Frequently Asked Questions
You get a 1 years warranty with your Glowstone mugLast updated:
Yes. We will be sending out different types of plugs depending on the country we are shipping to. So don't worry, our backers will not need to use an adaptor.Last updated:
At the end of the campaign we will be contacting all our backers to ask for their colour choice. If we get no response, they will be sent the faded hexagonal print.Last updated:
There are 4 things that help our mug withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
1. Our mug is made from fine bone china, which has a higher strength to weight ratio when compared to standard crockery ceramics.
2. The base of the Glowstone has more intrinsic strength than a standard mug due to the box section created when the baseplate is sealed into the heater cavity.
3. Internally, the batteries and electronics are sandwiched between 2 soft sheets of insulation. This insulation will dampen any shock, hence reducing any potential damage to the mug’s workings. The insulation will also shield damage to the batteries from any sharp shards that are created if heaven-forbid, you do manage to break your mug.
4. We have changed the handle design to make it thicker, stronger and less likely to break during one of those ooops moments.Last updated:
As the mug contains batteries and electronics ,it will stop working and could cause damage to both your mug and the microwave. We clearly label on the mug's base 'DO NOT MICROWAVE.' If you do however, The silver decoration on the rim will start to spark so will instantly let you know that mug should not be microwaved.
As all the electronics are sealed in an airtight ceramic chamber, it limits the damage that a microwaved battery can do anyway.Last updated:
The single goal of our Kickstarter campaign is to get our product out to as many backers as possible. We would hate for the shipping fee to deter potential fans from joining our campaign.
The higher shipping fees are due The 2 lithium ion batteries that are embedded within the Glowstone mug. A lithium-polymer battery is embedded inside of the Glowstone mug. This type of battery requires special shipping services which differ from services that deliver ordinary packages, thus coming at a higher price.
Additionally, unlike some campaigns that automatically add shipping costs to the reward levels, we did not do so. We strive to be 100% transparent about our costs.Last updated:
We estimate the battery life at 3-7 years, depending on use, before you get a noticeable drop-off in battery performance. Even at this stage in its life, it will still be keeping your drink hot, you just may not be getting two full 30 minute heat cycles from it between charges.Last updated:
1. We were careful to source powerful batteries that also had a long track record demonstrating their reliability.
2. We charge our batteries to a voltage 0.2V beneath what a smart phone would charge the same battery to.
We picked up this tip from NASA. To prolong the life of their satellite’s lithium ion batteries, they also reduce the maximum charge level. Instead of charging up to 4.35-4.4V you see your mobile phone charge to, they instead charge only up to 3.9V. This means they are able to use their batteries over tens of thousands of cycles and many years.
3. We have insulated the batteries within it’s cavity to keep it’s operating temperature low, similar to temperature your phone battery gets to during a long phone call.Last updated:
Yes. In a few years from now, if you do see a drop off in your mug's battery performance, we will replace your batteries for a small charge.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question