As in 'The Elder Scrolls': Create and improve your character in a fantasy world. Your skills will evolve according to your actions. You can choose either to play an archer/a mage/etc. or play them at the same time.
As in 'Age of Empire': Develop your village through 5 ages from prehistoric age to Renaissance. Build defenses and barracks. Order your armies and annihilate the enemy.
As 'Settlers': plant and collect many resources: wood, iron, wheat, wool, meat... Use your workshops like mill or market to transform your resources and manufacture your equipment.
- A simulation game: In Aurora, you control a character able to plant and harvest resources. Building workshops, you manufacture these resources and make your equipment. The game has over 20 resources : animal, vegetable and mineral. Plant trees, wheat fields, raise pets and prospecting iron, gold or sulfur ore.
- A sandbox game: Configure the game as you want. Playing a short game of 5 minutes or 5 hours. Play with few characters or play in huge with lot of characters. Choose the field, the resources, the number of allies, enemies...
- A role playing game: You can create and customize your character from 6 playable races. You have more than 50 skills. Throughout the game, you gain experience and increase your character level. Each skill have an experience gauge. You can both specialize in one profession or in all activities. There is no level limit and you can make and remake all game modes with the same character.
- A strategy game: Build barracks, defense turrets and recruit soldiers who obey your orders. There are gigantic golems too. You move through five ages from wooden club to firearms.
- A survival mode: In this game mode, you must fight off the assault of monsters. You will not be alone because many of artificial intelligences have the same capabilities as your character will help. Your character cannot build defenses networks alone. Protect your allies and collaborate to defeat hordes of invaders.
- A skirmish mode: In this game mode, you can play against other villages. This time, you're an invader and you must destroy the opponents defenses. Crush your enemies with armies or with golems.
- A custom game: All game data in readable text files. Any image editor lets you create your own graphics and maps. It is possible to create mods and add content made by the players.
These objectives are independent and can be release in any order. At the end of the campaign, I will invite contributors to vote for the goal priorities.
€6000 Multiplayer mode: If this is reached, I will develop local and online network.
€2500 Random quests: In the middle game, NPC, buildings or monsters appear and give you quests. These quests will add random events and will reward the player.
€2000 Steam age: The age steam will add a 6th age with new resources (steel, coal, clay), new buildings (career, hospitals ...) and vehicles. Each workshop will offer new equipment. (With more €2000 each, I could add the 'telsa age' and 'laser age' with improved technologies)
€1500 Mounts: It will had ponies, horses, griffins, dragons... which allow your character to move faster and offer special abilities.
€1250 Bosses: Bosses are powerful monsters which appear in the latest wave in survival mode. They will have special abilities like invocations, area spells...
€1000 Siege weapons: This objective will add rams, catapults, trebuchets, scorpions and canons. They can be built in a siege workshop.
€500 Terraforming: Do you yant to change the field, digging ditches, building roads ? This goal will allow your character to transform the ground in the game.
€350 Traps: This will add bear traps, pits, magical glyphs and landmines.
€250 Throw weapons: boomerangs, spears, javelins, launched knives, throwing axes, grenades.
€100 One new playable race (One more race per €100) from the following list: dark elf, half-orc, gnome, giant, kobold, goblin, fairy/sprite, dryad, drake, werewolf, vampire, centaur demon/succubus, celestial, artificial and shadow.
Risks and challenges
This game offers very little risk but I'm working alone. I can be delayed.
The development of version 1.0.0 is fast and ends with or without financing. But Aurora is a game with so many possibilities that would be a shame to stop. Financial support will allow me to invest more time in this ambitious project, adding many features and improve the game experience.
- (60 days)