Oasis - The World's First Modular Water Filter System
The Oasis is not just a water filter...It is a fundamental shift in our perceptions about water filtration and enhancement.
We didn't fund... But the OASIS WILL GO ON!!!
"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely." - Henry Ford
I want to thank ALL of you for the support and enthusiasm, you are the BEST!
When we set out to design an innovative new water filter we quickly realized that everything on the market was too restrictive and limiting to the end user. It felt like we had to design our activities around the filter device. In order to fix this, we had to break the status-quo. Every experience, every product has the potential to be designed better.
There are many water filters on the market that are designed around one primary use case. Whether someone is camping, hiking, traveling, doing yoga or preparing for the end of the world, there is a water filter specifically designed for that use. All those water filters are one trick ponies that do one thing really well.
But active individuals don’t just do one thing; so, why should a water filter just do one thing?
The Oasis is not a just a water filter, it is a system that fundamentally challenges our perception on water enhancement.The Oasis is easy to use, beautifully designed, and remarkably adaptable.
The Oasis system is comprised of modules, each filled with the newest water filter technology. Modules are combined to address specific water quality issues or activities.
The key element that makes the Oasis so unique is the patent pending genderless interconnect. Each module uses our patented genderless interconnect that allows a user to interchange modules with ease.
The small, lightweight and simple design of the Oasis, combined with the various filtration modules, makes the Oasis the most adaptable filtration system on the market and frankly, the only one of its kind.
Using the same technology as the ancient Egyptians, the AC Module uses Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) to filter and improve the taste of water. The AC Module comes pre-packaged with GAC which can be easily replaced by the user. Under normal conditions the activated carbon is good for 150 gallons or will last one person 4 months of everyday use.
What does Active Carbon Remove?
- Bad Taste
The HF Modules uses Hollow Fiber Membrane to remove bacteria, protozoa, and cysts. The HF Module is best suited to filter water from lakes, rivers, streams, or questionable water sources. This module protects from the serious contaminants that can be found in the backcountry through size exclusion. The HF Module will last up to 100,000 gallons and will automatically stop when it needs to be changed.
What Does Hollow Fiber remove?
Nanolum is the most diverse filter medium in the Oasis system. Based on technology designed by NASA, Nanolum has been redesigned for consumer use while not in space. This pleated filter works by absorption and is a non-woven highly engineered water filter paper which also sandwiches Activated Carbon. The Nanolum Module should be replaced every 150 gallons and is ideal for international travel, backpacking, and when the best filtration is needed.
What Does Nanolum Filter?
- Viruses (Hep A, Typhoid, Ebola, etc)
- Bacteria (E.Coli, Giardia, etc)
- Protozoa (Cryptosporidium, Cholera, etc)
- Chemicals (Chlorine, Arsenic, etc)
- Heavy Metals (Mercury, Lead, etc)
- Bad Taste
Why just filter your water if you can enhance it as well!
There are two different body sizes for the Oasis, 100 mm and 50 mm. These tubes can be used to fill with different types of water enhancers. For best results and maximum enhancement, you should fill these tubes completely full.
There really is no limit to what you can enhance your water with!
It can infuse:
- Negative Ion
- Essentially anything you can think of!
The Oasis Can Be Used With:
- A Water Bottle
- A Hydration Pack
- As A Gravity Filter
- A Pump
What Activities Do You Enjoy? What About...
- Prepping For Emergencies
- Off Roading
- Going to the gym
The List could go on! Pretty much any activity you are involved in you can adapt the Oasis to filter and enhance your water!
The Oasis System is:
- Unique. Unlike any other water filter, the Oasis has separate modules which can be arranged to adjust to any activity a consumer would engage in.
- Adaptable. The patent pending genderless interconnect allows a user to combine various modules and accessories. Whether a hiker wants to purify stream water while hiking, a yoga enthusiast wants to infuse water with tea or fruit, a traveler wants to be confident drinking water anywhere in the world, the Oasis can be adapted to meet any need.
- Efficient. The Oasis has multiple filtration mediums that will get rid of chemicals, bacteria, and viruses up to 99.9999%. Each of the filtration mediums can easily be replaced as needed.
- Portable. The Oasis is one device that can be changed and have attachments added to it. It is small and lightweight making it easy to throw into a backpack for a camping trip.
- Easy to Use. With the Oasis, the consumer is completely in charge of what is being filtered. Each module will feature directional descriptions and arrows making it easy for the consumer to know how to customize the Oasis.
- Healthy. Along with the benefits of infusing tea and fruit, the Oasis is designed with the capability of infusing different minerals and enhancers like ORP booster, Alkaline booster, Ion-exchange & Zeolite.
WATERisLIFE’s mission is to provide clean water, sanitation and hygiene programs. Saving Lives. Transforming Communities.
We are fortunate to have access to clean water every day! We are excited to have the opportunity to use a simple filter system to bring that same access to families in need. Over 750 million people don't have access to clean water.
We have partnered with Water is Life to make it possible for the KickStarter community to "Share their Water".
Sharing Is Caring!
Risks and challenges
We have completed all the sourcing of materials, and are 90% with the final design. Our molds and tooling have already been designed and are waiting production.
The big hurdle is finalizing testing and certification. However, since our sourcing partners complete internal testing procedures we are confident in a fluid certification process. We have certified other filter products but due to the complexity of certification for a modular water filter, we will have to undergo much more complex testing for the Oasis system.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (49 days)