Sirens | Fine Nude Photographic Art Book
Sirens | Fine Nude Photographic Art Book
'Sirens' (with poems by Peter Godwin) is a book that explores Southeast Asian women' sensuality & femininity!
'Sirens' (with poems by Peter Godwin) is a book that explores Southeast Asian women' sensuality & femininity! Read more
I'm raising funds in order to print, publish and market 1,000 copies of my very first photographic art book (with poems by Peter Godwin).
Born in the North of France, I developed a consuming passion for photography at the early age of 17. After obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree, I worked as a trainee in different studios located in the Lille region. Then, freshly graduated from one of the most reputed schools in Brussels, where I’ve acquired a solid education, I took the opportunity to quench my thirst for photographic adventures.
In my debut photo-reportage in 1992, I immortalized the ancestral rituals of Papua, impressing the famous international press agency Gamma, who published these images throughout the world. Leaving my career in Europe, I pursued my passion for this fascinating Indonesian archipelago and worked on a number of projects that took me to some of South-East Asia’s most remote islands.
In 2005, I began work on a series of photographic projects that set out to capture the unique beauty and sensuality of the women of Southeast Asia. This work in progress has showed how I virtually capture the instant when the models forget they are posing for a photographer and their true self appears. I’m looking for the essence of their femininity. I've tried to portray this moment of truth, unique in each of my models, by a gesture, an expression, an emotion. Through these gestures, I've aimed at capturing the very instant when intense beauty reveals itself.
In 2010, I became friend with Peter Godwin, musician and songwriter. We decided that the first music video of Peter’s band, Nuevo, would be produced and directed by myself. Made in Java in 2010, the film reflects the sensuality and playfulness of the song, through my meditation on beauty and chocolate.
In 2012, I met Jonathan Politur, a young Parisian TV producer. Attracted by the fineness and the sensuality of my photos, he accepted to co-produce a series of sensual programs.
In 2014, I took an opportunity to set my very first Parisian exhibition, ‘Elles & Îles’.
Now, I need your help for financing the printing of 1,000 copies of my very first book of photos, 'Sirens' (with poems by Peter Godwin)!
This book is important to me, as I see it as a token of appreciation of more than 10 years spent on studying Southeast Asian women’s sensuality.
If you decide to grant me that reward, I’ll probably generate better media coverage, I’ll manage to exhibit my sensual photos further, and I’ll be able to publish a second book soon.
What I Need & What You Get
To be able to publish 'Sirens', I need you to contribute to € 13,000 (US$ 14,770), in order to be able to print the first 1,000 copies of 'Sirens'.
- Texts in English & French
- Format: 24x32 cm (9.45x16.6 in)
- Number of pages: 120
- Number of photos: 130
- Number of poems: 25
- Paper: coated (semi mat) 170 g
- Printing: offset (Black + 1 pantone color)
- Book cover: 27x36 cm (10.6x14.2 in), hardcover (mat & anti-scratch)
Release Date: Autumn literary season
Shipping: October/November 2016
As a reward for your pledge & faith, I've decided to offer a few limited perks:
- Reward #1 (€ 5 or more): Your name in the book (printed on the supporter page), as a huge thank you for your support!
- Reward #2 (€ 25 or more): 1 numbered & certified 18x24 cm (7.1x9.45 in) fine art print, signed by the artist (well protected & packaged).
- Reward #3 (€ 50 or more): 1 signed copy of the book (limited to 100 copies).
- Reward #4 (€ 100 or more): 1 signed copy of the book + 1 numbered, certified & signed 24x30 cm (9.45x11.80 in) fine art print (limited to 50 copies).
- Reward #5 (€ 200 or more): 1 signed copy of the book + 1 numbered, certified & signed 60x90 cm (23.60x35.45 in) fine art print (limited to 15 copies).
- Reward #6 (€ 300 or more): 1 special signed, numbered & limited edition of 'Sirens', packed in a handmade box.
- Reward #7: (€ 500 or more): 1 special signed, numbered & limited edition of 'Sirens', packed in a handmade box; + 5 numbered & certified 24x30 cm (9.45x11.80 in) fine art prints, signed by the artist.
- Reward #8: (€ 1,000 or more): 1 special signed, numbered & limited edition of 'Sirens', packed in a handmade box; + 1 numbered & certified 80x120 cm (31.50x47.25 in) limited edition fine art print, signed by the artist; + a special "thanks" in the book.
Such a project is valuable, not only to me, but also to Peter Godwin's fans, as this book project will see 25 of his poems being published for the first time ever. Famous in the '80s with hit singles such as 'Images Of Heaven' and 'Baby's In The Mountains', Peter is also known for being the songwriter behind the 'Criminal World' song that was covered by David Bowie in 1983 for the album 'Let's Dance'.
If you just can't contribute, but want to help, I'll be grateful if you share my project on social networks and forums. You might also use the Kickstarter share tools, if needed.
Thanks very much in advance!
Risks and challenges
I've been a professional photographer for the last 25 years. All the photos and layouts for this book project are ready. This project therefore only consists of funding the printing of the first 1,000 copies of the book by one of the best French book-printing companies. These first 1,000 copies will then be sold by mail order (thus shipped worldwide via the French national postal service -La Poste / 'Colissimo'), while some of them will be on consignment is some book stores.
So, I don't think there're much risks in this project that can go uncontrolled, as I'll supervise the printing & shipping processes myself.
And I can guarantee that your copy will be replaced immediately if delivered in poor condition (damaged or torn).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)