About this project
History CPR "Cultivate-Preserve-Read!" and Haylee's Treasure are about a special place in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan called Munising. History CPR brings "to life" the history, art, music and natural areas that are special to Michigan. With the money we raise from your pledge we will:
- Print the first book called “Haylee’s Treasure” set in Munising, Michigan.
- Launch History CPR's artist-in-the-schools program bringing discussions, reading, writing and learning through books, history, art and nature to kids.
- Promote the History CPR artists.
- Trademark the name History CPR.
- Begin development of a second book called “Hunter’s Quest” set in Kalamazoo.
- Meet with children in the Detroit area to research a story in Southeast Michigan.
- Explore new locations and cultivate historical artifacts in communities that wish to preserve local history through children's literature.
Haylee's Treasure, a work of historical fiction promotes hands-on experiential learning that supplements the Michigan education standards in and out of the classroom.
Haylee's Treasure engages kids by welcoming them to take part in the creation of stories, characters, and the art and design of History CPR children's books.
Outside of Michigan the History CPR series invites young readers to investigate their own history, nature, and local art and to share this by "writing to Haylee".
Does the vision of providing children an opportunity to engage with local artists and authors in developing books, based on their local history, sound appealing to you? Do you want to help share Michigan gems, like Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore with those who've never heard about them? If so, we want to share the rewards of this project with you. Thanks for ANY level of support - even $1 can make a difference!
Support this project
- (32 days)