This project's funding goal was not reached on May 15, 2012.
About this project
(Video update coming in the next few days)
Dear Kickstarter community,
My name is Jose, I am an immigrant that has been living in NYC for about 6 years. I have been involved in art since I was a kid.I have been involved with street art and designer toys since 2009. I want to use what I have learned from customizing toys, painting with acrylics (and with the help of a movement as an inspiration), to fund a project. That movement that inspired me is Kony 2012.
I have created a sculpture inspired by Kony 2012. This is a bust is of a child holding a gun. I call it army of children. This sculpture has taken me over 50 hours to complete. The pictures don’t give justice to the amount of details on this piece. I also came up with other mediums to give you guys more choices,
1. Donate one dollar to the cause. I will put your name on the list of backers and you will be always awesome, forever!!
2. One buttons/pins. These are made out very versatile and durable plastic beads which, when heated, compress and fuse together in the designated layout. Each model is hand-crafted with precision and the utmost love. The first pin is 4X1.5 inches and I will make it with 4 alphabet characters/numbers of your choice. The heart pin is 3X3 and I will make it with 2 alphabet characters/numbers of your choice.(image bellow just as examples).
3. International shipping for those outside the USA.
4. One custom dunny. What is a dunny? Dunny is one of Kidrobot's most popular toys. The rabbit-shaped, curvy character has been customized by hundreds of world-famous artists. These will be hand painted and there will be not two alike. the dunny is 3 inches tall. These will be numbered X out of 20. (the ones in the pictures are an example of dunnys that I customized, but they will all be different design)
5. You will get rewards 1, 2 and 4.
6. One acrylic painting. These will be painted by me on a canvas pad. All will be custom made for each person and there will be not two alike. The size is 9X12 and they will come framed from me to you. These will be numbered X out of 10.
7. This is the main event!! The bust army of children. Each hand-cast in resin. It will be of a white solid color and will look exactly as my original sculpture. The bust is about 6 inches high and about 3 inches wide. This bust will look amazing as part of your decoration and will amaze you with the details.
The bust still needs a little more work (meanly sanding to get it smooth)but you can clearly see all the details.
8. On this pledge you will get the bust army of children. However, this time I will customize it with a custom paint job and will be numbered X out of 10.
9. Acrylic painting. These will be painted by me on a stretched canvas. Custom made for each person and there will be not two alike. The size is 16X20 and they will numbered X out of 5.
10. This is a little bonus just for you guys. One of my original sculptures. this one is called "marble creature from the deep sea". i will give this one a custom paint job.
11. Finally, this is the ultimate pledge. On this pledge you will get the original sculpture. Hand sculpted by my own hands and signed and number 1 out of 1. I will never reproduce this sculpture again so you will have an original piece from me to you. You will be so awesome displaying this on your house!!
By backing up my project you will be helping me directly to create more art inspired by social movements. In addition you will ensure that all future projects will have a great start and I will be doing more and more project with the sole purpose of crating awareness of revolutionary movements and awesomeness. Besides that you will feel really good with yourself knowing that: you made somebody’s dream come true and that will forever entitled you as the king of awesome!!!
Please kickstarter help me make this possible and I will not let any of you guys down. This will help me kick start my career as an artist.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)