Alien Glow Ships! Glow in the dark spaceship building game.
Alien Glow Ships! Glow in the dark spaceship building game.
Glow in the dark spaceship toy game for kids. Build your own space station and battle your friends at Inter-Galactic Warfare!
Glow in the dark spaceship toy game for kids. Build your own space station and battle your friends at Inter-Galactic Warfare! Read more
Alien Glow Ships are Attacking! Or at least they will be as soon as we receive enough funding. Hello, my name is Edan and welcome to my Kickstarter project. I'm really excited about this project and the opportunity to bring it to everyone here on Kickstarter. So let’s blastoff and get this thing started! Please make sure to scroll to the bottom of the page where FAQ's and pictures of the various Rewards will be posted as the become available.
About My Project:
So what in the world are Alien Glow Ships? Alien Glow Ships are plastic toy spaceships that are approximately 4"-5” diameter in size that glow in the dark. They are also the centerpiece for building creative space stations to battle against your friends. Alien Glowships combine the fun and excitement of inter-galactic warfare with the creative, imagination of space station construction that just comes natural to kids, right in your own home! This new space station building block game is truly an experience that’s "out of this world".
Of course, the best part is that each of the Alien Glow Ships is not only a fundamental building block for limitless space station designs, but that they also glow in the dark! They are great fun as a daytime activity and even more fun at night time sleep-overs. Hey, what can be more fun than having an inter-galactic space war with your best friend, where everything glows in the dark!
This exciting new adventure will provide your kids with hours and hours of fun and enjoyment, while constantly challenging their minds to create their next great space station. By building their own space station, establishing a line of defense and planning their next alien attack, Alien Glow Ships provide kids with a fun, safe learning experience that develops the brain and allows creativity to flow.
We’re in the process of setting up a website to provide more information on this project. Please visit us at www.AlienGlowShips.com. We will be adding new information and pictures in the weeks to come and following the end of our Kickstarter funding deadline.
Here are some of the special features of the Alien Glow Ships.
(1) Really cool looking alien spaceships that glow in the dark. Make a great night light. Can’t beat that for night-time fun!
(2) Spaceships can stack on top of one another to create an unlimited number of unique space station designs. Hours and hours of creative fun and imagination for kids.
(3) You can challenge your friends to a game of Inter-Galactic Warfare, attacking and destroying your opponent's space station while defending your own.
(4) Expandable. You can always add more spaceships to make your space station bigger and bigger, and add new accessories as they are developed such as a “Fireball Launcher” (under development) which can be used to knock down an opponent's spaceships after they have been formed into a space station.
(5) Easy to clean. Just wipe with a damp towel if they ever get dirty.
(6) Easy to store. Each spaceship can also be stacked directly on top of one another (nested) so that they can be stored conveniently using a minimum amount of space. No more messy toys lying all over the living room floor. Now you can just stack them up and put them away.
Here’s what we've done so far:
In preparation for our Kickstarter project, we wanted to get some of the basic research and design completed to give you a better idea of what we are doing. Here is a list of the things we have done so far.
• Preliminary Spaceship Design: As you can see from the picture of the Alien Glow Ship, we have almost completed the spaceship design. We still have a bit of work to do to make it look even cooler, but this should give you a general idea of what the final product will look like.
• RFQ’s: We have already sent out many RFQ’s (requests for price quotes) so we know exactly what it will cost us to make the injection molds, production parts, logos and artwork, website development, etc. This way there will be no surprises for us down the road.
• Artwork and Logo: We are currently in the process of reviewing and revising our artwork and logo designs for use with the product, product packaging, website and Kickstarter rewards. Of course, since you’ll be getting in on some of these rewards, your comments and suggestions are always welcome!
• Website Development: We are in the process of setting up a website to provide you with additional information about this project. So, please check back from time to time for updates throughout the course of this project.
Here’s what I'll be doing next and how the funds will be used:
Once funding is completed, we can complete the final details that will launch us into production. Here is a short list of the remaining items to be completed.
• Final 3D CAD design of the spaceship to get ready for production.
• Final artwork and logo to be used for the spaceships, the game, packaging, website and rewards.
• Order the plastic injection molds and other required production tooling. (As some of you may be aware, injection molds can get a bit pricey). Fortunately, we have great suppliers that give us a great deal!
• Initial production run of 1,000 Alien Glow Ship sets with each set containing 25 spaceships. The first 1,000 sets will be a bright luminous green color. If we get enough contributions we will be able to offer multiple colors.
• Rewards, Rewards, Rewards…..we’ll make sure to get all of the various rewards produced and shipped as quickly as possible!
*To complete this project we need to raise a minimum of $14,500. This will cover all of the start-up and production costs mentioned above.
Thanks again for participating. We're sure that everyone will have a blast with their new Alien Glowships, both children and adults alike!
(1) What is the recommended minimum age for playing with the Alien Glow Ships?
• The recommended age is 5 years old and up. Of course, they’re fun for adults too!
(2) Can I order more than one reward?
• Absolutely! You can order as many items as you like. No doubt you have family and friends that would love to get their hands on some Alien Glow Ships too.
(3) Will the Alien Glow Ships be available in more than one color?
• If we receive contributions for more than 1,000 sets, then we will be able to offer a second color (maybe red, yellow or blue?) Otherwise, the initial color will be a bright luminous green. This one glows best in the dark!
(4) When will the Alien Glow Ships be ready to ship?
• Once funding is completed, it will take us about 60 days to complete the final CAD designs, molds and tooling, graphic artwork and other miscellaneous items to get ready for production. It will then take another 60 days to manufacture the spaceships. The total estimated time is just 120 days and then the Alien Glowships will be shipped right to you.
(5) What is the "Fireball Launcher"?
•The "Fireball Launcher" is an accessory used to launch glow in the dark "fireballs" (no they aren't really on fire) at an opponent's space station to knock down their spaceships. This accessory is still in the design phase and not yet available. We just wanted to give you a glimpse into the near future of things to come. Once they are available we will notify all of our Kickstarter suporters first!
(6) What do the glow in the dark t-shirts look like?
• The final design for the T-Shirts is not completed yet, but here is a "rough" sample of what they may look like. We will probably be adding a small logo once that is completed as well. Of course, your suggestions are always welcome! Just let us know what you would like to see.
Thank you so much for participating in our project!
THE ALIEN GLOW SHIP PROJECT TEAM
Risks and challenges
As with any new project, there are always a few risks. Having been involved with product development, including the design, prototyping and manufacturing of products many times, I am well aware of the risks involved with this project. Common risks includes things such as quality control, price variations, material aquisitions, manufacturing processes and production deadlines. These have all been taken into consideration and are being managed down to the last detail.
Occassionally, unforseen circumstances can arise. Although these are uncommon, we try to prepare for them as best as possible. Should we run into any unforseen events, our knowlege and experience allows us to work around most situations with only a minor delay in production time. At this time everything is going according the schedule.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)