Cimmerian Space Browser Game (Canceled)
Cimmerian Space Browser Game (Canceled)
"Elite for Facebook/Google+" -3D HTML5 space shooter featuring real time combat, trading, bounty hunting and photographic crew members!
"Elite for Facebook/Google+" -3D HTML5 space shooter featuring real time combat, trading, bounty hunting and photographic crew members! Read more
About this project
Cimmerian Space thrusts you into the hot seat as you explore a 3D universe using just your web browser. Starting off piloting a small spaceship, you'll get the opportunity to trade, dogfight and bounty hunt your way to success. Packed full of stunning 3D models and artwork as well as featuring photographic fashion shoots bringing the vivid characters to life, Cimmerian Space is going to be at the cutting edge of both technology and fashion.
The world of Cimmerian Space is set against the backdrop of a civil war as the desperate outer colonies fight for freedom from the Centrist government. Meanwhile the mysterious and ancient Cimmerians are spreading their dark influence over humanity and threatening to engulf the whole of known space. War, invasion, treachery, resistance, passion, and adventure await those who'll risk all to explore this vivid new universe.
Be the commander of your own star ship. Either explore a free-form universe trading goods and fighting pirates, or follow the games mission based story arcs. With 16 fully configurable ships to choose from you can customize your vessel for a variety of roles. Do you want a ship with a huge cargo bay so you can maximize your profit, a military vessel bristling with weapons, a sleek and stealthy model with noise suppressed engines to sneak past enemy lines, or simply to be the fastest ship in this side of mars? The choice is yours!
Before you compare us to Star Citizen, please consider this is an HTML5 browser game, downloads in seconds and should run happily on your laptop, and hopefully we will have a tabet version next year too.
The game is currently under development and close to launching its Beta test. If you contribute to our cause you will be invited to join our exclusive Beta Test.
We have all watched Firefly, Star Wars and seen the crew on the bridge of the Enterprise; Captain Picard, Warf on Weapons, Data at Tactical, and Geordi in the Engine room. We want to add a configurable crew system to your starship, and to do that we need to create more crew members. Now to make our game feel iconic and different to all those other games you are used to playing, we want to use photographic characters rather than the usual cartoony Facebook game fare.
The cool thing with new characters is that they each unlock missions that tell their story, giving you hours of extra gameplay.
With each Crew member you get:
- An in game bonus that levels up with the character.
- A unique story arc told via a repeatable mission thread
- Access to a unique schematic for a piece of ship equipment or ship, whose components drops during the mission.
- A hi-res photobundle of the character, including a desktop wallpaper.
Here is the design concept for our drag and drop crew assignment screen:
We had a photoshoot last year with nearly no budget and produced some great images.This year we want colourful aliens and cyborgs, to bring the universe to life!
Here we have some details and concept sketches for our proposed characters to give you an idea of what the character might look like and some ! (Note: game bonuses are only a guide)
- Biography: Magmaderm is a silicon-carbon hybrid alien from the planet, Newtonia VIII, which is held in a gravitational attraction to its star that causes it to always face sunwards. The unending days have baked his skin rock hard, and rumor has it molten rock flows through his veins. He is slow to anger, but once enraged he is an almost unstoppable force. Magmaderm and his late brother, Igneous, were successful bounty hunters. It was said that, like their skin, their determination was almost unyielding. After his brother died apprehending space bandits in the infamous Corona Cantina massacre, Magmaderm drifted from planet to planet, working his passage on cargo ships and privateers. He overcame addictions to gambling and drinking by focusing on revenge on his brotherÕs killers. So far, he has eliminated seven of the nine with extreme prejudice and made creative use of their ossified body parts in award winning sculpture.
- Seat: Engineer
- Bonus: Bonus to ships structure
- Biography: Purminx Nekoko is a feline alien from the Panthera habilis diaspora. She joined the planetary militia on a dare after a drunken night out, but as it turned out she really enjoyed the thrill of going out on maneuvers, some primal instinct to hunt was re-awakened. Pantherans all have superior reflexes to their human equivalent, but Perminx is exceptional even amongst her own, easily winning the regiments annual shooting contest. However military discipline was eventually too much for her, and after an incident her CO disapproved of, she decided it was time to muster out and get off planet as fast as possible. She joined the crew of an outgoing ship, and during a hair raising conflict with some Ballerian Raiders she proved to her shipmates, that she could be relied upon line those crosshairs up when it truly counted. Purminx can go from playful and decadent, seemingly a harmless kitten-girl, to intensely focused with deadly intent, instantly and without warning.
- Seat: Gunner
- Bonus: Damage bonus with Cyclic Laser and Plasma Cannons
- Biography: "Piety Zeushiva is a devout follower of the Church of the Stars, who strongly believes in the oneness of religion and the destiny of the true believers. Direct and intensely focussed, she dedicated her early years to prayer and meditation at the isolated alpha priory. In line with the teachings of her faith, she eventually decided it was her duty to bring this galaxy's most wretched souls the salvation of the one religion. "There are many stars of many strengths within a galaxy, but no one is more important than another. So too for the lifeforms that populate this realm; be sure to care for even the smallest, for he too has a role to play". Zeushiva's pilgrimage to the Outer Rim brought with it great trials; not only was life on society's edge a far cry from her days of peaceful meditation, but she had great difficulty relating with the people she sought to save. Although she had to work hard in order to get by, even in such a gruelling place she managed to find peace, albeit in a most unexpected form. From fixing faulty machines for those who could not afford better, to building bots from scratch to make people's lives easier, Zeushiva found solace in the simplicity of machines. In time she developed a new form of meditation, whereby through intense concentration she can understand a machine in terms of each tiny part, and the invaluable role each one plays. Zeushiva has since moved on from her time at the Outer Rim, and her engineering skills have only improved; if you need someone who understands shield harmonics, there is no one better. Unfortunately her social skills have not come as far, and her directness and intense work ethic may be problematic for a lazy or easily offended travel companion. Just be mindful not to mention the one religion in her presences; something happened out there on the edge of the galaxy that significantly altered her course in life, and she's not broken her vow of silence on it… yet."
- Seat: Engineer
- Bonus: Bonus to Shield Regeneration
- Biography: Cybernetically enhanced pilots can make allot of cash on the outer rim, and Caprice needed cash, and needed it bad. She was already a Grade 1 certified pilot, but some bad debts with some bad people were beginning to catch up with her. Then an opportunity arose to make one of those runs you just don't talk about in casual conversation, and to sweeten the deal (and increase the chances of her actually delivering the package) the fixer threw in a complete cybernetic upgrade - military grade tech, tough to get on the black market but she knew better than to ask too many questions. She survived the gig and paid off (most of!) her debts, and now soars the stars at one with her ship its sensors fed directly into her neural cortex!
- Seat: Pilot
- Bonus: Ship Speed and Agility
The more money we raise the more crew and missions we will deliver to you. We will be announcing concepts and stories for future crew throughout the Kickstarter, so stay tuned. If you pledge for the £40 BRIDGE CREW Reward, you will receive the 1st three characters and ALL the stretch goal crew too! So tell your friends so we can all benefit from a range of exotic and exciting characters! Further Stretch Goals will expand the scope of the game and add other unique features. The Characters will be released progressively after launch, each with a unique mission thread, so you will have something to look forward to as the game evolves.
If things go really well we may announce more game features that are currently beyond our budget to implement. Stay tuned!
Risks and challenges
We are already more than half way through development, however building computer games is a challenging process, and often bugs during the development process can slow things down. By running a detailed Beta test with backers and experienced playtesters, we aim to find and fix any issues and build our core community.
Of course any game can turn out to be different to what you expected, however we'll be involving the community through the process to ensure we create the game we all want to play. In order for our game to be a success it needs to have enough game-play to keep you coming back for more.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (44 days)