This project's funding goal was not reached on March 13, 2013.
About this project
What Mural for Music is all about.
For several years now educational funding has been cut drastically, including music. We who believe that Music education is just as essential as other subjects, created the Mural for Music project. It is a project that brings together the fight for music education, and art. Without music education some of the worlds most famous musicians might not have ever existed. I’m working together with the Gigantic Worx project to try and make a difference.The Gigantic Worx project is a state of the art music themed center, that will offer everyone from all ages a unique musical experience. It will give people a chance to enjoy and enhance their knowledge of music education. The centers will be built around the premise that humankind cannot function without music. I’m building this mural to raise the initial start up fee for the centers. The mural will be constructed in my hometown of Detroit. With the help of local business owners and local artists, we will build a mural that offers people the chance to have their own faces painted in it! We’re also including classic Motown figures! Doing this we hope to symbolize that the fight for music education is a community effort, and only through the community will we be able to make a difference. We need your help to complete this project, and I hope that we will be able to succeed in our goal.Thanks again!
How can I help?
You can help by donating to any of our following rewards. Once our initial funding goal is reached all additional proceeds will go to help and strengthen the Gigantic Worx project. For more information on the Gigantic Worx project please check out the following link. http://giganticworx.com/GIGANTIC_WORX_2011/The_Challenge.html
Where the Mural will be built
The Mural will be built in a local community garden, with the help of Mr Jim Geary (Owner of the Woodbridge Pub) who is willing to donate the fence the mural will be painted on. We believe that the community will be able to enjoy the mural the best in this spot. Check out the article below for more pictures and information on the garden. http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2013/01/woodbridge-soon-to-have-detroits-best-community-garden.php
Some rewards we have to offer include....
Our Tote Bags!
Don't miss out on our uniquely designed bags, with our original mural design printed on them.
For $25 you get an original T-shirt, and the Tote bag, not to mention all the lower priced rewards. How can you beat that?
Don't miss out on the rest of our great rewards! For $30 or more you can have your own portrait painted into the mural. Just send us a picture of you playing an instrument, and you can be painted next to a famous Motown celebrity!
$500 Reward- Have a website designed for you, or your band by a professional graphic designer. Terms and agreement section- A note from the designer Chris Labadie http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=16829621&authType=name&authToken=VGD3&goback=%2Ewvp_*1_*1_*1&trk=wvmx_p
- I will be using wix.com, a site that provides free starter templates for really any kind of website. From there a site can be molded to fit to your needs. I can create the free site but with all the content but the name of the site will most likely look like this: www.username.wix.com/sitename. You would have to buy your owndomain name which can be done through the wix.com site. A login will be provided, I suggest changing the given password once logged in after completion of the site. The info needed to provide a proper website is as follows:
- Band name
- Band members
- Band email address
- Links for facebook, twitter, etc.
- Band info (a paragraph or more describing said band)
- Main page photo
- Artwork or style you like (mainly for background)
- Venue dates (where & when)
- Music to play on website An account will need to be made at soundcloud.com and embedded links to songs uploaded to that site will need to be provided. http://www.youtube.com/watchfeature=player_embedded&v=4t9pRKUFv9A
- Videos (if you have videos keep in mind copyright infringement) with any youtube videos a url will need to be provided
Additional info may be needed upon request. Once the site is created and login info given, the site is now yours and are responsible for maintaining and updating the site. Wix.com support will take care of any questions or concerns.
A special thanks goes out to the people who have shown an unique interest in our project, and have been nothing but gracious in the support they have shown.
- The Fender Music Foundation
- Mike Finkel, and Eugene Cantera, from The Dallas School of Music.
- Mr. Jim Geary, owner of Woodbridge Pub, for donating the fence and the land the mural is to be painted on.
- Ms. Chelsea Schultz, our very talented artist.
- Ms. Megan Marsac, our video director.
Risks and challenges
With any project there's a lot of work that goes into it, and you never know if a problem will arise. For the past several months we have worked hard to try and predict, and navigate around any obstacle that we could foresee. From shipping delays to price fluctuations, we have done our best to overcome, and prepare for any problems that might come up. We designed our budget, and our time to fluctuate with any foreseeable challenges, and we are sure that we are equipped to handle any obstacle with the proper solution.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)