About this project
UNA, which means 'one' and also means 'together', perfectly describes what UNA is all about:
Whether you want to grill on your apartment's balcony, or your terrace...
... or meeting with some friends on the beach, or in the park!
It all started with a scorched table.
My family lives all around the world, so when my dad visited my brother Malek in Ivory Coast, they decided to have a barbecue to celebrate. Because there was no grill at hand, my father improvised on the spot and created his own Do-It-Yourself grill. The dinner was delicious, but as a result of grilling on the table, the table-top was scorched and ruined. Fortunately the story didn't end there... After the incident, my father decided to work on a solution. After many trials and errors, his prototypes became my inspiration to create UNA Grill, an elegant, smart, portable, table-top charcoal grill which can be used anytime, anywhere!
Family gathering in Frankfurt, Germany, during the exhibition at Ambiente 2017.
- November 2014 Incident with the scorched table.
- March 2015 My father's first prototypes.
- May 2015 Meeting with FLEX/design.
- January 2016 Sketches of the UNA Grill.
- March 2016 The first prototype of UNA Grill.
- March - July 2016 Engineering and optimization.
- July 2016 The first working prototype!
- August 2016 We named it "UNA".
- September 2016 Our first exhibition.
- September 2016-February 2017 Independent testing and new improvements.
- February 2017 Our second Exhibition, again huge interest.
- Feburary-June 2017 Packaging design and making of tooling for manufacturing.
- May-June 2017 Support and funding from friends.
- 14 June 2017 Get your UNA Grill on Kickstarter!
- October 2017 Shipment.
Risks and challenges
If we are successfully funded in this campaign, we will make sure everything goes according to plan to meet the promised deadline.
We have already tested and functioning prototypes. The funding raised on Kickstarter will be used for scaling up production and manufacturing.
There are always unforeseens in production and scaling up. But we are working with a very experienced team and a manufacturer with whom we have cooperated in prototyping and product engineering for more than one year. Although this will be our first scaling up, we believe we've taken all the necessary measures to run everything smoothly and deliver to you your own UNA Grill so you can start grilling.
Support this project
- (30 days)