Spartan Games: Universal modular wargames terrain (Canceled)
A modular wargames terrain system that grows with your needs, accommodates numerous genres and scales and can meet any budget.
Spartan Scenics is an established range of wargames terrain from Spartan Games, built from highly detailed, easy to assemble precision cut MDF and acrylic, and supported by boxed sets of stunningly detailed resin accessories - all designed to maximise your gaming experience.
But our designers wanted more, they wanted to create a 'one design fits all' solution for tabletop gaming scenery. The idea was a lofty one: a solution that could grow with a gamer's needs (and budgets) and be flexible enough to meet their changing gaming needs! So having set ourselves this target we went about designing the nirvana of modular terrain systems.
This Kickstarter is to fund the latest innovation by Spartan Games and is:
- Scale - the project starts at 28mm scale, but will grow to embrace any scale we want!
- High quality - as you have come to expect from Spartan Games.
- Flexible - designed to be built both vertically and horizontally, allowing you to build rooms, corridors and towers. You will also be able to create bridges between floors, towers, mezzanines and balconies. Use your imagination to also make arches, windows and doorways.
- Requires no glue - components fit together using universal push-fit connectors.
- Plastic - start building your terrain with highly-durable plastic components.
- Printed card - start your terrain with stunningly detailed, double-sided card inserts to build your floors, walls and doors. The vertical supports make it easy for you to switch the card over, allowing multiple themes to be supported by a common set of modular building components. Initial themes include Fantasy, Sci-Fi and World War II, but many more can be unlocked.
- Resin, acrylic and more - once the foundations have been set the future of your scenery is very exciting: it has resin walls, floors and doors in it, along with coloured acrylic and laser-etched MDF. This terrain is designed to embrace all formats. So start with our stunning card solution before planning just how 'deluxe' you will go!
- Scenic Dressing Kits - will allow you to take your designs to an even greater level of detail as you add beds, tables, machinery, book cases, computers, traps and much more...
- Easily stored - the system is 100% modular. So you can take it apart, easily store it and put it together, potentially reconfigured for a new genre or scale, whenever you want.
Just to give you an idea of what you get and the degree of flexibility this terrain provides, let's take a look at some example layouts.
Want to find out more about our terrain? We've put together this handy pdf guide to building our terrain for you to download and read at your leisure.
- Choose your pledge level.
- Choose from a range of add ons.
- Click "Back this project" & select your pledge level.
- Enter the total amount for your pledge level, add ons and shipping.
- We will send a survey out after the Kickstarter is funded to confirm which add ons and shipping you selected.
Read on to see exactly what you get with our recommended pledges. You can see details of all our pledges in the column to your right.
To add these to your pledge just go to the large green "Manage My Pledge" button to the top right of this page and increase your pledge by the total of the add ons you want. We confirm exactly what you want in a survey we send out when the Kickstarter is funded. You will have about 6 weeks after the Kickstarter is ended to add or change your pledge.
Shipments are sent from Spartan Games HQ in the UK. We've made it simple to calculate the shipping costs you must add to your pledge total. Simply check the total value of your pledge and add ons and compare it to the table below. As highlighted in the table, all pledges and add ons that total more than £100 include FREE worldwide shipping.
The Retailer Bronze Pack will allow you to select 5 Bronze Packs at a special retail price.
You must e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you are a valid retail store and to find out your special retail price. Please don't pledge without doing this as you will end up paying the full pledge price for 5 Bronze Packs!
A stretch goal is a funding target beyond the original Kickstarter goal. If we reach these stretch goals, we will be able to unlock lots of cool stuff and make them available as add-ons and options. Reaching certain stretch goals may even net you FREE extras to add to your pledge!
6 reasons to support our project:
- Early delivery - if funded, we will be able to sell our terrain through retailers in 2016. By pledging, you will be getting your terrain before anyone else.
- Limited availability - many of the pledge offerings and rewards are exclusive to this Kickstarter.
- Great discounts - get your terrain at prices below what we expect it to retail at when released next year.
- We listen - we value feedback, so get involved and tell us what you think.
- Enjoy the journey - get an inside look at the creative process.
Spartan Games is a UK-based provider of tabletop games. Our mission is to create high quality games and models that offer value for money and are compelling to own. We have a proven track record of releasing great products that are enjoyed the world over. Find out more about our core product ranges:
Dystopian Wars is a game of global warfare using stunningly detailed 1:1200th scale models fighting over land, sea and air.
Dystopian Legions is a fast paced, furious squad based game set in the ravaged world of Dystopian Wars using highly detailed 32mm scale miniatures and vehicles.
Firestorm Armada is an exciting game of space combat using 1:10,000th scale super detailed models set in the rich and expansive Firestorm Galaxy.
Firestorm Planetfall is a fast tactical game of planetary conquest set in the Firestorm Galaxy with a stunning range of true 10mm scale ground combat models.
Founded in 2008, Spartan Games is still a relatively young company with a small and ambitious design team. In the last few years we've brought two unique and imaginative worlds to life with popular games such as Dystopian Wars, Dystopian Legions, Firestorm Armada and Firestorm Planetfall, and this is keeping our core team busy.
We have also launched the exciting Spartan Scenics range of wargaming terrain, and it was during this time we came up with our concept for a truly modular terrain system that was flexible enough to meet the needs of gamers, and also further enhance our existing game systems.
Our team is highly creative and have so many ideas they would like to see come to life, so rather than this innovative idea sliding to the back of our design queue we are looking to funding through Kickstarter to give Spartan Games the opportunity to produce even more of the products our customers ask for at the quality they have come to expect from us.
Find out about the design process, interviews with the team and more by clicking the Update tab at the top of this page. Additionally, be sure to check out the Spartan Games blog, 'Like' us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. You can also join the discussion in the Spartan Games Community and subscribe to our newsletter.
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge this project will face is making it as flexible as possible. We have a fantastic team of product designers and a highly skilled production department. They will bring all their skills to design and manufacture a product range that is not only high quality, but also offers unrivaled versatility. Great design ideas in print and high quality manufacturing in a variety of materials can give you more potential with one set of terrain than you ever thought possible.
Through the years Spartan Games has maintained a reputation in the industry for very high quality models. Indeed, this is the core principle that drives everything we do. As a trusted tabletop games manufacturer, we have the experience to design and produce this terrain on time and at the level of quality gamers have come to expect from Spartan Games.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)