Hello, All. We did it! (Thanks, Miguel from LA, for putting us over the edge).
I am floored and grateful for all the support. I made the timeline to be 50 days because I thought I would need that time to market to reach the goal. Wow.
I appreciate all the direct emails and questions, and I will get back to them shortly. I think I am coming down with the flu, and have two wild daughters (2 and 5) to help put to bed, so I am going to sleep soon after they go down.
1) August was a very conservative date, but I hope to get these dice to everyone ASAP, but will need to rely on the manufacturer and shipping companies, which will be out of my hands. I wanted to under-promise and over-deliver. I will update you every step of the way.
2) Kickstarter only asks for what the additional cost is to ship outside of the US, but doesn't account for the less expensive shipping to Mexico and Canada. I plan to figure out a way to compensate these other North Americans.
3) The dice are to be made out of acrylic, with engraved dots machine painted, and the samples I got were sized 17.5 mm (face to face). The handmade prototypes in the video are larger, which I prefer (the dots will be less crowded), so I am waiting to get the quotes (exact measurements and cost) on the larger sizes, and then let the community vote on size (there will not be an upcharge).
4) In my pledge to be transparent, I plan to continue to summarize, as well as post screen shots of the correspondence I have with the manufacturer.
5) I have heard the demand for more color options. I was assuming that the entire 10,000 production run had to be in one color, but as I think about it, I am not so sure, so I have emailed Julia (at Ningbo).
6) D4 as a D(3X4) (12 sided dice marked 1-4 three times) sounds like a great idea (thanks to those who suggested it), but we will have to make 10,000 units of those (including a new mold) and I am not so sure there will be enough demand to justify the cost. But I will eventually poll the community to gauge interest.
7) Possible stretch goals: dice bags (with logo), dice trays, other colors, other sizes, maybe the D(3x4), other material (I have been inquiring about metal). You guys, Team Doublesix, will help me decide.
That's it for now.
Gratefully and humbly yours,