Dear Team Doublesix,
- The dice have arrived!
- Video below shows cartons, some unboxing, and some set-up.
Here is a quick update, since I need sleep:
- The cargo luckily did not go through a complete CET exam, as feared.
- The dice arrived at my house this morning, while I was at work.
- Mailing addresses will lockdown any moment now, but don't worry, I can make any changes, if needed.
- I will send out some trial packages on Wednesday, including international ones.
- While I wait to make sure they reach their destinations intact (no problems with postage, weight, label, packaging, customs, etc), a bunch of us will start packing basic orders (without labels) throughout the weekend (ie. no add-ons).
- Meanwhile, I will continue to transfer all the info from Backerkit to Shipstation (where I will pay for postage and print out labels).
- Once I finalize a system that efficiently coordinates labels with packing slips with proper postage, we will start packing more complex orders (Random rolls, and those with add-ons).
- I will send out another update this weekend.
- Meanwhile, check out this Kickstarter game campaign by a fellow backer: Cogs in a Machine.
Photo taken by my neighbor.
Photo taken by my wife. That is my daughter, Eden. She is 4.
Video of cartons in driveway, unboxing, and mailing prep.
I opted to not pay over $200 for a POD container to store the dice in for just a day or two before moving them into my house. As you can tell from the video, I have some mild fear that they may get stolen overnight. It is a calculated, and minimal, risk. I hope I don't regret it.
And now, on to the hard part...