Dear Team Doublesix:
1. I am trying to officially wrap this campaign up. Thanks so much for everything. You guys rock (and roll). I posted a thank you video below.
2. I am now planning on ordering Generation Two, and will be curious what color combos folks might want.
3. I have started a podcast to document the current process and plan, posting them online close to real-time. Tell me what you think. (Episode 1: with Erin, my wife; and Episode 2: with Imran, my friend).
4. I still plan to tie up loose ends, like posting the bulk backer map, sharing final finances, maybe sending out a survey, etc.
5. Some rewards may still not have gotten to backers, and some requests continue to trickle in. Some packages didn't make it, and some got sent back to me. Please email me at email@example.com if you haven't received your dice.
7. There will be more email updates via this Kickstarter channel. So this will be your final Doublesix Dice Kickstarter update/email only if you unsubscribe (I give details on how below).
1. Thank you video:
2. Generation Two: Most of the colors of Generation One Doublesix Dice have sold out, and the rest will soon. So it is time to figure out Gen Two and order them. I will be curious what styles (marble, flat, other) and color combos folks might want. I don't plan on including any more Triplefours with Gen Two since I still have a lot of T4 Gen Ones in stock.
I will not be doing a Kickstarter for Gen Two. However, updates will still be posted here, and I imagine most of the conversation might happen on this Kickstarter page for the time being.
3. Podcast: In the spirit of accountability, engagement, team-building, and transparency, just last week I started a podcast documenting the Doublesix Dice ongoing story. The podcast will be unedited and almost-live (ie. I hope to upload within 24 hrs of recording them). My hope is that listeners will engage us with comments, leading to more discussion and community.
- Episode One: recorded with Erin, my wife, on our commute home last Thursday. She brings an insider's view of me and the process and the company.
- Episode Two: recorded with Imran, my friend, in my office this past Monday. This includes discussion of, and replying to, the Facebook page comments regarding Episode One (where I previewed the podcast). Imran provides a more fresh and curious view regarding Doublesix.
The plan is to continue this rough format (1-2 podcasts weekly), until one/all of us gets too bored, busy, or stressed to continue, or no one listens anymore. I hope to start posting show notes for those not inclined or able to listen, but for Episodes 1 and 2, the most important points have been included in this update.
At the moment, the episodes can only be found via the links above (and you can follow us on Clyp.it). Eventually, I will figure out how to get them on Itunes and such.
4. Loose Ends:
- Bulk Backer Map: since I promised this one with the reward tier, I feel obligated to deliver it. The plan is to eventually email Bulk Backers a link to a google map, as well as a video on how to edit it and add their pin and info.
- Survey: I want to poll you backers to figure out what you liked and didn't about this campaign. Your answers will be helpful to other potential Kickstarter campaigners, as well as for myself for my next Kickstarter (Codename: Seeker, not dice-related, arriving 2018).
- Finances: I need to clarify how much I actually made in profit with this Kickstarter. Partly because it is interesting, but mostly because I said I would kickitforward to other Kickstarter Campaigns, so in order to do so, I need to figure out what 5% of my profit actually was. I also want to start playing the Great Game of Business, so knowing my numbers and sharing them is key. Here is a teaser video of my Great Game aspirations:
5. Dice Love:
PlaySmart Dice: A while back, I consulted with my friend Jim Moran around his Kickstarter, Playsmart Dice. He is making good progress with production, and the dice will be available soon. Click on his Follow Along link on the KS page to stay tuned.
Snapdice: World's First Magnetic Dice Rolling Tray
The campaigners are offering a special FREE upgrade to Doublesix Backers. If you signup on their pre-launch email list they'll notify you the minute they go live (this week!) and give you a free upgrade on the wood choice ($30 value!). Learn more and sign up HERE.
6. Unfulfilled rewards: If you recently filled out your survey in the last several months, I have emailed you regarding next steps. If you filled out your survey a long time ago and have yet to receive your reward, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with details. Some packages got lost in the mail, and some have been mailed back to me.
7. Update plan, and How to Unsubscribe:
Since you are all here, and I can reach you easily and freely via Kickstarter, I plan to continue to send out updates regarding next steps and moving towards Generation Two via this channel. I had considered using Mailchimp or something, but it turns out that it can get quite expensive.
For those of you who no longer want updates from me and Doublesix Dice, this is how you unsubscribe (Thanks for all you did, and goodbye):
- Click on your profile avatar in the top right corner.
- Click on "Notifications"
- Scroll down to "Account Notifications" and uncheck DoublesixDice
This particular Kickstarter campaign has officially come to a close. Thanks so much for everything. I hope most of you stay tuned in and join me for the next chapter.
Much love, and rolling on,