Forged is a five issue fantasy comic book series. This campaign is to raise funds to cover the printing and production costs for the 20 page, full colour issue #2 of the series, so that we can quickly get the book in peoples hands and continue our quest. Forged is created by Michael Eckett and Ryan Jenkyns, with colours by David B. Cooper.
Forged is a comic book about figuring out what your role is. Quizzical, young dwarf Peaty doesn't fit in at home and adventures to the big city to try and find his purpose. He joins a guild of struggling heroes as they stumble on a plot by an evil vampire to segregate the city and gain power.
The reaction to our first issue was very positive. Some critics have said:
- "Forged is the fun, silly hero of a comic it wants to be." - Ariana Zink, A Place to Hang Your Cape
- "A fun fantasy story that seems light until you actually pick it up. This is deceptively dense stuff, with more ideas, jokes, characters, world and prettiness than I've seen squeezed into a first issue in some time. A reminder that the opposite of light isn't dark – it's heavy." - Alex Spencer-Dale (CBR, Polygon)
As well as producing digital and physical copies of Forged Issue #2 we have a number of exciting rewards available.
- Anyone who missed out on Forged issue #1 can catch up on the series by requesting either a digital or physical copy.
- Ryan will be producing a Kickstarter exclusive 6" x 9" Forged print.
- We will have a Kickstarter exclusive, limited-edition Forged print from the incredible Jack Lawrence! (Transformers: Lost Light)
- Get an original sketch of a Forged character of your choice from Ryan Jenkyns.
- Dungeons & Dragons NPC character sheets for our guild of heroes from Forged so that you can feature them in your campaign!
- Three people can have their likeness in Forged issue 2! Ryan will draw a fantasy version of you in the pages of the comic.
Michael Eckett is a London based writer and podcaster whose plays have sold out various fringe theatres including The Roundhouse Studio Theatre. Michael is one of the writers and performers of Comic Book Classroom, a podcast which condenses comics history with jokes, sketches and a whole lot of facts.
He takes being silly very seriously.
Ryan Jenkyns is a freelance comic book creator, with roots in animation and illustration. He's also a resident artist and in-house graphic designer at London’s Eisner-winning Orbital Comics! Ryan also frequently shares his fan-art and sketches on social media, and can be followed on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
David B. Cooper is a colourist from Glasgow, Scotland. In addition to colouring books such as Pirate Fun, Alex Automatic and Double D, he has written and self-published comics Face Down In The Mud and Dead Silence.
Note for Retailers: If you would like to stock Forged, please contact us through Kickstarter or email firstname.lastname@example.org. As well as funding issue #2 we currently have a supply of issue #1.
Risks and challenges
The script for issue #2 has been written and the book is currently being drawn by Ryan.
If funded we will aim to have the book ready for late September. We previously had Issue #1 completed with this same timeline last year and are confident in our ability to do so this year.
As well as completing Forged #1, Michael, Ryan and David are all dependable creators. Ryan and David have each completed their own comic book projects and Michael has produced a number of plays.
- (30 days)