Outpost 13 is a point and click adventure strategy game where you, a monster, must escape an icy planet. A tribute to science fiction.
NEW Kickstarter Backer Exclusive!
All Outpost 13 Kickstarter backers will receive the exclusive Dr. Meow Meow Jones alternate character to play as!
There were a lot of requests for a playable cat character, and so here you go!
Outpost 13 is a point-and-click action-adventure strategy game that takes place at an outpost on the planet Achelous IV. You, the player, plays as a dog named "Fen" who comes into contact with an alien biological agent that bonds the dog/player with an alien life form who calls himself "Tantalus." The player's objective is to leave Achelous and make it to the nearest spaceport by inducing enough fear into the stationed crew members that they abandon their 5 year long mission on Achelous and leave early.
- You're the Monster: Player's will take on the role of an alien monster strategically killing off crew members while maintaining their cover as "Fen" the crew's pet dog. Enjoy barking, growling, and biting crew members!
- Stealth, Strategy, and a Fiery Death: Player's will need to form a strategy to separate and alienate crew members by creating distractions, utilizing the ventilation system, and temporarily knocking out the outpost's power. If player's are unable to maintain their cover and stealth, or is discovered as the monster, the crew will respond with flamethrower's and you will be destroyed by fire.
- Character Progression: As player's make progress via objective progression and killing crew members, new abilities and ability improvements for Fen & Tantalus will be unlocked. Some ability improvements include better sabotaging skills, poisoning medical supplies, and creating better distractions.
- Alien Planet Setting: Outpost 13 takes place on Achelous IV, a life viable planet several times larger than earth. Winters and summers last several years each, and it is currently 13 earth months into winter on Achelous.
- A Tribute to Science Fiction Horror: Outpost 13 is a tribute to cult favorite science fiction horror films such as Alien, The Thing, Predator, and the X-Files.
Who am I?
My name is Max Hall and I've been working in the gaming industry since November of 2012. I grew up traveling the world as a military brat, I've always had a passion for creating games and animation. I worked for Oe Fun, Inc. for 9 months completing several mobile games (with Unity) as a CG generalist and technical director before branching out on my own in August 2013. Since then, under the alias "Cantina Games", I've developed "Buffalo Sham! Sham!" (2013) and "Senor Pez" (2014) for iOS using Unity, and I now look forward to working on my first PC/Mac game titled "Outpost 13." I currently live with my parents where I help take care of my special needs sister who suffers from Aspergers syndrome.
What are these funds being used for?
After taxes, Kickstarter fees, and Amazon fees, the funding will be spent on backer reward fulfillment, licensing, startup costs, and sustainability.
*NEW* Official Outpost 13 T-Shirt Reward!
Outpost 13 Has Been Greenlit!!!
Beta & Final Game Distribution
The Outpost 13 beta will be distributed via email featuring a beta access code and link to download the beta. The final game will be delivered in a similar matter. The Outpost 13 Beta is estimated to be released in December.
The system requirements are all subject to change. I need backers and beta testers to help determine the final minimum requirements.
- OS: Windows (XP/Vista/7), MacOS, or Linux
- Processor: 2ghz Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 512 MB
- Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 Support, 256 MB (dedicated card preferred)
- Minimum Resolution: 1280 x 720
Risks and challenges
While Outpost 13 is my 1st Kickstarter project, it'll be my 9th professional project completed, and my 3rd project to be completed as my own independent studio. Backers should rest easy knowing that they're backing someone who completes projects.
Please also note that all listed rewards are created by myself or easily procured by myself, this is because I will not compromise the game and it's funding by over promising you 3d printed figurines or trips to theme parks. I'm a game developer first and foremost, however if the Kickstarter does well enough, I'll likely be adding rewards to the existing current rewards. This is completely dependent on the success of the Kickstarter.
Outpost 13 is already in development, with a current goal of releasing a beta to determine and finalize system requirements this year. With that said, it all depends on how well the Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight campaign goes. If the Kickstarter goal isn't reached, then Outpost 13 may never be made. But don't let that discourage you, spread the word and help an indie dev make a cool game by backing Outpost 13.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)