All ideas start with a spark, a light that dispels darkness… an inception. Our world’s great thoughts, inventions, movements have been built on the foundation of history’s first great thinkers. These people were the revolutionaries that realized that what is, is not always as it seems, and persevered to birth new worlds of thought and knowledge.
The Inception playing cards were created to celebrate the people who were vanguards in their fields. Their ideas laid the bedrock for growing fields of knowledge, discovery and invention.
For Inception my inspiration came from Leonardo DaVinci’s sketches and his obsession with knots. I wanted to create something that looked like it was created 500 years ago and use the knots as a design element that is woven throughout the project.
I think one of my greatest challenges as an artist or as a creator is to continue to find new ways to stretch myself. I am never satisfied with what I have done. I’m always striving to make my skills better.
So, I need your help to bring this project to life and help celebrate those first great thinkers who laid a solid foundation.
In The Standard Reward Tier, you can choose from any of the 3 decks in this series, INTELLECTUS, ILLUSTRATUM, or INCEPTUS. You will be able to specify which deck you would like to pledge for after the funding period through BackerKit's survey. This reward tier does not come with a Numbered Seal or a Signed Signature Card.
- Printed by the Legends Playing Card Co.
- 54 Custom Cards
- Each court, Ace and Joker cards will have original illustrations, capturing the feel of the era.
- Unique Ace of Spades and King of Spades
- Unique Back design
- The Cards will be printed on the Classic Finish, which is the highest quality card stock that Legends has to offer.
- The Tuck box material is still being determined. We are currently resourcing some new silky material.
- The Tuck will feature copper foiling and embossing as a Stretch goal. (Once we pass the stretch goal amount this deck will have embossing.)
In The Deluxe Reward Tier, you can choose from any of the 3 decks in this series, INTELLECTUS, ILLUSTRATUM, or INCEPTUS. You will be able to specify which deck you would like to pledge for after the funding period through BackerKit's survey. This reward tier does not come with a Numbered Seal or a Signed Signature Card.
The Signature Series will include all 3 decks in the series. The pack will be made of the same material as the individual tuck cases and will feature a stunning copper foil design on 5 sides.
- Made by the Legends Playing Card Co.
- The pack will be made of the same material as the individual tuck cases.
- A copper foil design on 5 sides of the case.
- Comes with 3 Signature cards that will be placed in each deck (The signature cards are only for the Signature Series reward tiers and cannot be added on)
- Each deck will be numbered and sealed (This feature is only for the Signature Series reward tiers and can not be added on)
How to add-on to your pledge:
1. Check the campaign section for the reward you wish to pledge for. There is an add-on section for each reward tier that gives you instructions on what you can add-on.
2. After you have pledged to the project there will be a blue Manage your pledge button on the right hand column at the top of the page.
3. Increase your pledge in the Pledge Amount box by the total of the add-ons you want to add.
Unless you want to change your tier at the same time, Do not change the tier you are currently pledged at. If you do change your tier, just add the total of add-ons to your new tier level. (If you are a Canadian or international backer, please be sure to pledge the international amount that I have provided in the add-on section)
4. Check your pledge and then hit the CONFIRM button
UNLOCKED! ($30,000) All Playing Card Decks will have embossing
UNLOCKED! ($35,000) All Standard & Deluxe Card Decks will come with a Deck Seal (Non-numbered)
UNLOCKED! ($40,000) Free Dealer Coins for backers who are in the SIGNATURE SERIES reward tiers
LOCKED! ($45,000) Free SIGNED Inceptus Deck for anyone over $100 in their pledge
- First Look: Inception Playing Cards by Black Ink Playing Cards
- Kickstarter: 7 Questions with Jody Eklund on Inception Playing Cards
Thank you Eddie and Gambler's Warehouse for an amazing job shipping my past Kickstarter projects - INNOVATION & DEVASTATION.
Chad Parker - Advice
Lisa Eklund - My writer, answering comments and Kickstarter emails
Follow me here:
Risks and challenges
As always, there may be unforeseen obstacles that may arise, but in preparation for this project I have surrounded myself with a knowledgeable team of people to minimize any problems.
The delivery date is a conservative date in order to make sure the production of the cards are not rushed. As a experienced creator, I know that it is necessary to have a high-end product and I am committed to delivering the best deck of playing cards.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)