A Guild for Modelers
Guild - /gild/
a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.
Since 2007 the guild has shared how we build our models. Over seven years we have gained many tips and techniques. We think it's time a modern kit manufacturer made a kit that teaches the skills involved in construction rather than just simple kit assembly . A kit that assists in teaching new or inexperienced modelers how to make a contest quality diorama, first try.
What your contribution goes too.
- Full colour, instructional magazine for kickstarters.
- A complete video series available on Youtube. Or DVD.
- Professional packaging, for the collectors amoung us.
What We Need & What You Get
We have a small goal of $5000 to reach. The goal gets us to our first kit release, but what is the money going towards:
- Instructions, the video series will cover all of the kit construction. Video production alone is planned to take 3 months. But not everyone learns in the same way. So we are publishing a full colour magazine to spell out how to build your learning kit. The magazine will be printed in the best materials we can afford, to keep forever. And possibly pass on to the next generation.
- Hiring a graphic designer to produce good looking high quality packaging. To match the product inside.
- Find upto 4 advertisers for in the kit flyers and magazine ads/offers
- This magazine is exclusive to this fundraiser. A collectible if you will.
- If we reach our goal. A stretch goal would be to purchase equipment to provide pre-cut components in the kit.
- If we reach our goal. A Stretch goal would be to add scale plans to the kit.
What you are supporting:
- Once we release the Videos and start shipping kits, we will open up the Youtube series to the public. To spread these skills to people who can't afford or don't want to buy the kit. Our goal is to support the community.
- Our large facebook group has helped numerous modelers, without pretention. Our group is administrated by Ron Pare, Lex Parker MMR and Bob Boudreau, each bring their own skills, and are more importantly, down to earth model railroaders.
- This kit is suitable for the NMRA Master Model Railroader achievement program (AP) structure section, bridge component
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean you can't help:
- You can share this link on your facebook profile or youtube video.
- Contact us for printed cards so you can help to promote us at a model railroading event.
Thank you for reading!
Risks and challenges
If it was easy to make a game changing kit, we would have no need to get any help. So we are leveraging our contacts to reach our goals on quality. Taking steps to assure success is important to us.
We have reached out to our friends at a Magazine, for assistance with the publication and possibly also box art. Creating a magazine is going to be much easier with their help.
Ron has been consulting with his friends about filling in the blanks. Some friends include Bob Boudreau, Lex Parker MMR, Richard Bendever, Chester Feshmire, Edward Traxler. We also have to thank Bruce Wilson for his plans that appeared midway into the kit design. Their reference was re-assuring.
Finally, three pilot models are being made. Two are completed, the last two are being used for the instructional series. They look much different than Pilot #1
- (60 days)