It's not over! Until 24th July you can still get the £15 pledge level (with all the stretch goals and free courses) at The Complete Android Developer Course.
The Complete Android M Developer Course: Novice to expert app developer—in six weeks.
Last month Google announced, Android M—it’s best, most polished and easy to control mobile platform to date…
Be the first to become an expert Android M app developer, and start building smarter, slicker Android apps, like Uber and Snapchat clones—in just six weeks.
Expect more meticulously crafted tactics from the creator of the Complete Web Developer Course… the world’s best-selling online coding course.
After hitting our funding goal in 90 minutes, I've added the following stretch goals:
£10,000 - Extra Clone App (Tinder? Snapchat? Twitter?), as voted for by backers (REACHED)
£20,000 - Second Clone App, also voted for by backers (REACHED)
£30,000 - Free course for all £15 and above backers (choose any of my courses) (REACHED)
£50,000 - Second free course for all £15 and above backers!! (REACHED)
£65,000 - Extra section covering Bluetooth connectivity, version control with git, in app purchases and integrating ads using AdMob (REACHED)
£80K - Android Wear Mini Course!
Here’s what I want to build
Hi, I’m Rob and I want to create an online, easy-to-absorb course that will quickly—and more importantly, comprehensively—teach anyone, (from novice to experienced coder) how to create Android M apps.
Using Java and Android Studio, the course will teach you how to build real, marketable apps like Uber and Snapchat clones.
Just like my Complete Web Developer course, which has successfully taught over 111,000 students how to code, this course will be project based.
This means you build your own apps as you learn. THE most powerful way to lock down the course information.
- You’ll start by downloading Android Studio and building a simple Currency Converter app.
- Next you’ll build a Brain Training app and a Favourite Places app, before working your way up to Uber and Instagram clones—using Parse.
- You’ll get a full guide on submitting your apps to Google Play, as well as walk-through on how to effectively market your apps—and generate revenue with Google Ads.
- You’ll learn all the latest Android M features, including App Permissions and Android Pay.
The full price of the course on release will be $199.
"Professional, clear and well-structured, this course is, definitely the COMPLETE web developers course. I’m amazed by the high quality and value of the bonuses, from the eBook to the free unlimited hosting package. All top notch quality. The instructor is a great teacher and communicator. He monitors my progress and just when I thought nobody cared… he sent me a timely message."
How is this course different to others?
- You’ll get full lifetime access (including video downloads and updates) for a single and surprisingly affordable one-off fee.
- From the creator of three of the most popular online courses, between them successfully teaching over 200,000 students and generating 8,000 5* reviews.
- You’ll get direct support from Rob in the course forums.
- Project-based learning, means building real apps as you go and ZERO dry programming concepts
- You'll get £300 of exclusive app templates, icons and backgrounds, and a year's free web hosting on Eco Web Hosting's Advanced Package, worth £119.
Why learn to make Android apps?
- Android is by far the biggest mobile platform in the world, with around 80% market share and over 1 billion devices sold in 2014 alone.
- Not only that, but you can develop for Android on a Windows, Mac or Linux computer.
- Java is a great language to learn, allowing you to make apps for PC, Mac and the web, as well as Android.
- Android app discovery is far superior to the App Store, meaning that your app has a much better chance of making it big.
- Ad-based revenue is more common on Android than on iOS, and easy to set up with Google Ads.
"I love the combination of 'do it yourself if you can' while 'i'll be here after you try'. The videos are not long or exhaustive, but informative and easy to return to. Also, love the fact Rob keeps updating them. It’s great to know he keeps updating with Apple (as tough as it must be on him) and protects my investment."
Who is this for?
- Anyone who wants to be an app developer: This will be a full course, just like my Complete Web, iOS and Apple Watch courses. It will teach you how to make money from your apps as well as how to code.
- Anyone who wants to understand how computers work: Learning to code is so much more than being able to make apps - knowing how computers work is your key to a hugely powerful world.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code: Java is a fantastic language to learn how to code with. It's Object Oriented, widely used and there is a huge amount of online documentation.
What will the course cover?
The course will last at least 25 hours, and will contain the following sections/topics (each section will include at least one, probably two, complete apps)
Section 1 - Introduction
Section 2 - Installing Android Studio on a PC/Mac, overview of Android Studio, and making your first app (a currency converter)
Section 3 - Introduction to Java
Section 4 - Images, Music And Video
Section 5 - APIs and Live Content
Section 6 - Navigation and Maps
Section 7 - Permanent Storage
Section 8 - Instagram Clone
Section 9 - Uber Clone
Section 10 - Flappy Bird Clone
Section 11 - Monetising Your App - Google Pay and integrating Ads
Section 12 - Submitting Your App To Google Play
Section 13 - Marketing Your App
Section 14 - Where do you go from here?
"I have enrolled on all three of Rob's courses simply because all his courses are explained very clearly by him and they cover everything in great detail. What's more, they are thoroughly enjoyable."
Why is Android M the hottest thing since the Naga Viper?
Android M (code name) for the latest mobile platform from Google, where thousands of bugs have been squashed and a new layer of polish and unprecedented quality has been applied.
Android M is giving users greater control of the information apps can access, a truly exciting step forward for Android.
And an even more exciting time for budding app developers.
The Complete Android M Developer Course aims to get students creating apps way ahead of the pack!
Will this course be for you?
If you’re looking to change career, earn a bit of extra cash on the side, or simply to make your mark on the world; The Complete Android M Developer Course aims to get you there—in just six weeks, (or at your own pace).
- Ultraprecise, easy to absorb tactics
- Nifty tips and tricks to put to use immediately
- Logical learning you can do at your own pace
- Easy to understand language, crystal clear definition
- Carefully crafted, tried-and-tested learning strategies
Who am I?
I’m Rob. I run three of the most successful online coding courses in existence, and am excited about adding Android to the list.
I have a degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University, and am a web and app developer based in Cambridge, UK. I was also a secondary school teacher for 10 years.
In the last few months, I’ve exhaustively interrogated the Android coding platform — and now I want to share its benefits with the world.
My aim is to make it easy for anyone to go from novice to expert Android app developer in as short a time as possible.
Using clear, compelling language and thoroughly-proven learning techniques, I hope to get as many people happily and successfully coding as possible. Why? Because there’s nothing better than receiving positive feedback from my students…
"I'm only part way through and I can tell right away, it's a winner. I ran into some difficulties and Rob responded instantly. I've been a Udemy member for quite some time now and a true measure of a course's worth, is the time it takes for the instructor to get back to you. The course is very thorough and superbly laid out. I literally can't wait to complete it now! Thanks, Rob."
Get a discount on my other courses
I want to offer the same quality of course to potential Android developers. If you want to try out my other courses, here's a $49 discount code for them:
Why am I doing a Kickstarter?
I love the Kickstarter community, and my previous Kickstarters have massively exceeded my expectations, and brought new students and partners on board. I'm also extremely keen to get beta testers on board (which is why beta access is cheaper than last time round) to make the course the absolute best it can be.
Risks and challenges
As before, there are relatively few risks here. I will not be spending your money up front, so in the very unlikely circumstances that I am unable to complete the course, I will refund everyone.
I also promise to refund anyone their pledge if they do not think the course is fully awesome (for the record, no-one has claimed this guarantee yet!).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)