Missed the Kickstarter? Pre-order The Complete iOS Developer Course for £29 at www.iosdevelopercourse.com/kickstarter.
Learn how to code making real apps using Swift and XCode - no Mac required!
What I want to build:
I want to create a full course to teach a novice (or indeed an experienced coder!) how to create iOS apps using Swift. The course will be entirely project based, so the user will start by building Hello World, go on to build a To Do List app and RSS app, and work their way up to Instagram and Snapchat clones using Parse. I will include a full guide on running OSX within Windows by virtualisation, as well as submitting your apps to the app store and marketing your apps.
The full price of the course will be $199 - the same as for the web development course.
UPDATE - STRETCH GOALS
£18,000 - ALL £15+ pledges will get my ($199) Complete Web Developer Course for FREE!! [Passed!! So the £15 Pledge now gets you both the iOS course and the Complete Web Developer course for free!]
£22,500 - Tinder Clone. Video guide on making a fully functional Tinder app.
£25,000 - Side-scrolling game production guide (likely Flappy Bird, but £60 pledges will be able to vote on the game!)
How is this course different to others?
- Students will get full lifetime access (including video downloads) for a single one-off fee
- The tutor is a qualified and experienced teacher, so is able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way
- The tutor has already produced a highly successful, popular and highly rated course in web development
- The course is project-based, so students will not just be learning dry programming concepts, but applying them immediately to make real apps
Who is this for?
- Anyone who wants to learn to code: Swift is a fantastic language to learn how to code with, and it enables you to make production-quality apps for the App Store using only free software.
- Anyone who wants to be an app developer: This will be a full course, just like my Complete Web Developer Course. It will teach you how to make money from your apps as well as how to code.
- Anyone who wants to understand how computers work: Learning to code is so much more than being able to make apps - knowing how computers work is the key to a hugely powerful world.
Who am I?
Hi! I’m Rob. I have a degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University, and am a web and app developer based in Cambridge, UK. I was also a secondary school teacher for 10 years.
I’m passionate about teaching kids to code, so every summer I run Code School in the beautiful city of Cambridge. I also run the popular web hosting and design service, Eco Web Hosting which leaves me free to share my secrets with people like you.
I run the highly successful Complete Web Developer Course. In just 3 weeks, it has had nearly 3000 signups and almost 150 5* reviews. Here's one example review:
"I'm only part way through this course and I can tell right away that it's a winner. I ran into some difficulty and asked Rob for help and he responded in literally, no time flat. I've been a Udemy member for quite sometime now and a true measure of a course's worth, is by it's the time it takes for the Instructor to get back to you. Its very thorough and superbly laid out. I literally can't wait to complete it now! Thanks, Rob."
I want to offer the same quality of course to potential iOS developers. If you want to try out the web developer course here's a $49 discount code:
Why am I doing a Kickstarter?
I launched the web developer course with no advance following or marketing plan. I'm thrilled with how it turned out, but I'd love to get more people involved in advance this time round. I want to work with developers and others to make a superb course and feature as many of them in it as possible (thus the higher pledges). I'd also really appreciate feedback from anyone on what they think should or shouldn't be in the course.
I'm going to be working on this course over the summer, for release in September, in time for the new iPhone and the full release of iOS 8.
Risks and challenges
There are relatively few risks here. I will not be spending your money up front, so in the very unlikely circumstances that I am unable to complete the course, I will refund everyone.
I also promise to refund anyone the $25 pledge if they do not think the course is fully awesome.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)