This project is about vanishing histories and my attempt to capture them. I have been traveling and photographing places listed on the National Trust for Historic Preservation's 11 Most Endangered list. This has been an ongoing project for the past 6 years. I want to use the money raised to photograph more sites and re-photograph some that have been saved and redone. I really believe that these places should be/should have been saved. This project is my way of calling attention to the matter and hopefully making more people aware of these possible losses of history. I will be making a book of this project when I amass enough images.
This money would allow me to photograph more sites and to scan and finish these images. I want to re-photograph Angel Island Immigration Station in San Francisco and the US Marine Hospital in Louisville, KY, and the Hotel Florence in the Pullman district in Chicago. I would also photograph new places in those areas, and a few new places that are listed on the newest and past 11 Most endangered lists. Along with the places above, I'm hoping to be able to go to:
- John Coltrane's House in NY
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin
- Deadwood Historic District
- Historic Route 66 Motels
- The Statler Hilton Hotel
- Ennis House
With your support I could gain access to, and photograph all of these places along with these, I will be able to photograph those on the endangered lists in the same area.
Please support this project and help my book become a reality!
The rewards for this project are:
- Poster: Doctor's Quarters, US Marine Hospital
- 4x4: New, Old Porch, US Marine Hospital
- 5x5: Blood Pressure and Weight, Ernest Hemingway's Bathroom
- 8x8: Statler Hotel, Detroit MI
- 11x11: Examining Room, US Marine Hospital
- 14x14: Quarantine Hospital, Angel Island Immigration Station
- 15x15 diptych: Ernest Hemingway's Tower Room and Hangout Room
Set of 12 10x10: All of the images above, plus:
Thanks for your interest and support for my project!
- (60 days)