Pinn | All-In-One Earbud, Mic & OLED Display For Smartphones
Pinn is the first device to combine key features of your smartphone into a wearable Bluetooth clip with earbud/mic and OLED display.
With Pinn, you'll never have to fumble for your phone while driving, biking, or on the go. Just clip Pinn on to your shirt or bag and your calls and texts are at your fingertips.
ANSWER CALLS AND RESPOND TO TEXTS WITHOUT EVER PICKING UP YOUR PHONE.
Answering a call has never been easier - simply remove Pinn's earbud and you're instantly connected to your caller. Unlike ordinary headsets, you can also read text messages from Pinn's OLED screen and respond using voice activation.
PINN'S MOBILE-FRIENDLY FEATURES
Pinn works on any Bluetooth-enabled iOS or Android device, handles all voice communications on any platform and can be activated with voice commands. Pinn even enables you to listen to your music by using the included earbud or your favorite headphones!
- Works with Any Platform, Device, Voice Service or App: Pinn works on Bluetooth-enabled, iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. It handles all voice communications: your mobile service, plus Web-based and app-based tools like Facetime, Skype, WhatsApp and more.
- Designed to Go Anywhere: Pinn clips to virtually anything, so it can go where you go. You can attach it to your clothing or place it discreetly where only you can see it.
- Activate Voice Commands: Use Pinn as a remote microphone to activate voice commands for personal assistants like Siri and Google Now. You can even use voice commands to dial out or reply to text messages.
- Multiple Listening Options: Listen and talk using the Pinn earbud or Clip speakerphone.
- Enjoy Your Music: Wirelessly control and listen to your favorite music streamed from your mobile phone. Even plug in your Bose™ or Beats™ headsets to the Pinn’s 3.5mm audio jack.
- Take a Selfie: Use Pinn as a camera remote to take individual or group selfies.
- Charge on the Go: Charge Pinn with a standard Micro USB cable. You can also dock the Pinn Earbud on the Pinn Clip to charge it while traveling.
- Never Lose It: Easily find a misplaced Pinn using the free Pinn app. Pinn also alerts you when you leave your phone behind (iOS only).
- Free Pinn App: Pinn app lets you customize Pinn to suit your preferences, such as changing alert sound, and notification options. Plus the app will automatically update your Pinn firmware with new features.
Both the Pinn Clip and Pinn Earbud contain a Bluetooth chip that enables you to access the world's first three-way communication Bluetooth device. Three-way communication is what makes Pinn unique and it allows both the Earbud and the Clip to function as one device.
Pinn also allows you to change seamlessly from earbuds to conference call mode by simply docking/undocking the earbud to the Pinn Clip. You can even do this right in the middle of a call! When you receive an incoming call, the phone will ring through the Pinn's clip speaker and caller ID will be shown via the OLED display on the clip. Answer the call automatically by removing the earbud from the Pinn Clip, or by simply clicking the button on the Earbud or Clip to accept the call.
Use Siri or Google Now by pressing and holding the select button on the Pinn Clip. If your Pinn is synced with your smartphone, you can dial a contact through your phone while having the option to talk using Pinn.
Pinn also gives music lovers the option to listen to your music through Pinn Earbud or speaker on the Pinn Clip. You can also simplify your music experience by plugging in your favorite headset to Pinn, eliminating the hassle of carrying your phone in your hand or pocket.
Selfie-lovers rejoice- you can use Pinn’s remote control capability to take pictures without the hassle of clicking the button on your smartphone. Select the Selfie Mode from the Main Menu and turn your Pinn into the ultimate selfie clicker.
The app can control settings such as notifications on/off, caller ID on/off, and sound alerts. If you have misplaced your Pinn, simply press the “Find my Pinn” button in the app, and your Pinn will make an alert sound and the LED light will blink if Pinn is within Bluetooth communication range.
Maintaining Pinn is easy. You can charge the earbud by connecting it to the Pinn Clip. Clip is charged using micro USB cable and the Earbud is always being charged as long as its docked to the Pinn Clip. Pinn Earbud can last up to 120 minutes (continuous call) and the Pinn Clip can charge the Earbud up to 3 times. Pinn has a standby time of up to 38 hours and will need to be charged everyday during normal usage.
PINN TECHNICAL SPECS
Directional Characteristic: Omni-directional
Frequency Range: 100Hz ~ KHz
Output Impedance: 450Ω @ 1kHz
Impedance: 16 Ω at 1KHz
Frequency Range: 20-20,000 Hz
Output Sound: 105 dB SPL +- 2dB
Speaker Impedance (DC): Receiver : 16Ohm
Loud Speaker: 8Ohm(700mW)
Bandwidth: 20 hz~20khz
APT-X: High-quality Bluetooth sound audio codec (CD quality)
CVC: Clear voice capture and noise reduction
Dimensions: 22.5mm x 21.8 x 27.4mm (0.88" x 0.85" x 1.08"
Weight: 4.59 g
Battery: 25 mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer
Charging Time: 60 min
Wireless: BT Classic
Wireless Range: 30 feet/ 10 meters
Dimensions: 21.69mm x 71.59mm x 15.47mm (0.85"x2.81"x0.6")
Battery: 80 mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Polymer
Charging Time: 60 min
Wireless: BLE 4.0
Charged Capsule Support: Clip docking charges
Charging Type: Standard Micro USB Connection
iOS 7.0 or above from iTunes App Store
Android 5.0.0 or above from Google Play Store
Earbuds: PC Plastic
Ear-pads: Silicone Charging
Unit: Aluminum, PC Plastic, Urethane, Silicone
English, Spanish, Japanese, German, Italian, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Greek, Polish, Hungarian, Turkish, Finnish, Czech, Slovenian, Slovak, Swedish, Romanian, Danish, Norwegian, Bosnian, Irish, Latin, Albanian, Croatian, Malaysian, Indonesian
THE STORY BEHIND PINN
The inspiration for Pinn was a simple problem we all recognize: Sean Kim, as an international business traveler, often realized his smartphone was buried at the bottom of his bag when someone called. By the time he answered, the call was lost.
Sean watched how others dealt with their mobile phones: a woman who struggled first to find her phone ringing inside her purse, THEN trying to find the Bluetooth headset to take the call. The executive who wore a Bluetooth headset that clashed with the sharp suit he was wearing. Sean witnessed many more people everyday, struggling with smartphones on-the-go and one day he finally decided to do something about it.
Bluetooth headsets only worked for hands-free talking and could easily be lost in your bag. If you wanted to check Caller ID or texts, you had to look at your smartphone.
Smart watches had the opposite problem: you could see Caller ID and texts, but they were not made to take calls.
Sean was inspired to develop a hybrid smartphone peripheral device that could prioritize important design features:
- Functionality in a small package
- Easy access to a small Bluetooth earpiece
- The ability to clip in place exactly where you wanted it
THE PINN TEAM
Pinn is a U.S.-South Korean joint venture of business startup specialists and development, design, engineering teams with a solid track record of experience in hardware and design projects for the consumer – notably in phone-related products. Pinn visionary and founder Sean Kim has more than a decade of working with startups to bring creative consumer product concepts successfully to the market.
Pinn’s development team is a group of seasoned veterans who have worked with the world’s most sophisticated electronic companies, including Samsung and LG. The team’s achievements include developing the first CDMA phone and PCS phone for LG, developing the smartphone and smart TV for Samsung and KT Tech, developing MP3 functionality for LG, and developing Bluetooth, LTE modem and WiFi devices for Hyundai Electronics and Intercube. Speck Design, Pinn’s product design team, is a highly respected, 20-year, Silicon Valley area firm known for designing easy-to-use consumer and industrial products.
Shipping is FREE within the United States and $25 for international shipping for any number of devices. For international shipping, please note that you may be responsible for duties, fees and taxes applicable to your region.
Pinn, Inc. has developed its first generation prototype of a Bluetooth enabled combination clip, earbud and mic. It combines the functionality of a smartphone without the hassle of having to dig through your possessions to perform your phone's most essential functions. With this Kickstarter campaign our objective is to take Pinn from prototype to volume manufacturing and to distribute Pinn to the diverse market of smartphone users.
Risks and challenges
Pinn is a different product than any other Bluetooth product on the market currently. It gives the user more functionality, such as being able to check Caller ID or a text message, without having to grab your smartphone. We are confident of the design, functionality and market need for a product to reduce common frustrations of smartphones, but we are also mindful that the consumer electronics business sector is a tough market with heavy competition.
One of the common mistakes we have seen in our experience working with entrepreneurial companies is that a lot of companies drop the price of their product just to sell through and in the end, the company disappears. Sometimes consumers are not able to inquire about the product because the company no longer exists. We have structured our pricing to avoid this common mistake because we want to stay around for the long haul and continue to serve the best products and services.
To further minimize the risks of entering this competitive market space, we have:
• Developed and are continuing to further develop our patent portfolio to create barriers of entry for the competition
• Controlled the plan for distribution to closely manage the inventory and MAP price
• Nurtured long term relationships with component suppliers to ensure availability of supply
• Planned out multiple manufacturing facilities to be able to support increased demand
• Already planned for second and third generation products and are preparing patent applications for these products.
- (45 days)