About this project
Great Food Starts Fresh is a 350-page cookbook featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients—with over 100 delicious recipes and photos.
Five years in the making, this cookbook is my dream come true. After working in farmers markets and restaurants for over a decade and cooking on Television, I have put my heart and soul into carefully designing each recipe in this book so that you can cook delicious, fresh meals for yourself, your friends, and your family.
Thank you for helping me make this a reality; I am so excited to share this book with you.
I have worked closely with a graphic designer and typographer from The Art Center in Los Angeles to create a visually stimulating, simple, elegant, user-friendly cookbook. Great Food Starts Fresh lays flat when opened (to any page) so you can easily work with each recipe as you cook. I also selected a specific paper for the book that you can write on with pen or pencil so you can make your own personal notes as you cook, just like grandma. Old school.
Help Me Press the Giant Green Button - PRINT:
All of the recipes have been developed and tested, all of the photography completed. Half of the paper has been purchased. Now, the ONLY thing left is the money for the rest of the paper to print this beauty—just in time for Thanksgiving. I'm so close, I can taste it...
Great Food Starts Fresh Includes:
- over 100 recipes broken down into seasons so that you can shop locally and cook using the freshest, seasonal food available
- numbered, step-by-step instructions for each recipe allowing you to follow along and complete each step with success
- photographs to accompany the recipes, so you can see what the finished product looks like
- information on how to shop for, choose, and store seasonal produce
- tips on what cooking tools are essential to have in your kitchen in order to make cooking easy
- fun extras - how to make special treats: vanilla sugar, pure vanilla extract, and candied spiced nuts
- stories and quotes accompanying the recipes
A Delicious Sampling of Recipes:
- Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes with Pure Maple Syrup
- Pan Roasted Asparagus with Fried Eggs and Shaved Parmigiano
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
- Spicy Lemon Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts and Feta
- Spiced Roasted Eggplant Tomato Soup with Fresh Goat Cheese
- Ribollita: Hearty Tuscan Vegetable Soup with Spicy Sausage
- Roasted Rosemary Lemon Chicken
- Pan Seared Salmon with Braised Lentils and Dijon Creme Fraiche
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with a Rosemary Dijon Pan Sauce
- Chocolate Pots De Creme
- Molten Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Caramel Sauce
- Lemon Vanilla Ricotta Cheesecake with Ginger Snap Crust
For years, my Mom taught photography and helped me hone my skills. (Thanks, Mom!) I have taken all of the photos in Great Food Starts Fresh and am offering limited edition prints on archival, museum quality paper as part of the pledge incentives. Here's a small sampling.
Support this project
- (41 days)