Welcome to the BREEZY KICKSTARTER campaign!
We promise to update you daily with funny videos, links, photos, announcements and love! Please see the list of rewards and share this with your friends. With your help we can finish the first season of Breezy and get you your swag in a timely fashion!
Special shout-out to Kicking It Forward, an awesome crowdfunding community that has each other's backs, and is lending us their support! 5% of what we profit on the back end (not your donations) will go towards other Kickstarter campaigns of our choice. In short, if you got our back, we got yours! Check them out at http://kickingitforward.org
- For anybody who has a dollar and a dream. Breezy is for you.
- For anybody rolling silverware and memorizing lines. Breezy is for you.
- For anybody trying to prove to their parents they're not just some deadbeat wannabe artist. Breezy is for you.
- For anybody who sleeps in their cars and parks outside their audition building the night before. Breezy is for you.
- For anybody entering the world of, no's.
- For anybody that's had an awful audition.
- For anybody waiting for that big, YES!
- For the script you wrote but never filmed.
- We hope we inspire you, or you at least laugh.
Breezy is for you with the hopes of your dreams soon becoming fulfilled. Sometimes funny, sometimes sad, sexy and/or embarrassing, and at times even heart-wrenching, Breezy takes us on the journey of an artist and the everyday obstacles she faces. We all go through similar challenges but in the end we know that the journey is the best part of the dream, even if that does mean getting a pickle thrown in your damn face!
Why did we create BREEZY?
To tell a story, duh. However we really wanted to give a space for our friends to create. Breezy is giving the opportunity to showcase very talented artists and amazing film makers. Yes, Bri Giger is the writer, director, and lead actress in the series HOWEVER she is allowing artists to collaborate with the series. For instance some episodes might be co-written, directed, and even edited by someone not in the permanent crew. BREEZY is one big collaboration, and very proud of it. This may be a great opportunity for some people to put their amazing ideas to work.
Why do we need your help?
We need to buy new things and payback the old ones!
- **LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION**
- Best believe we have the action but now we just need a little help with the lights and camera!
- We have a small budget and a medium size cast and crew to support with love, gas, food and a dollar or two. We need new cameras, lighting, and sound. That means we won't have to keep stealing our friend's cameras, or borrowing their china balls. We can get our own boom and mics to clean up all that dirty background noise.
- Our crew will have better toys available to us when we need them which means our friends and supporters will all be having much more fun.
- Also, food. After long hour set days we need to feed our cast and crew. Yeah we're starving actors but we gotta eat!
Estimated Cost Breakdown [Season 1]
Cast and Crew stipends: $1,000
Gas & Food: $300 + Food stamps ;)
Location, Equipment & Props: $2,000
Money we have put down for the pilot already: $1,000
Reward Materials and Shipping: $500 estimate
Kick starter's payment Take: $250
Risks and challenges
Most of our cast & crew are recent college graduates - some proudly represent the University of Arizona (Beardown!) - and we understand it is hard for someone to trust a recent grad to succeed. This is an amazing opportunity for a lot of us to get our foot in the door. We have all been slaving away at internships or restaurant jobs and we are broke and eager to create.
It is time for us to create something for ourselves and put that diploma to work. Together we have so many amazing stories and ideas, so I guess you could say we'll be challenged to pick which ones.
Our main struggles with the pilot were dealing with the availability of our crew and equipment and access to locations or props.
We know that asking for money is a risk in itself but it's a risk we are willing to take. This story needs to be told and the crew of Breezy will stop at nothing to tell it, and tell it beautifully.
**NOW** ... we already have lots of content! We have lots of possible great locations to shoot at and of course, have an amazing film crew and cast.
This project gives us the opportunity to create something we can be proud of.
We've already produced our first episode by ourselves, with your help we can take the next step on this journey into what will certainly be an amazing, entertaining series! Thank you for partnering with us and we love you too! Twerk.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)