Thank you for visiting! My name is Jenny Woo and I'm the creator of 52 Essential Conversations game. I'm a parent of 3 children and an educational researcher with a focus on developmental cognitive neuroscience.
My entire career has been dedicated to developing big and small human beings: teacher, school administrator, University lecturer, career coach, human capital consultant, HR manager, parent coach and fitness trainer (see my bio for details).
As the founder of Mind Brain Parenting, I coached parents from all walks of life. However, I often hear the same set of questions:
- How do I get my kid to listen to me?!
- How do I stop my child from turning into an entitled brat?
- How do I raise resilient children?
- How do I help my child stay away from bad peer influence?
- How can my child be more self-motivated?
- My child is acting like an arrogant know-it-all...
- This sibling rivalry thing is driving me nuts!
If you've uttered one of these questions, then this game is for you. It is designed to grow with your child from age 5 and up.
52 Essential Conversations is designed to play 10 unique yet simple ways. You can also play it like a regular deck of poker cards. It's designed to flexibly adapt to your everyday parent-child activities.
- Reduce stress and anxiety: learn strategies in self-awareness and mindfulness.
- Improve quality time: connect through storytelling and co-constructed narratives.
- Build academic vocabulary: boost memory retention through socialized guided play.
- Build critical thinking skills: practice media literacy and explore social issues.
- Connect the dots of life: interconnected topics build social confidence and growth mindset.
Game comes with teacher-approved definitions of 52 academic vocabularies. Card topics are aligned to nationally recognized school standards and embeds the latest research in cognitive neuroscience and learning sciences.
Easy-to-understand rules and directions on 10 gameplay modes. Optional Online parent and child social-emotional diagnostics and learning support.
- Social and Emotional Intelligence
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- 21st Century Competency
- Executive Function
- Critical Thinking
Flexible Play Modes:
- Use for a lifetime: 10 unique ways to play. Multiple levels of difficulty designed to grow with your child from age 5-99.
- Single player to multiple players: support self-learning, whole family learning, to classroom learning.
- Multigenerational and multicultural: perfect way to get grandparents involved. Build intergenerational bonding and culture dissemination.
- Step-by-step support: comes with game rules and directions, definition of key vocabularies. Optional online parent and child diagnostics and Family Learning dashboard.
Thank you so much for your support! We've reached our goal within 3 days, doubled in less than one week, and there is still room to grow!
STRETCH GOALS: In the spirit of 52 Essential Conversations, I am hoping to share with you 52 podcast conversations with 52 passionate educators to talk about how they use my game topics to prepare children for life. Each podcast features an educator who will share with you parenting insights and quality resources on a specific topic in my game.
---->> UPDATE! Podcast Stretch Goal MET!!!
Here's a sample of the 52 Podcast Lessons you'll receive with your purchase on Kickstarter!
- Perspective-Taking and how it builds Executive Function skills, featuring Neuroscience researcher
- Asking for Help and how it impacts Mental Health, featuring Director of student experience at Harvard, NYU, Columbia
- Creativity and how it develops "Problem Finders" for 21st century skills, featuring 5-12th grade teacher in project-based learning school
- Power of Conversations on Brain Development
I posted the video on my website. This unprepared experience left me wondering:
With this mission, I dove into the rabbit hole of research in child development, psychology, neuroscience, behavioral science, and management science. I spoke to countless parents, educators, researchers, and professors, and especially those with children. I researched programs that improved children's academic and social success. I also surveyed my fellow successful Harvard peers.
Amazing gems of wisdom and knowledge poured into my research. But I needed to bottle the knowledge into usable bite size essence that is usable, transferable, and applicable.
As parents, we are freakin' busy and stressed out. Like, 99% of the time.
My project was accepted into Harvard Innovation Lab's Venture Incubation Program, an intensive 12-week design thinking madness. I knew exactly what I want to solve and what impact I want to have. However, even after countless iterations of the how, I was still dissatisfied. I wanted to design something that truly honors what parents need and can realistically do.
And I realized, it's often at the most random times--driving to school, playing a board game--when kids reveal information that you would normally have a hard time prying out of them when asked face-to-face. But the truth is that these magical times don't have to be so rare and unpredictable.
We struggle to get information out of our children. But, when do we ever reveal personal information to our children? The majority of grown parents I've spoken to have little knowledge of the identities of their moms and dads. I included.
Your support will help me to:
- Finalize and produce 52 Essential Conversations.
- R&D of parent and children's social-emotional diagnostic tools.
- Design end user's and facilitator's training materials.
Thank You for your interest and pledge!! Please share with friends and network to help us make this project come alive! I welcome your feedback and suggestions!
You can learn more about Mind Brain Parenting at www.mindbrainparenting.org
Risks and challenges
Mind Brain Parenting is lucky to have an Advisory Council consists of industry entrepreneurs, educators, and academic researchers to turn to for really hard questions.
52 Essential Conversations is 75% finalized. Currently, we are continuing our rigorous and iterative process of prototype review with parents, educators and researchers to ensure product quality. Our vendor has already demonstrated a reliable track record in quality and production turnaround.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)