SKETCH TALES: Play & Draw RPG Sandbox (Canceled)
SKETCH TALES: Play & Draw RPG Sandbox (Canceled)
First-person action RPG sandbox, where you can transform the game by drawing anything while playing. For PC, Mac & Linux
First-person action RPG sandbox, where you can transform the game by drawing anything while playing. For PC, Mac & Linux Read more
About this project
We cancel our campaign (details and new screenshots - in our last update), but we are more than ever want to make Sketch Tales happen. The development continues. We are searching for alternative ways to finance it. Thank you for your support and stay in touch with us: YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | VK | Steam Greenlight | Flickr | Indie DB | Official Web Page
PRESS ON SKETCH TALES
The low-rent art is an intentional style, meant to mimic high school notebook scribbling, but the final outcome is whatever you’d like it to be. – Hardcore Gamer
The Kickstarter gaming scene is getting more crowded every day, but Sketch Tales' drawing mechanic, promise of being able to "invent new gameplay solutions on the fly," and relatively low $50,000 goal might just be enough for it to stand out and succeed. – Escapist
Sketch Tales is a sandbox RPG where doodling is a superpower. – PCGamesN
The Imagination is Mightier than the Sword. – IGM
A classic roguelike experience in a sandbox world, involving your imagination and creativity in the process. – GamersHell
Totally outstaning game – PlayUA
Promising and unique project – Шпиль!
Draw yourself a game – Kitchen Riots
An incredible example of sacrifice for the labor of love – Gamer Info
That’s what Minecraft could never dream of – Cyber-game.tv
An interesting, creative, and most importantly replayabile adventure in the painted world – Coop-Land
Once upon a time in a slapdashedly drafted world all the colors were stolen. Get them back and save the world... or don't. So begins your journey full of mysteries, humor and moments of horror.
ACTION / RPG SANDBOX
Take Note: the following features and rules are common for both singleplayer and multiplayer modes.
- Playing the character you draw - you will take a journey into the open world of countless cities and many different creatures.
- Freedom of choice - be a hero, a wanderer, a creator, a slaughterer or someone else.
- Action - fight numerous enemy types using numerous weapons and battle magic, chase and escape, avoid deadly traps and magic anomalies.
- RPG elements - dialogue system, trading and quests.
Sandbox - generated world: dungeons, castles, isles, cities, continents and other worlds. Explore, conquer and transform this realm, create new worlds and new presets for generation.
- Non-linear storyline - everything you create in game makes sense and influences the world with plots having multiple storylines.
- Life simulation - NPC AI - creatures act like living beings. They travel the world, collect items, create new objects, construct buildings, reproduce and confront others.
- World-simulation - day and night cycle, weather effects, landscape changes under the influence of natural disasters and magic, buildings deteriorate.
- Multiplayer - invite your friends to the world you just created. Explore together or fight against each other. Anything you will find or create in multiplayer, will be accessible in singleplayer and vice versa.
- Gameplay level - anything you meet in the game world you can redraw or duplicate. For instance, different kinds of weapons, animals and NPCs, parts of buildings and elements of nature.
- Exploration level - search the world to find new tools and Sketches – scrolls, that allow you to draw new types of objects and creatures.
- Educational level - while playing Sketch Tales, you will improve your real-life drawing skills. Evolve from simple black & white drafts to complete paintings in full color.
- Technical level - easy and accessible ingame drawing editor with the opportunity to make almost unlimited frames for animation.
REALISTIC PHYSICAL EFFECTS
- Blocks you draw fall and break.
- Wind blows clouds and smoke away.
- Gravity counts: tossing and crushing creatures and objects.
- Break the laws of physics with magic: walk on walls, fly and so on.
Play with your friends in the same game session no matter what device you use.
You have a friend, relative or guest playing the game on PC or MAC? Get your tablet out and join their World in multiplayer!
Еxchange your creations with other players - saving and sharing of drawings, worlds and locations goes through our server. Draw your world and give other players access to it
- Mod support - create new gameplay features, modes, instruments and more.
$5 [Sketch Pack]
You will receive a set of digital hi-rez wallpapers ready for printing..
$10 [Draft Pack]
[Sketch Pack] + digital version of the official game soundtrack.
$20 [Artist Pack]
$25 [Wet Paint Pack]
$30 [Artist Bundle]
$35 [Wet Paint Bundle]
$40 [No Paint – No Gain Pack]
$50 [Must Dye Pack]
$60 [No Paint – No Gain Bundle]
$80 [Must Dye Bundle]
$100 [Must Dye Super Bundle]
$250 [Vyshyvanka Set]
$500 [Flying Fortress Set]
$1000 [Platoon Set]
$2500 [Ink-Redible Set]
$5000 [Art Icon Set]
$10000 [Patron of Arts Set]
You will define how your Sketch Tales adventure will look, but how it will sound? We invited several great music bands to complement our immersive game atmosphere. Tape Flakes and its front man Alexander Filonenko are working on the catchy surrealistic ambient melodies. The Gentle Moustaches help us to add some mix of 8Bits and hard guitar riffs to our sandbox, while Soncesvit will emphasize some moments with industrial sounds. Sketch Tales OST will be replete with high quality music and is available in almost all our rewards. Regardless of you support us or not – feel free to download and enjoy the tracks bellow.
Alex says: I’ve worked with multiple investors and producers enough to know their influence restricts the creative freedom and can alter the project so much, that the final game is but a shadow of the original idea. I didn’t want this to happen to Sketch Tales, the project that I’ve dreamt of creating for almost 10 years now. This is where my decision to fund the project independently comes from. However not even selling my apartment (which I did), let alone my personal savings, wouldn’t be enough to bring a project as ambitious as Sketch Tales to life. Nonetheless, I made this step to bring you my vision of Sketch Tales, to show you at least a piece of what this project can be. And in order to finish it, I need your help, dear backers.
Remember, how you were bored in a classroom or in a work meeting, and started drawing a hero or a monster right in your notebook or on the margins of your business reports? The drawing was inanimate, but we dreamed about bringing it to life, and not just with our imagination. A well-known Ukrainian developer Alex Sytianov shared this dream and started looking for the ways to make it a reality 8 years ago.
We are 8D Studio – a small team of indie developers based in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. If you take our logo as a smiley and expect flippancy from our games – you are only a 1/8th right. We want to create immersive, quality multidimensional games, which involve different emotions, provide unforgettable experiences and always have something new to discover. Having our completed vision on Sketch Tales, we don’t want our game crippled by investors and marketing schedules, and that’s why we stay away from AAA companies. We believe we can find like-minded people here. So let us get to know each other a bit better.
Risks and challenges
We’ve been working on Sketch Tales for almost half a year now and surely will see it to the end. The risks are minimal. A slight delay of the release is possible due to the challenge of developing some of the planned features that need extra work and polishing. Therefore, we are grateful for the help of all of our backers and will be gladly listen to your feedback and advice.
Certain bugs and difficulties are expected during the testing phases of development, but we will be tackling them one by one and are glad for the help our backers can provide in this endeavor.
Some delays are possible in delivering the physical rewards to the backers who chose them, however we will pursue the solution to this potential problem persistently.
Overall, we have absolutely no doubt that the game will turn out as good as we promised, if not better, provided the project gets fully funded.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (59 days)