After years of research and planning, Aurora is excited to announce that we are moving to a new home located in the Rice/Kirby area on June 1st, specifically the former artist studio on Bartlett Street where we have housed Extremely Shorts Film Festival for the past few years. This new space will accommodate our needs for interior (air-conditioned) screenings, youth education programs, the video library, as well as our offices. But we need your help to make this possible- and we need it before we host our first screening event!
There are equipment and furnishing needs to make the space comfortable and functional for you, the audience, and for our young filmmaker students. For instance we will need new chairs, education equipment, and supplies (such as blackout curtains) to optimize the screening experience and create education stations for our youth programs. Please support the new Aurora Picture Show Media Arts Center by contributing to our Kickstarter campaign, and you will get exclusive benefits from shot glasses to a private party invitations. The first event scheduled is our annual Extremely Shorts Film Festival from June 29-30, which will showcase films three minutes or less from around the world. Make a contribution today and ensure that the Extremely Shorts Film Festival and Aurora Picture Show have a home this Summer.
Please pledge now! By supporting this Kickstarter campaign, you will be:
- Adding to the diversity of Houston by helping grow a venue for less traditional, independent voices in media to be heard, as well as providing a unique destination for locals and tourists alike
- Supporting media arts education by providing Aurora with a space to host adult and youth film and video workshops
- Helping to support a home for artist-made films and artists
- Supporting community gatherings and exchanges related to moving image art
- Investing in a trusted organization with a history and reputation for our members and audience, as well as partnering with renowned arts organizations and social institutions
- Rewarding yourself with exclusive benefits like an Aurora Picture Show membership, artist-made postcards, posters, and curator time
Please support our growth into this exciting new space by contributing to this campaign and spreading the word!
- (30 days)