Clean Living with Kids or Geek Trivia
Clean Living with Kids or Geek Trivia
Clean Living with Geek (or Kids) Trivia makes toothbrushing and hand washing a blast!
Clean Living with Geek (or Kids) Trivia makes toothbrushing and hand washing a blast! Read more
A Fun Way to Stay Healthy
Clean Living accomplishes what no other device ever has: it makes hand washing and toothbrushing fun. We all know that good hygiene habits are critical to preventing the spread of disease and maintaining overall health. But few of us actually wash or brush for the recommended amount of time. Clean Living's sleek design stylishly organizes your soap and toothbrushes AND entertains you with a light and sound show while you wash and brush.
How it Works
1) Simply place your favorite brand of liquid soap on Clean Living's soap pedestal.
2) Press down to dispense soap. The pedestal senses the pressure and starts a 20-second light and sound "show" that plays one of hundreds of trivia questions.
3) When the light and sound show stop and the correct answer is given, you know you've washed for the recommended time...plus you'll become a trivia guru!
1) Store toothbrushes in two holders.
2) Pick up your toothbrush and apply toothpaste. Then just press the START button on the front of Clean Living's pedestal to begin a 2-minute light and sound "show" that plays a few entertaining or educational trivia questions.
3) When the sound and light show stop, you know you've brushed for the recommended time. And 2-minutes have never seemed so to go by so quickly!
SOUND & LIGHT SHOW
Clean Living captivates you during hand washing and toothbrushing by asking entertaining, educational and informative trivia questions that make time fly. And the content never gets stale as there are hundreds of questions pre-loaded on the microSD memory card that is included.
Hackers, listen up. Yes, we designed Clean Living with you in mind. Want to listen to your own music or other audio files you own? Go ahead...follow our instructions and you can load your own microSD card that will work just fine with Clean Living!
Your Choice - Geek OR Kids Trivia
We are introducing Clean Living in your choice of two different pre-loaded audio pack editions:
1) GEEK TRIVIA PACK EDITION
Think you know all there is to know about Game of Thrones? or Breaking Bad? or Star Wars? Think again. The GEEK trivia pack edition has hundreds of questions covering popular TV shows, movies, sports, music and more. You'll never again be bored brushing your teeth.
2) KIDS TRIVIA PACK EDITION
Want that special kid you know to learn healthy hygiene habits AND interesting and fun facts? The KIDS trivia pack edition is loaded with hundreds of questions about animals, geography, science and more. Shhh...don't tell the kids but they'll actually learn important facts while having fun.
Be amazed as once tedious tasks become the most entertaining part of your day.
So, where are we with the project?
- a patent in hand
- locked in the design after multiple iterations
- built a few 3-d models to study form and function
- selected a commercial supplier who has built a fully-functioning prototype
- ordered the plastic molds that are scheduled to be finished in July
...and what do we plan to do with the funds?
Through the generous support and shared vision of the Kickstarter community, we will be able to:
- acquire the license to several hundred fun and fresh trivia questions for both the Geek and Kids Trivia editions. To show you how serious we are about trivia, we are working with The Trivia Company, the #1 experts in trivia worldwide - www.triviadatabase.com - to create both the Geek and Kids Trivia editions that will surely entertain and educate for years to come!
- professionally record and mix approximately one thousand trivia questions
- place our first order for Clean Living and launch this fun and valuable product that we hope will make for a healthier world!
To the right are several available pledge levels for either the GEEK or KIDS version of Clean Living. There's even Early Bird Pricing available.
We plan to ship in early December in time for the holidays. Either version makes an awesome holiday gift so consider ordering more than one. What a good feeling it is to know that you have a perfect gift for those "hard to buy for" friends and family members. Plus the cool factor of being the first to own will clearly win you some points!
Who We Are
We are a group of product developers and designers located in Austin, Texas. A few years ago we became obsessed with finding ways to make learning healthy habits fun. In 2013, our first product, SoapTime for young children, won a prestigious Edison Award for Innovation. Now, with your support Clean Living will help improve hygiene habits for Geeks and Kids of all ages.
Answers? You Want Answers?
So, how many did you get right?
In case you didn't feel challenged enough, try these. We'll post the answers during our Kickstarter updates throughout the campaign. Thanks again for your generosity!!
Bonus Questions for Geeks:
Bonus 1: In "Game of Thrones", what do the Dothraki fear most?
- A. Rodents
- B. Sea Water
- C. Darkness
- D. Fire
Bonus 2: How many original band members were in Led Zeppelin?
- A. 2
- B. 3
- C. 4
- D. 5
Bonus 3: What is the literal translation of the word Tallahassee?
- A. South Lake
- B. Standing Tall
- C. Warm Winds
- D. Old Fields
Bonus Questions for Kids:
Bonus 1: Which great inventor is credited with discovering the electric light bulb, motion picture camera and phonograph ?
- A. Alexander Graham Bell
- B. Henry Ford
- C. Thomas Edison
Bonus 2: The explorer Henry Hudson was born in which European country?
- A. England
- B. France
- C. Portugal
Bonus 3: In the movie Frozen, what is Elsa and Anna's favorite food?
- A. Chocolate
- B. Ice Cream
- C. Broccoli
Risks and challenges
We are product developers and have done this many times before. So our experience enables us to avoid nearly all of the rookie mistakes. But one thing experience has taught us is sometimes circumstances out of our control do present a few risks. Here are a few of those:
1) An "over the top" response from the Kickstarter community could end up delaying shipments - but, you have our promise that we will use our network to eliminate or reduce any delays
2) Our suppliers take longer to deliver than they've promised which could delay shipments - could happen, but we know and trust them
3) If you select the pledge level to contribute a question, we will work with you to make sure it fits either the Geek or Kids Trivia editions, but if we can't make it work we'll let you know and ask you to de-pledge
4) ...and the same goes for the pledge level to create a whole new category of audio content. We will work very closely with you to make it happen, but if for some reason we can't, we'll be upfront with you and you can de-pledge
As for Challenges, we don't see any right now. We've been thinking about ways to make learning healthy habits fun for nearly 5 years. Our first product for 4-7 year olds, SoapTime, has blazed this trail so we know what we're doing. All the parts and electronics for Clean Living are designed and the molds for the plastic parts will be ready in July. Once we record the trivia questions, we'll be ready to manufacture!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)