ABOUT THE FILM
It is her daughter's 7th birthday and Kemi, an immigrant living in Philadelphia, finds out that she can't go back "home" to Tanzania anytime soon. A sudden power outage at the end of the day becomes the inspiration for an impromptu shadow performance, giving Kemi a chance to confront her marriage, her heritage and herself.
Blackout is a 15 minute narrative that merges live action with silhouette animation to tell an intimate story about sacrifice, displacement and the meaning of "home".
Go ahead and "LIKE" us on FACEBOOK!
Feel free to CHECK OUT our WEBSITE!
WHY YOU SHOULD SUPPORT
oh there are so many reasons but here are just a few!
1. Because you're excited to see a film from the perspective of an African, Woman, Immigrant!
2. Because you believe in the importance of sharing the complex stories and lives of traditionally underrepresented people (aka, "minorities"!).
3. Because you appreciate independent filmmaking!
4. Because you've seen my other films and you want to see more!
5. Because you are an immigrant and/or understand the feeling of displacement.
6. Because you just know it's going to be good! :)
7. Because it´s easy and even fun!
8. Because you can!
WHAT YOU ARE HELPING US DO:
Will allow us to insure our incredible equipment.
Will help us secure our key locations.
Will allow us to take care of our hardworking crew with meals and coffee!
Will help us create a beautiful animation based on shadow puppetry and give the film a special, magical touch! :) :) :)
THANK YOU! ASANTE SANA!
- (28 days)