NoteCaddie - Take Notes Like a Pro and Lower Your Scores!
NoteCaddie - Take Notes Like a Pro and Lower Your Scores!
All pro golfers take notes on the courses they play. Our app makes taking golf notes easy, intuitive, and EFFECTIVE for the rest of us!
All pro golfers take notes on the courses they play. Our app makes taking golf notes easy, intuitive, and EFFECTIVE for the rest of us! Read more
Be a part of the conversation at the links below!
NoteCaddie is Trending!! Check out some of the cool features that have been written about us:
NoteCaddie Mobile Golf - Play better golf by doing what Pros do - master the course with notes!
We look to accomplish this by introducing all golfers to course management in an intuitive and accessible way, by placing organized note taking features alongside a GPS distance application. How does NoteCaddie make you score better week in and week out? Glad you asked! These three concepts will have you shaving strokes from the moment you hit the first tee.
1. Taking Simple, Efficient and Effective Notes: The application stands out by giving you efficient screens that don't take you away from your game. The features that set NoteCaddie apart are Hole Notes (where you can make a gameplan for the hole with voice to text), Shot Dispersion History (Visually presenting your past visits to the hole, allowing you to quickly see what's worked and what hasn't), and Green Notes (where you can easily note the undulations and breaks on the green with easy to use drawing tools directly onto an enlarged green image) *check out the mock ups at the bottom of the page to see what these screens will look like!
2. The Note Taking Process: Taking notes as a process is one that refines the perspective of a player’s golf game, specifically away from thinking about the previous shot, and toward planning for the next one. Players are able to take a more holistic view of the golf course. We'll be subconsciously giving every golfer a way to avoid dwelling on bad breaks so they can successfully concentrate on their next shot, as they'll be more involved in the process of managing the hole. In concept testing, we found we were able to knock off anywhere from 4-9 strokes off of rounds in similar conditions where we took notes the first time and used them the 2nd time!
3. Sharing Notes with the NoteCaddie Community: Taking notes not only helps you, but with the NoteCaddie Community, someone who plays the course for the first time can benefit from your notes as well. players can be matched to other user's notes by handicap and distances, so that even if you've never played the course before, you still have access to the in depth knowledge that can give you an edge on any course.
The Disconnect: Pros Live Off Of Their Notes, Why Don't You?
In the days leading up to a tournament, Touring Golf Pros will prepare during practice rounds by taking notes of each shot and situation they encounter on the course, building a personalized strategy for attacking the course in competition. The pro knows he is playing against the course; preparation means learning his adversary's weaknesses, in order to take advantage of them and conquer the day. Simply knowing the distance to hazards and the pin is not enough. Pros must be able to know where they are capable of placing the ball on each hole and what types of shots will put them in the best position to approach the pin.
Even though this is a known recipe for success, note taking is largely absent from the amateur's game. 95% of amateur players surveyed noted the seemingly obvious, that they played better on courses they played more often - because they knew them better.
So why doesn't the casual golfer think to, or want to, take notes on the course, when we see professionals literally profiting from it on their scorecard and in their checkbook week in and week out? The typical golfer is pressured by the pace of play and feels they don't have time to pull out a note pad on each hole. Leaving them open to repeating simple mistakes throughout a round because they don't know where to land the ball, ultimately causing frustration, even when they strike the ball well. How many times have you felt like you've struck the ball well all day, but just felt like you'd gotten bad breaks?
Bridging the Gap: The Note Taking Revolution
NoteCaddie understands the issues created by neglecting course management, but we also get why players don't take notes regularly. The NoteCaddie Mobile Golf application will give you the tools you need to take strokes off your score without taxing your game. The time you take to create great notes will be both minimal, and extremely valuable. Hone in your focus on all the right things, take advantage of your previous experience (or someone else's), and make the most of every shot you hit, whether you are a scratch golfer, or a a weekend warrior.
Our Proposed App Development Timeline
Because we are entering a somewhat mature, but evolving niche market, we need an app that is above our skill set as developers. For this reason, we have enlisted the help of NS804, a Virginia based development team, for the build out. Our plan is to start in iOS, and have a tentative release date for our app of end of May, Beginning of June 2016 - contingent upon the success of our Kickstarter of course. Assuming we get only what our goal is for, we will then market our app and then use the revenue from our first golf season to fund the development of the app on Android, over the winter, or sooner if we can afford. If our Kickstarter gains serious momentum, we look to have a stretch goal to get the Android release simultaneous to the iOS version.
Join the #NoteCaddieArmy and be a part of the Golf Notes Revolution!
The #NoteCaddieArmy is a vast group of golf activists across the globe that pledge to be a part of the Golf Notes Revolution. Golf notes are an easy form of course management, accessible to everyone. They allow golfers all across the spectrum of ability to fit their game into each course, playing to their strengths and avoiding bad breaks. NoteCaddie Mobile Golf will be the pinnacle of this revolution, and we're calling on the #NoteCaddieArmy to get us there through pledge and word of mouth. Tell your friends, your co-workers, family, and most importantly all the golfers you know, to join the #NoteCaddieArmy and be a part of the Golf Notes Revolution!
Thank you for your support and GOLF ON!
Louis and Chris
P.S. Can't wait to get started? Neither can we! In the meantime, check out THESE TIPS for taking effective and efficient notes on the course.
Pledge through the #NoteCaddieArmy Ranks
Some of the Amazing Features!
- Simple, Effective, Quick Notes on the course. The Cornerstone of the app is the ability to enhance your course management skills by focusing you on the right things on the course, and noting them to take advantage of your experience. Use Voice to text notes, and quickly reference your previous experiences in an efficient, and organized way.
- Past results from each hole visualized. Color coded dispersion that allows you to see where you’ve had the most success, and emulate it.
- Know your greens. Green notes allows you to note everything from overall slope to likely pin positions. Know every ridge, every undulation, before you hit your approach, so you can knock it close.
- Recommended Club selection. NoteCaddie will take your profile information and combine it with current location and hole information, as well as your previous experiences, and make recommendations on club selection that are specific to your game.
- Get great notes on courses you've never played! NoteCaddie Community allows you to review notes from players with similar playing style/handicaps, meaning you can play the course like it’s your home course, even your first time on the course.
- Full GPS Distance capabilities. With distances to the center, front and back of the green, as well as distances to, and carry distances, for hazards. Use the shot tracker to keep track of your club distances and optimize NoteCaddie's ability to recommend clubs and course notes that fit your game!
- Robust tracking of your game, stats, and score. Get a deeper understanding of your game, learn your distances for each club, and manage your score all in one place.
App Mock Ups and Layout
NoteCaddie will provide accurate distance and target location:
NoteCaddie will also allow the golfer to toggle to a note taking feature at the touch of a button. Here they can manually enter notes (with type and voice to text options) per hole and green, making the added time to address a shot negligible:
If the golfer has played the hole previously, saved Hole and Green Notes will conveniently be available for review. Also, the app will recommend a club based off of distances the amateur has hit, and course conditions present (wind, pin locations). The app does this by allowing the golfer to enter in the location and club selection upon each shot.
An additional "Dispersion" screen will be available to review the shot path/selection of the previous four most successful visits to the hole:
Risks and challenges
NoteCaddie is entering a competitive and mature market. The top company in this niche has over 3 million members and more than 12 years experience in the business. This means the market is large, and the potential nearly unlimited, but that the work to compete successfully will be difficult. Louis and Chris are adding value to this market, but will need your help through word of mouth and donations to fund marketing, to grow the brand to its potential.
Louis and Chris are also first time app developers. They've done their research and partnered with an experienced developer and designer, but may run into road blocks along the way. They will dedicate every extra hour to move through any unforeseen issues quickly, but will ask for your patience in any potential project delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (46 days)