About this project
I have been spinning Poi for about 7 years now. I love spinning fire but alas, some people don't like you spinning fire in their clubs or living rooms. That is why we need glow poi. Over the years I have had many sets of glow poi, but they never lived up to my expectations. They either weren't durable enough, or lacked modes, or weren't bright enough, or just too ridiculously expensive. So, I decided to start designing and building my own poi and OMFG's were born. OMFG's are designed to be the Ultimate poi. My goals while designing them are:
1. Extremely Bright LED's. The RGB LED's used in OMFG's are the brightest in the world and can make 16.6 Million different colors.
2. Extemely durable cases. OMFG's will have Polycarbonate cases with Lexane end-caps.
3. Feature many modes. OMFG's are capable of any fade or strobe combination. The finished versions will have probably 40-60 presets.
4. Have clear sides allowing for another channel of RGB LED's . That way, both the cone for the sock, AND the side of the OMFG itself wll project light.
Why do we need your help?
OMFG Lights are all handmade by me. I designed the cases, made the molds and castings of the pieces. I designed the circuits, and print and etch the circuit boards.
Parts for OMFGs are not cheap so I need your help in placing a bulk order. The goal of this Kickstarter is to get enough funding to create 20 pairs (40 units) of OMFG Lights. This will help me scale up operations so that I can continue to produce these lights and make a huge change in the poi world.
- 2x Mode Buttons
- Arduino Nano Processor with MicroUSB port
- Patterns are fully programmable with Windows & Mac via mini USB
- All code is open source and available for download
- Requires 4x AAA Rechargeable Batteries.
- 3x Luxeon RGB LEDs
- 4x 5mm RGB LEDs
- Polycarbonate & Urethane case
- 2" Diameter 2.4" Length
- 142.5 Grams with batteries
Support this project
- (30 days)