I started by designing the lights on a CAD program. The caps and battery holder I custom made for this project. I took them to a local company that had a CNC machine and had the pieces printed. I then made two-part molds of the pieces using casting silicone and Legos as the mold box. These pieces are all casted from molds of the original printings. This is a great way to do in-home reproduction without having to invest in the high cost of injection molding.
I also made the circuit boards from scratch. I designed the boards using software in printed them onto circuit printing paper. This paper can be ironed onto copper clad board and then etched in an acid to produce quality printed circuits. I then have to clean them up, drill all the via holes in them (over 100 holes a pair) install chips, components, wires, etc.
Programming was done by the Remy Schott. He is going to go very far and is the most brilliant programmer I have ever met.
Then comes assembly of the pieces which involves installing battery springs, wiring, boards lights, and securing the battery holder to the cap.
OH Yeah, then the socks. Right now I have to sew the socks. I do good work i just take for ever. I'm looking into having somebody local make them for me.
All together about 3-5 hours of work go into making a pair.