About this project
What is Brooklinen?
Brooklinen is a new brand of stylish, luxury bed sheets available at accessible prices, delivered right to your door.
- All of the quality, only a fraction of the price - Brooklinen’s mission is to bring amazing, hotel-quality bed sheets to the masses at a price that won’t break the bank ($100/set, instead of $300+).
- Versatile – Simple, clean designs like a crisp white and a soft-gray pinstripe that can work in any home
- Perfect for busy people – Who wants to spend all day reading labels at the department store? We're available for purchase online, first through Kickstarter, and then through our website. Shipping is always free.
What makes Brooklinen different?
The Supply Chain
- We work with leading factories in the US and abroad, slotting our runs into lulls in their production to save money
- We cut out middlemen (wholesalers and distributors) and eliminate costs that don’t add value (e.g., licensing and slotting fees), then pass the savings on directly to you
- We use 100% Egyptian cotton in our sheets
- Better cotton is not only softer, but also stronger
- Our sheets use a percale weave which provides a comfortable, yet cool and crisp feel
- We package our sets in a beautiful linen tote that is handmade in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
- We offer simple, elegant designs that will work in any home
- Our designs feature neutral colors and patterns (sorry Grandma, no doilies here)
The Customer Experience
- We sell directly to you and deliver right to your doorstep, free of charge
- We have a sleek, simple website that's easy to navigate - finding the right set shouldn't be like finding a needle in a haystack
The Price: Only $100 per Core Set, including shipping
Who are we?
Brooklinen was started by Rich and Dave, two regular guys who thought that people shouldn't have to spend a month's rent to be able to sleep on 5-star hotel quality bed sheets. When Rich and Dave started Brooklinen, they didn't have a background in textiles, but they've spent the last year visiting factories and becoming experts to bring you the best product at the best price. If you’re ever having trouble sleeping, feel free to ask one of us our thoughts on different textile constructions.
The Core Set:
Our Core Set contains
- a fitted sheet
- a flat sheet; and
- two pillowcases
Everything in this set is made from 100% Egyptian cotton and comes packaged in our handmade linen tote bags (Sorry plastic zipper bag guy - no cookie for you.) Just like your favorite pair of jeans, these sheets will only grow more comfortable over time as you break them in. We hear this set is also excellent for ensuring you are the most fashionable person at your next toga party!
The Hardcore Set:
The Hardcore Set is perfect for all seasons. This set offers the best value and includes the following:
- the Core Set;
- a duvet cover; and
- two additional pillowcases.
This is the same stylish and unique handmade, linen tote in dark charcoal in which all of our sheets come packaged. This bag is made in Greenpoint, Brooklyn at a factory located just blocks from our office. The tote can also double as a dust bag for your sheets when you’re not sleeping on them. If you would instead prefer to carry it on you at all times, using it as an icebreaker to strike up conversations with random strangers about your awesome new Brooklinen sheets, I suppose we’d be okay with that too...
If you'd like more than one Tote, Core Set or Hardcore Set, please select the relevant reward and then pledge a multiple of the appropriate pledge amount. For example, if you'd like to purchase two Core Sets, just select Core Set and enter a pledge of $200.
Selecting Sizes and Designs:
As for choosing the size and color/pattern for each of your sets, after the campaign has completed we will reconnect with you to get your selection. Initially, both Solid White and the Smoke Stripes will be available. If we reach our stretch goals, additional colors and patterns will also be available for selection.
The sizes currently available to our backers are as follows:
- Twin XL
- California King
All sets are designed to fit standard North American mattress sizes and have a pocket depth of 15".
Timing & Process
We have completed the legwork and are ready to begin production as soon as we achieve our goal of $50,000. After our campaign has finished, we will start production on the sheets - as such, we estimate it will take approximately 6-8 weeks from the conclusion of the campaign for us to being shipping sheets. For more detail on the next steps and timing please see the charts below.
Risks and challenges
Our factory partners are ready to go. We have produced a first, small run of our sheets and some of our lucky friends and family are already reaping the benefits.
Based on our past experience, we anticipate being able to fulfill orders within 6-8 weeks, but we should note that forecasting demand is an inexact science. We would love for you to surprise us by blowing our target out of the water, in which case it might take slightly longer than expected to fulfill orders.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)