Gypsé eyes is a publication which investigates the hilarity and loneliness of sex, love, and relationships. We need your help!
Gypsé Eyes is an Art-Design-Photography publication plumbing the depths and dimensions of sex, love, and relationships. With each issue we seek to show unique and exploratory work by talented artists in a publication that is oh the highest physically designed quality of production possible.
We are working on issue #03: Make Outs which will be released at the end of January 2011. This upcoming issue will be even bigger and better than our last 2! We are adding more content, extras, and increasing our print count! We're also upping the quality of our printing to a heavier weight matte paper. We be including a mix CD of Make out music by band Trés Lingerie as a bonus feature with every copy.
Though we're really excited about our newest venture it takes a lot of work and funding. We strive to keep the magazine free of advertisements as it has been. This requires us to fund the magazine ourselves. To do this we need your help to cover our printing and production costs. The costs are estimated to run around $3000+. With your help this will allow us to print 1000 copies of the magazine which will include artwork by:
Daniel Evans (Photographer)
Jessica Yatrofsky (Photographer) Mark Mulroney (Artist) Rod Hunting (Illustrator and member of The Post Family in Chicago) Joseph Marconi(Photographer/Film maker) Meagan Bennett (Designer)
And don’t forget we promised extras! This issue will also include a special Make Out Mix CD by band Trés Lingerie, as well as a special wearable glowing "poster".
We are setting our funding goal at $1500, since the total production cost will be over $3000. By making a contribution you are making our dreams come true. We will be ecstatic to make our goal of half of our production costs, but anything above and beyond that will be a truly huge help and allow us make and distribute even more copies!
Re-posting this to your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and your blog is also an amazing help too. Thank you so much!
PS: A huge thanks to all the friends who loaned their mouths for our promo video, and to Joey Carry for filming it!
A little more information about Gypsé Eyes:
Our content is commissioned from artists, designers, photographers and writers, and varies thematically across several mediums. Published in limited runs, using fine art and hand-made design techniques (such as silkscreen and letterpress printing) in the magazine’s production, an emphasis on high-end composition, resulting in a publication that gives us the touch and feel of an individual and collectible item.
Since releasing our first issue in early spring 2010 Gypsé Eyes has been featured on various blogs including:
ItsNiceThat.com (a London based art and design blog), ThePostFamily.com (A Chicago based Design collective),
Most recently Gypsé Eyes was selected along with other publications, to be shown at a gallery event promoting Teal Triggs’ (Senior Lecturer at University of Arts London) book Fanzines (published by Thames & Hudson) and is part of the permanent collection at the University of Arts in London.
Visit www.GypseEyes.com for more info and to download a PDF of all issues and/or purchase the real thing.
Here are a few images of our second issue:
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
seconds to go
Pledge $3 or moreYou selected
-Your Name listed under the thank yous on the Gypse Eyes Website (with your website link if you like) - An invite to the Gypsé Eyes Make Outs Launch Party in NYC
Pledge $10 or moreYou selected
22 backers Limited (878 left of 900)
- Thank You on our Website - Invite to the Launch Party - A signed copy of Gypsé Eyes
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
12 backers Limited (38 left of 50)
• Thank You on our Website • Invite the the Launch Party • A signed copy of Gypsé Eyes • An editioned silk screened Gypsé Eyes Poster
Pledge $40 or moreYou selected
4 backers Limited (6 left of 10)
• Thank You on our Website • Invite to the launch party • Signed copies of Gypsé Eyes issues #01, #02, #03 !!! PLUS an editioned silk screened Gypsé Eyes Poster
Pledge $55 or moreYou selected
10 backers Limited (20 left of 30)
• Thank You on our website • Invite to the launch party • Special numbered limited edition Box Set of Gypsé Eyes: Make Outs including signed copy of Gypsé Eyes with special silkscreen cover illustrated by Daniel Pacheco, editioned silkscreen print, silk screened tee shirt, secret Gypsé Eyes editioned art. All this wrapped up in special silk screened box!
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
3 backers Limited (7 left of 10)
• Thank You on our website • Invite to the Launch Party • Limited edition Gypsé Eyes: Make Outs box set • Signed Photo print from Jacob Hessler's Gypsé Eyes Issue #02 series of Ice Cream photographs
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
• Thank You on our Website • Invite to the Launch Party • Limited edition Gypsé Eyes: Make Outs box set • Mystery Box by Gypsé Eyes contributing artist Mark Mulroney which may include original drawings, paintings, carvings, whatever else Mark decides to send!
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (1 left of 1)
• Thank You on our website • Invite to the Launch Party • Limited edition Gypsé Eyes: Make Outs box set • Photo print from Jacob Hessler • A mix CD made just for you by Gypsé Eyes contributing band Trés Lingerie
- (36 days)