The Silly Goose Co-op
The Silly Goose Co-op
Building a bridge between our customers and our fine farmers, artists and artisans.
Building a bridge between our customers and our fine farmers, artists and artisans. Read more
About this project
This is a different kind of Kickstarter project in that the rewards are the project. Donations to this project will fund co-op member rewards for the next year, all of which carry significant costs and time. We need your help to make it possible.
Any funds available after fulfilling rewards will be reinvested into The Silly Goose for:
- new catering equipment (i.e. a travelling grill, saute burners, etc.)
- retiring debt from partner buyout
- wine license, inventory, and storage
- more seating and tables to reconfigure the dining room
- new equipment for smoking and curing our own meats
- featured local artwork
- retail equipment (i.e. a new refrigerator, packaging, etc.)
- three or four more staff positions (for expanded retail, catering, and social media)
- an 80 gallon composter for ourselves, surrounding restaurants, and eventually for the community to provide compost for our farmers
- a plot for farming
We have already expanded our physical space and now we want to expand our offerings. Ultimately, we want to connect our customers more closely to their locally produced food. Through cooking classes and private dinners that feature products from our local farms, we'll be showing you more of what goes on from the farm to the plate.
More About Our Rewards
Our blog will feature videos, pictures, and articles about our local purveyors, our staff, and how we make our food. We'll have an example post up soon so you can know what to look forward to.
Our newsletter will keep you up to date on improvements we've made thanks to you, news about our purveyors, and future events.
Our baskets will be full of all sorts of goods that we use at The Silly Goose. Expect items like local honey, cheese, locally roasted coffee, syrups, oils, spice mixtures, produce, and other seasonal items.
Our cooking demos will offer you a chance to get hands-on experience in preparing our signature food. We'll teach you how to cook it and then you'll get to take it home to eat.
Our multi-course dinners will be exclusive to Kickstarter contributors. Each dinner will feature one of our local purveyors with dishes inspired by that purveyor's artisan goods.
For members at the highest level, Roderick and some of the Silly Goose staff will come to your home and cook for your party of twelve.
Finally, we'll have the choice of two t-shirts for all contributors.
Support this project
- (30 days)