I'm a former animator and video game artist that who pursed and fulfilled my lifelong dream of becoming a fine artist painting in oils. Today, I'm licensed to paint Disney, Star Wars, Warner Bros., The Muppets, Peanuts and more. However, my own characters, Beau and his Friends Along The Way - they're what I'm really known for ... as well as my collection Places I'd Rather Be.
Throughout the years, Beau has had many adventures, Now it's time for Beau, Red, Ollie, Toothpick and the rest of the gang from my collection Friends Along The Way to bring their adventures to your home on the pages of Friends & Places: The Art Of Rob Kaz.
You know that story in each painting is important to me, so each page of this art book is an opportunity to let you imagine a tale of adventure, friendship or family.
My hardcover book will feature 160 full-color pages filled with happy art to make you smile! The book will include lots of full-page images and a few stories of special paintings from throughout the years, including stories from you. As a bonus, never-before-seen paintings will be released for the first time in this book.
I'm really excited about sharing my artwork with you in this book and I can't wait to hear what you think! Thanks for the amazing support throughout the years, my many Friends Along The Way ... and thanks once again for supporting me in Friends & Places: The Art Of Rob Kaz.
"I want people to be happy when they look at my work, so I create stories that personally make me smile or laugh. But I also want people to notice the technical side of my paintings. I put a lot of emphasis on lighting, composition and color when I paint. I think all of these aspects ultimately play a role in determining the emotional outcome of a finished painting." --Rob Kaz
When the Kickstarter campaign concludes, we will go to print. Beyond unforeseen factors, we plan to begin shipping the middle of November (in time for the holidays).
$4k - Stickers! If we reach $4000, all reward-level backers will receive Beau, Ollie & Red stickers. :)
$4500k - Postcards! If we reach $4500, all reward-level backers will receive 3 oversize postcards featuring work from the book, a Kickstarter exclusive.
$5k - Sketchbooks! If we reach $5000, all reward-level backers will receive a sewn-edge sketchbook printed with Friends Along The Way, a Kickstarter exclusive.
$6k - Mini Print Posters! If we reach $6000, all reward-level backers will receive one mini print poster from Friends Along The Way (artist choice of art), a Kickstarter exclusive.
$18k - Collectible Pins! If we reach $18,000, all reward-level backers will receive one Beau the frog collectible pin.
$25k - Mini Print Poster #2! If we reach $25,000, all reward-level backers will receive an additional mini print poster from Friends Along The Way (artist choice of art), a Kickstarter exclusive.
FAQ - How do I grab an add-on?
• From the Kickstarter project page, please click on the "MANAGE YOUR PLEDGE" button.
• In the pledge amount box, increase your pledge by the total of the add-ons you want to add.
• How to calculate pledge + shipping + add-on: Don't forget that shipping was part of your initial pledge total. For example, if you are in the US and pledged $35 for a book, your initial pledge was $40 (because $35 + $5 US shipping = $40). If you now want to add a Honu pin, your new pledge total will be $50 (because $35 shipping + $5 shipping +$10 add-on pin = $50).
• Do not change the tier of your current pledge (unless you want to actually change your tier to a different reward level - in which case you'll still need to add an increase to your pledge by the total of the add-ons if you want to add-ons along with your newly selected pledge reward tier).
• When the Kickstarter campaign has ended, you will receive a survey to confirm your mailing address and customizations where applicable. At that time, you will also dictate how you want your extra add-on money assigned (i.e. just Honu, Red + Ollie, etc.) according to how much extra you pledged.
A Look Into My Creative Process
Samples Of Art That Will Be Featured In The Book
Risks and challenges
The risks with my art book are very few since the artwork that will fill the pages is already complete. Additionally, we've already completed most of the content for each page. We're currently still completing a few elements such as content from collectors (Hey - if you're a collector with a story to tell about how my art impacted you, let me know! We might like to include your story!)
The printing will take place following the completion of the Kickstarter campaign. We've already selected a printer and have begun finalizing page finishes, cover finishes, etc. We will continue these steps throughout the Kickstarter campaign so that we will be ready to roll with printing as soon as the campaign concludes.
The biggest risk we face is not reaching our Kickstarter goal and collecting enough support to place the order with the printer.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)