What if some of your favorite artists and musicians got together to make a genius Exquisite Corpse animation? Ahem.... Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on .
About this project
Hello one and all! This Exquisite Corpse film is truly something special, and below you can find a list of who is involved, plus get a little more info about how we started and what it is we need to move forward.
We began together, Maya Erdelyi, Paul Fraser, and myself, as a trio of folks interested in collaborations and what the folks we knew could do with just the rules of an Exquisite Corpse to hold it all together. We pulled together between our friends and fellow artists to collect an impressive list of people who were willing to get together to make it happen.
Animation artists (in order of appearance):
- Guy Burwell - Portland, Illustrator/gigposter designer
- Masha Vasilkovsky - LA, animator/ painter
- Dan Grzeca - Chicago, illustrator/gig-poster designer
- Tunde Adebimpe - NY, singer (TV on the Radio)/ animator/actor
- Aimee Goguen - LA, artist/animator
- Manuel Barenboim - Argentina, animator/filmmaker
- Maureen Selwood - LA, animator/filmmaker/artist
- Meejin Hong - NY/LA, animator/filmmaker/ printmaker
- Matt Broach - LA, artist/ animator
- Nate Page - LA, artist
- Jim Trainor - Chicago, artist/animator, filmmaker
- Kathleen Judge - Chicago, artist/animator/gig poster designer
- Gina Kelly - LA, animator/gigposter designer/ filmmaker, co-curator and producer
- Maya Erdelyi - NY/LA, animator, artist co-curator
- Courtney Ziegler - LA, artist/filmmaker
- Ethan Clarke - LA, animator/filmmaker
- Sara Gunnarsdóttir - Iceland, animator/filmmaker
- Jeanette Bonds - LA, artist/animator
- Lori Damiano - Portland, animator
- Olivia Taussig - NY, filmmaker/animator
- Devin Flynn - Chicago, animator/artist
- Nick Gibney - NJ, filmmaking/animation
Sound Artists (in order of "appearance"):
- Kari Rae Seekins (sound design) Pitch Like Masses, The Think Well Group www.kariraeseekins.com
- Jim Becker (composition) Califone, Iron & Wine, Dirty Three http://www.califonemusic.com/
- Jay Bodley (composition) Sun Hammer: A Dream in Blood http://www.futuresequence.com/releases/a-dream-in-blood/
- Ellen Reid (composition), She Gone Rogue Film Score http://www.madeinla2012.org/artist/zackary-drucker-with-rhys-ernst/ , http://www.ellenreidmusic.com
- Justin Asher (sound design and composition) http://www.justinashermusic.com/, http://fffits.bandcamp.com/
- Paul Fraser (sound design and composition/curator) http://www.paulfrasermusic.com Travertine Ensemble @ the Getty Center https://vimeo.com/38813824#at=0
The primary intention we had in making this film was to get it out to as many people as possible by submitting it to various screenings, in film festivals and art museums. We want to show everyone that its possible to use everyone's collective genius to make a film, a piece of art, a song. Our awards won't take long to deliver, because we just finished production! Exciting stuff!
Festival submissions alone per festival are $50-$75 each. The amount varies, and is not that expensive, but when you apply to 15 festivals, the price starts to take a toll. Not only are we applying, but we also have to provide the festivals with different formats of the film depending on what they request, and it takes a bit of money to make those too. Last but not least, we have invested some money out-of-pocket to make this happen, and it would be great to recoup our basic fees, like our Drop Box and our hard drive costs.
There's no reason you won't be energized by this film, so consider it an investment in your own happiness (and in ours too) and click on an award to your right. Thank you for being here!
The Quick and Dirty Team
Everything! The animation was produced by each artist passing their last drawing (of 24-100 drawings) on to the next participant. The music was made much the same way, but in layers rather than in sequence. Each sound artist had the film to watch, and created two tracks of sound, and chose one to pass on to the next artist. We are super happy with how it all came together!
Pledge $5 or more
A .wav file of the song that was produced for the film using the exquisite corpse game and thanks from our email and our hearts. A cool token from a group of musicians who never met while working on this project.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or more
Digital download of the film. It's finished and waiting! We can't throw it online because of festival regulations, but we certainly can send it directly to you!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or more
A DVD of the film, packaged up all nice. For the collector!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or more
INTERNATIONAL versions of packages requiring shipping start here! We will send you a packaged DVD and just need the extra few bucks to cover the shipping costs.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or more
FULL MEDIA PACKAGE!
DVD and Digital Download, and song...get all bases covered for a deal :) We recommend this package!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $30 or more
INTERNATIONAL everything package...includes song, digital download of the film, and a DVD mailed to your distant doorstep! Again, extra cash is for shipping!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $45 or more
My Friends and Me: Buy one full package for you, and one for a friend with a $5 discount.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or more
An exquisite corpse piece fo artwork by the project organizers, and the full media package!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or more
0 backers Limited (3 left of 3)
Executive Producer credit is available for this film at this level. Have your name attached to this project!Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)