Frequently Asked Questions
No. Technically, due to wavelength and laser power, Cubiio cannot work on these materials.
WARNING! Metal, glass, mirror, and any smooth surfaces may reflect laser and harm people. Use CubiioShield to enclose laser inside. Wear goggles to protect yourself.Last updated:
It depends. There are so many kinds of "plastic" and it is impossible to test them all. As we tested so far, Cubiio can engrave on non-transparent acrylic, rubber, and can cut black vinyl paper. However, transparent or white materials are not recommended.
WARNING! Burning plastic may produce toxic fumes and harm people.Last updated:
450 nm and 10000 hours. No, Cubiio's laser source can NOT be changed.
See our video and picture, engraving one macaron needs 32 seconds. 10000 hours lifetime mean that you can engrave 1 MILLION pieces!Last updated:
No, please note that CUBIIO BASIC package does NOT include a power supply unit.
* Cubiio team does not like overproduction.
* Probably you already have it! If you have an old tablet, no matter iPad or Android one, check its charger. If the charger has one USB outlet with 2 Ampere (or more) current capability, it can power Cubiio correctly. For example, Apple 10W or 12W USB Power Adapter is perfect.Last updated:
Yes, there is. A disclaimer can be found in the control app. If you agree with the conditions of the disclaimer, sign it in app, and then the app will allow you to use cubiio without the shield. Here is the draft of the disclaimer.
• You (the consumer) agree to wear appropriate attire and personal protective equipment at all times while operating the Cubiio. This includes, but is not limited to, protective eyewear, closed toed shoes, and clothing that adequately covers your extremities.
• You represent that you have read the User Manual instructing you how to properly and safely operate the Cubiio.
• You are fully aware that the operation of a laser, such as the Cubiio, is a hazardous activity.
• You acknowledge that you have attained the legal age of majority according to the laws of your respective Country.
• YOU, AND BY EXTENTSION YOUR SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS IN INTEREST, AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CUBIIO, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, CONTRACTORS AND AFFILIATES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY LOSS, CLAIMS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PRODUCT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, AND BREACH OF WARRANTY CLAIMS), DAMAGES, OR INJURY THAT MIGHT ARISE OR RESULT FROM, OR RELATE TO, NOW AND IN THE FUTURE, YOUR OPERATION OF THE CUBIIO.
• You agree to operate Cubiio within a restricted access location (a "RAL"). You agree to warn any other persons of the dangers of operating the Cubiio within the RAL, and further agree to prevent any persons from being within the RAL without wearing the appropriate attire and personal protective equipment at all times. You agree that the Cubiio should be kept within the RAL at all times and should only be accessed through the use of a special tool, lock and key, or other means of security controlled by you.Last updated:
An electromagnetic coil is installed at the interface between cubiio and the shield. When the shield is enclosed by the metal base, a sensor is triggered to activate the coil. The coil generates magnetic field and then affects the hall sensor in the cubiio. Now the CPU knows the shield is present and then allows the laser to work.
Where does the electromagnetic locate?
You can see it obviously at the interface between cubiio and the shield after you receive the package.Last updated:
As you may know in UPDATE #10, Kickstarter will cancel all pledges to the reward tiers offering the Cubiio BASIC on Wednesday, September 6th at 5pm EST. Before that deadline, we would like to transition all Cubiio BASIC backers to a new pledge level called Cubiio PLUS. What is Cubiio Plus? Cubiio Plus is our Cubiio Basic + CubiioShield.
Because of the inconvenience we have caused our current BASIC backers we are offering a discounted price on our Cubiio PLUS. Following the arrows to change your reward is our hope. However, different tiers have different price and delivery time. Choose the one you favor. Now click the green button “manage your pledge”.Last updated:
As mentioned in Update #10 (KS Letter 1 & 2), Kickstarter informed us to remove all content from the project regarding the Cubiio Basic, including videos and the gifs that show the laser functioning without the protective shield. Further, Kickstarter will cancel all pledges to the reward tiers offering the Cubiio Basic on Wednesday. Please check the previous FAQ about Reward Transition Plan.Last updated:
Referring to UPDATE #9 and #10, Kickstarter plans to cancel all pledges to the reward tiers offering the Cubiio BASIC on Wednesday, September 6th at 5pm EST. If your pledge is gone, please check the Reward Transition Plan. New Tiers Cubiio PLUS have been created for you.Last updated:
As mentioned in the “Important Claim” section, we provide renew for early failures. In case you receive a defective piece, please contact our support team. Our people will be happy to figure out the problems. If Return Material Authorization is granted, you can send the defective piece back and you will receive a new piece with the same color. To be more specific, 15-day renew is provided. Please test your Cubiio as soon as possible when you receive your package.
High quality OSRAM laser diodes are equipped in Cubiio. Every Cubiio will be tested before delivery and well protected during shipping. We believe everyone can enjoy Cubiio for its estimated lifetime, 10000 hours.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question