UPDATE : We re-designed the printer accordingly to some backers suggestions. You can find below a 360° 3D view of it :D
We've reached 100% of our goal with two weeks left to go! With this achieved we can now make the TRIUM 3D printer real.
Take a look at what can be done if we reach our stretch goals :
From now :
- free additional laser pre-cuts in the aluminum top cover for 2 extra extruder motors. This is nice to have in case of diamond head upgrade. Not mandatory : only for those who want to have it.
- free extra tip blower for PLA prints
€56K - 1KG PLA Spool
for all new backers and already existing backers :
- 1kg PLA spool of the color of your choice.
- Magnetic Ball Rod Ends upgrade (due to extra development needed, people choosing this upgrade might be delivered later (estimated :+1month) )
All the money of the campaign will be used for developing the printer. If we reach our target (or even more) any exceeding will be put in the TRIUM 3D of our backers without price increase :
- multiple head extruder
- camera in the printer
- extra hotend tip blowers (for even better PLA prints)
- and so on
The more we are, the less the printers cost. (you can find a link to the estimated cost in our FAQ, at the end of this page)
So help us creating the best printer, for the lowest price.
All ideas to improve the printer are also welcome. Do not hesitate to speak with/email us :)
Reach the accuracy of the best 3D printers (and the most expensive) available on the market, with a layer thickness which can go down as low as 20 microns (0.02mm). Check out our photos gallery below !
Whereas other companies offer you self printed plastic, wooden or acrylic pieces as part of their 3D printers, we use EU tailor made parts. It requires complex tooling like aluminum extrusion matrices, powerful laser cutter and bending machines to offer you a high quality full aluminum frame.
This specific design allow us to :
- Simplify the assembly
- Dramatically reduce the number of needed parts (like screws, nuts, washers, sliding rails, connecting parts)
- Reduce the final price
Our frame design also allow to fully close the printer, to keep the temperature inside.
As this innovative design requires specific tools for production, we need your help to invest in these tools.
Update : Below is a draft of the re-designed aluminum printer frame (all parts are not in the preview, model size was getting too big)
Our 3D printer includes all a 3D printer requires, no need to choose between tens of options. They are all there :
- A 0.5mm nozzle for good compromise between print speed and accuracy.
- ALUMINUM heat bed up to 130°C for better first layer stickiness
- ALUMINUM rotational spool holder on top of the printer, matching most existing spool.
- Bed auto leveling with inductive sensor to get a perfect level for the first layer and ensure a good print quality
- A big circular print area of diameter 220mm * height of 220mm (or ugraded version @440mm height)
- A full ALUMINUM frame for stiffness, easy assembly and good looking
- A LCD screen and a SD card reader to be computer-free and print directly from the printer (but works as well with computer via usb connection)
Choose between the Kit version, for those who like building/DIY projects and the Plug'n Play version, for those who want to use it right out the box.
With the 3D printing technology, you can almost do everything :
- Repair everyday objects
- Create prototypes
- Get almost free useful items from Internet (iphone docking, bicycle phone support, jewels, ...) (exemple : http://www.thingiverse.com/)
- View your future house, furniture, mechanical parts
- Have fun with this astonishing technology
With a filament spool of 1kg (15€) you can create tens of 3D objects !
With our full metal extruder you can print almost all filament materials (up to 265°C). Our printer uses 1.75mm filament.
- POLYAMIDE (NYLON)
- POLYACTIDE (PLA)
- CARBON FIBER REINFORCED PLA
- WOOD PLA
- BAMBOO PLA
- COPPER PLA
- BRONZE PLA
- THERMOPLASTIC POLYURETHANE
- HIPS SOLUBLE
- PVA SOLUBLE
- THERMOPLASTIC ELASTOMER (TPE)
Filament spool prices start at about 15€ (17usd) for 1kg.
You can find some examples of filament retailers below :
We built many prototypes to validate our technological choices.
Today, the printer is ready on almost all aspects:electronics, programming, suppliers.... Remains only our custom ALUMINUM frame, that is waiting to be produced by our suppliers.
Here are some exemples of parts printed with TRIUM 3D.
For more content, please visit our page : www.facebook.com/trium3d
LAYER TEST RESULTS :
print time / layer thickness :
- L0.3mm = 11min
- L0.2mm = 17min
- L0.1mm = 34 min
- L0.05mm = 68 min
- L0.02mm = 168 min (we stopped before the end)
PROTOTYPE IN ACTION
As important as the printer is the Slicing Software (conversion from 3D file to instructions for the printer). This is why we will include the needed parameters files for the free slicing software Slic3r, ensuring good prints for beginners. Advanced users will of course play with the available parameters to get different results (smaller nozzle diameter, layer thickness,...)
Compatible PC, MAC, and LINUX
EUR/USD conversion based on 06.03.2016 (DD.MM.YYYY) Currency Exchange Rates
In exchange for your help, we will provide you the following :
- A complete KIT or PLUG & PLAY TRIUM 3D
- A set of extra nozzle size (0.3mm and 0.4mm) to print with even more accuracy
- A plug cable of your country
- Free video tutorials (French/English) to show you how to assemble your printer and realize your first print
- Printing rules manual
- Personal support via Skype if needed (French/English)
We made our kit very easy to assemble. You just need some common tools and only 2 hours of your time to build our printer. No welding, no drilling, no tapping, no flashing, no programming: we've prepared everything for you.
Support our project and contribute to the future of E-MERGIN. The funds will be used to buy the tooling necessary to build our full aluminum frame, which will give the strength and the beauty to our printer.
E-MERGIN is composed of 2 mechanical engineers and 1 mechatronic engineer.
We work for a big tire manufacturer company based in Luxembourg. Our main tasks are to coordinate the implementation of new processes, to work on the conception of mechanical parts for machines and to do the programming of robots and 5 axis milling machines. We also use the 3D printing technology in our everyday work.
We are continuously improving our skills in our daily jobs and with our multiple hobbies. We are proud to use all of our knowledge to bring you new products that aim to achieve the best quality/price ratio.
More details about our printer :
- 3 columns X,Y,Z with 10 microns positioning accuracy each
- Minimum layer thickness : 0.02mm (20 microns)
- Print speed : 120mm/s (the limit is mainly coming from the extrusion of the plastic in the hot head)
- Arduino mega 2560
- Ramps 1.4
- DRV 8825 drivers
- Low friction IGUS (German brand) sliders
- Nema 17 motors
- Full metal extruder -- E3DV6
- Printer size : 380x380x660mm
- 110V or 220V 200W power supply (switchable)
- Coming with custom Marlin firmware already flashed
If you want more detailed information about the printer, fell free to contact us. We can provide advanced users the complete spec of all parts used in the printer.
We will continue developing the printer, adding some cool new features. Our first upgrade will be a multiple color extruder head (diamond hotend). This can be used for multi color prints or for support material.
N.B : support material has to be used when the part to be printed is fully or partially unsupported
We would like to offer our backers the possibility to get these upgrades at the manufacturing price only.
We compared our printer with some currently available on the market :
Free pick up in Luxembourg City.
Luxembourg : 14€
France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgique, Netherlands, United Kingdom : 23€
update : there is a mistake in the shipping cost for the United Kingdom for reward n°3. Until correction is done, please select France to have the right cost.
Rest of EU : 36€
update : USA, United Arab Emirates, : 39€ (~43usd)
update : Canada : 80.40€ (~118 Canadian dollars)
Rest of World : 110€*
*We cannot offer shipping to the following countries: Belarus, Burundi, Côte d´Ivoire, Eritrea, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Congo, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, North Korea, Ukraine, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Central African Republic and Afghanistan.
Get extra :
about the TRIUM 3D PRINTER on our Facebook page :
Do not forget to like our page :)
Risks and challenges
The main "risks" comes from the electronic parts that are bought from Asian countries :
- euros currency can change
- delivery could take longer than expected
Even if everything is ready to start the production of the printers, we cannot promise any printer before June 2016. This is including the possible delay from the Asian suppliers for delivery.
Of course, if any printer is available before, they will be sent out immediately, respecting the order of the contributors list.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)