Missed out on the Kickstarter? Come find us on Board Game Geek! Or contact us at CrossCut Games!
BECOME AN ANIMAL WIZARD! Wizards of the Wild is a game of sorcery and challenges! You roll the dice to acquire and power unique spells. Combine them together in a fast-paced, frenetic and friendly game!
- Tested Gameplay from the makers of Ninjato and Galactic Emperor!
- Huge Discount of Over 35% Off! (Base Game MSRP is $25)
- KS Limited Exclusive Content (Deluxe Copies will NOT enter regular distribution)
- Exciting Stretch Goals!
- Every Card has Unique Art and Effects!
PLEASE NOTE! The YOUR PET IN THE GAME reward level now is offering the COLLECTOR'S EDITION for FREE! See Update #13 for details!
Base Game Content List
- 6 Player boards
- 36 Spell cards
- 36 Challenge cards
- 8 Acolyte cards
- 6 Custom Dice
- 32 Wooden Markers
- 1 Score Board
- PLUS All Base Game Stretch Goals
Deluxe Game Content List
- EVERYTHING in the Base Game PLUS....
- BONUS Baxel the Bear Player Board
- BONUS Mephisto Player Board
- BONUS 6 Additional Spell Cards
- BONUS 6 Additional Challenge Cards
- BONUS 6 Additional Acolyte Cards
- PLUS ALL Base Game AND Deluxe Stretch Goals!
*Kickstarter Exclusive: After Wizards of the Wild is released, the Deluxe Content will NOT be sold by Crosscut Games to distributors or retailers. A limited amount may be available through contests and promotional activities.
At this level, you get even MORE - with a one-of-a-kind wooden box NUMBERED and SIGNED by the designers!
Supreme Sorcerer Collector's Edition Content List
- EVERYTHING in the Deluxe Game PLUS....
- EXCLUSIVE Cherry Wood Collector's Box (Signed/Numbered)
- EXCLUSIVE Hand-Made First Player Wand
- 4 Large Velour Bags to lovingly hold all the cards (even while sleeved)
- PLUS ALL Stretch Goals!
Animal wizards battle in the ultimate magic contest at Stonehenge. Acolytes of the Lost Masters run the games, setting up many challenges and spells. But they also solicit bribes and punish contestants. The Acolytes will crown the winning contestant as King of the Forest!
In Wizards of the Wild, you'll use custom sorcery dice to build your powers, acquiring unique spells and overcoming difficult challenges. Scheme to find clever magical combinations, or even take the shadow path to put your opponents in a tricky bind!
Do you enjoy King of Tokyo? Or love the combo powers in Seasons? Wizards of the Wild casts its own enchantments!
Each Player is an Animal Wizard!
Decree of the Acolyte
Acquiring Spells and Defeating Challenges
Using Your Spells
Just a few pages and you'll be off and running. It's super easy to play! Just click here:
Reviews/How to Play
Undead Viking's Review and How to Play:
- "I knew this would appeal to my daughter. It's one of those perfect games for her."
- "I really enjoy games that make me feel smart or clever. This game has all kinds of ripe moments for that."
- "This game is perfect for throwing in your backpack and playing over lunch. You can teach it in about 5 minutes and it's a heck-of-a-lot of fun!"
Father Geek - Review
- "Wizards of the Wild is small, but plays big."
- "This game has everything I love. The dice, the cards, the magic. It’s got it all."
- "The game is easy to teach, easy to play, but can be downright tricky to win."
Wizards of the Wild was awarded The Father Geek Seal of Approval! "Congratulations! The Father Geek Seal of Approval is a special approval we only give to those games that were found to be fun, challenging, and playable by a diverse group of players."
Print and Play Files
We want you to know exactly what you're getting. So why not check out the Print and Play files? All you need to do is download and print. There's 9 pages of cards (front and back), 3 pages of player boards, and 1 page for the scoreboard and dice. You'll have to provide your own dice.
Our cards are standard "poker" size (2 1/2" x 3 1/2"). You can sleeve the cards and still fit all of them in the box (2 decks of cards). The box is 5" x 8".
Pricing and Shipping
We’ve worked hard to put great components in the box for the price, which is 35% less than MSRP. We think you’ll be pleased. We’re gamers too and this means a lot to us. We've done our best to keep shipping costs low for everyone. As you see at the pledge levels, our shipping rates for a single game are:
- $3 United States
- $9 Canada
- $12 Rest of World
Who Are We?
Adam West and Dan Schnake have been designing and publishing games for 30 years as Crosscut Games Inc. They began with computer games in the 1980's and then moved into board games in 2008 with Galactic Emperor. They were one of the first companies to work with Panda Games Manufacturing.
Adam and Dan designed Ninjato, a critically acclaimed board game in 2011, publishing with Z-Man Games (now Filosofia), IELLO and White Goblin Games. They have worked with distributors Alliance and ACD throughout North America, along with Esdevium in the UK. They've worked with top artists across the globe, including Drew Baker, Glen Orbik and Peter Gifford. Most of all, Adam and Dan are gamers who care deeply about their work and will deliver a top notch product.
Risks and challenges
There's always risk with any enterprise. Though this is our first Kickstarter, it's far from our first publishing effort. We have self-published many games successfully for 30 years - both computer and board games. We know the common pitfalls, we've been through these things many times, and we've always delivered.
There are chances for delays with art, manufacturing, and shipping. We've minimized the risk with each of those elements -- we have several fine artists to rely on, we've worked with our manufacturer before, and our shipping solution is simple and reliable.
We are committed to staying in contact with you throughout the process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)