About this project
Hello & Welcome!
Thank you so much for visiting my Kickstarter page. My mission is to open a shared Gluten-Free kitchen in San Francisco, and I need your help to do it!
San Francisco is known for it's diversity and innovation, so it simply doesn't make sense that their isn't a single shared Gluten Free kitchen in this city!
There are so many gluten-free bakers and chefs who already work at shared kitchens, it only makes sense that we have our own! Zenbelly Kitchen offers a solution:
- A clean, safe workspace for GF chefs and bakers to create their goods
- A coffee shop store front, selling really good coffee and the amazing GF goods made in house
- A place for workshops and cooking classes, to help people learn more about the GF lifestyle
And for me, personally, it will allow my already existing catering business to:
- Go 100% gluten-free while still offering amazing food for everyone, not just those with Celiac
- Launch a meals-to-go & delivery service, featuring grass-fed meats from Fallon Hills Ranch, and organic local produce. California style comfort food to go. Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Paleo friendly!
Every little bit helps, and if you don't feel able, please share this project with anyone you feel would be interested. Myself, and countless health conscious and gluten-free eaters in the SF Bay Area THANK YOU!
We've got some great rewards set up at all levels of contribution ----->
And everyone is encouraged to stop in and see the space once it's open!
Your much appreciated contribution will help us:
- Purchase equipment for production, including prep tables, ovens, refrigeration, and storage
- Obtain a Gluten-Free certification
- Purchase initial supplies and ingredients
How Kickstarter Works: Zenbelly Kitchen will only receive the funding pledged if we reach our goal of $30,000. If we don't: Zilch! The good news is, we are allowed to exceed our goal, which would be beyond wonderful, not to mention extremely helpful! So if you aren't able to contribute financially, but love this idea, here are some Other ways to help:
- Share the link to this page on your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages
- Share the link to this page with friends and family
- If you're really enthusiastic and maybe a bit extroverted, I would be happy to send you some flyers to hand out!
So, what's up with all this talk about gluten lately, anyway?
It is estimated that for every 1 person diagnosed with gluten intolerance, there are 80 people that are undiagnosed. WOW! And did you know that even if you're not allergic or intolerant to gluten, it's still not at all good for you? It causes inflammation, which is the root of nearly every health problem. Each day, more and more people are switching to a gluten-free diet, even people who don't have a gluten intolerance. Just recently, a Gluten-Free cookbook was nominated for a James Beard award, which is among the most prestigious honors in the food industry. Thomas Keller, who is at the helm of what has been called The Best Restaurant in America, The French Laundry, has developed a gluten-free flour blend. It is crystal clear that the gluten-free lifestyle has gone mainstream.
Yet San Francisco does not have a shared gluten-free kitchen. We need one!
Beyond that, San Francisco needs a gluten-free catering company and meal delivery service, all of which are included in Zenbelly Kitchen's business plan.
About Zenbelly Catering:
Zenbelly Catering is a small but successful San Francisco based organic catering company owned by me, Simone. I have been catering both social and corporate events in the Bay Area since I moved here in 2007. (Under the name Delish Dish until 2011) While I am a member of a shared commercial kitchen, it's time for Zenbelly to move out on it's own into a location that allows me to specialize in my true passion: creating gluten-free cuisine that feels like coming home to celiacs and those with gluten intolerance, that can also be shared with the most die-hard gluten eaters. (And if people are inspired to eat healthier because of it, even better!) I am overjoyed to have this opportunity, and look forward to moving Zenbelly Catering to it's new home - Zenbelly Kitchen!
Recent press about the Gluten Free lifestyle:
Support this project
- (38 days)