About this project
We really appreciatte your support to our project, since it will help us create and design better solutions, so that there are more and more cyclists in the street.
When choosing your pledge, indicate us the color of the bike bag you want (the following colors can serve you as a referral).
Take your color !
You can choose an exclusive sport T - Shirt with feran ice technology, orange or black, depends on your style ! When choosing your T - Shirt, we will need you to indicate your gender, color option and size. (Male: S, M, L - Female: S, M, L)
- Note: Should you want to donate, but do not want a reward back, there is an option on the Donate screen that let´s you do so. -
The Kal bag is the smallest of them all, it has a 5 liter capacity, enough to carry a 10'' tablet, any bike tools and a book or diary.
The Kal model is designed to fit in the bike frame, ideally a fixie or route bicycle. It also fits on the handlebars of the bike!
On the outside of the Kal bag you will find an easy access pocket, where you can easily store your mobile and keys.
Like almost every BICLA bag, the Kal model can be used as a normal bag once it has been removed from the bike.
The Mul model bag has a 10 liter capacity, enough to carry a 13,3" laptop or tablet, the bike tools and a book or diary .
This model is designed to fit on the bike´s rack or on the handlebars of a foldable bicycle, this will depend of the joints you use.
On the outside of the Mul bag you will find an easy access pocket, where you can easily store your mobile, keys and wallet.
Like almost every BICLA bag, the Mul model can be used as a normal bag once it has been removed from the bike, as it has an adjustable strap.
The Yak model bag has a 15 liter capacity, enough to carry a laptop up to 16" and it accessories, the bike tools, a book or diary and some extra clothing.
This model is designed to fit on the bike´s rack from any mountain bike or any type of bicycle that has this type of rack.
On the outside of the Yak bag you will find an easy access pocket, in which you can easily store your mobile, keys and wallet.
Like almost every BICLA bag, the Yak model can be used as a normal bag once it has been removed from the bike, as it has an adjustable strap.
The Buey bag is just as cool as the Yak bag, the difference is that once it has been removed from the bike, you can use it as a comfortable backpack.
This is a demo, so you can see how our BUEY bike bag can be turned into conventional bags, when not riding your bike.
A trip to Patagonia with some of the Bicla group !
A trip to Patagonia with the Bicla team ! We are going to provide you a special edition of our cycling saddle bags and travel with you throughout the trip. A bike will be waiting for you in Chile. Delicious camping meals await you ! There´s going to be a team in charge of the security of the trip, traveling by car with us... Come and join us !
Watch a summary of BICLA´s experience in the south of Chile. We bet you that you will not be able to resist an opportunity like this to ride through this scenery.
All of our bags have the following characteristics:
- Metal buckles and joints: exclusively designed by BICLA and hand polished, our buckles and joints do their work at various points within the bag.
- Water resistant: BICLA uses Polycordura and incorporates a roll-up system in its bags, keeping your belongings dry even under extreme raining conditions in the city.
- Safety compartment: a rigid yet cushioned compartment within the bag that let cyclists transport their Laptops and Tablets safely. The base and the back of the bike bags are padded, so your belongings will be protected from the bumps in the road.
Here is the inside of the bag, we cut one of our bags so you can see one side (with the pocket) and the other side (with the padded division).
- Leather applications or recycled bicycle inner tubes: in order to better resist friction, with the rack or the bycicle itself, we use genuine leather in the places where the bag meets the latter. For the eco-friendly version named Chris bag, we use recycled bicycle inner tubes instead the leather.
- Size flexibility: BICLA´s roll out system let you have even more space.
- Stays with you all day !: when not riding your bike, you can transform the bike bag into different types of regular bags; the type will just depend on the BICLA model you have chosen.
-How to install the pannier in the bike:
After riding our bikes in the city for years, we got tired of not having a solution to carry our things around, both when riding our bikes and when not doing so. Unsafe transportation and storage was part of our daily lives.
The market did not have an answer to our needs... and so, we decided to design our own bike bags that suit our lifestyles.
We manufactured various products for ourselves, people liked them, and started to ask us to make some for them (friends and family).
The latter showed us that there was a larger cycling community that we could appeal to, by tackling their transportation needs.
So we started a business plan, while we did prototypes and tests to improve our ideas.
We participated with our first prototypes in an innovation and entrepreneurship university contest, JUMPChile 2012... and we won! We couldn´t have been more thrilled and decided to continue our enterprise.
During the next summer, we decided to test our designs against one of the harshest cycling tests of all: a pedaling tour through Patagonia´s Carretera Austral. For these purposes, we designed touring bike bags.
The road, the rain and the wind truly put our bike bags to the test, and even our own resistance. To our happiness, our belongings stayed dry during our entire trip. We cannot say the same about ourselves...
This trip had an enormous value and we were able to extrapolate extreme user´s needs as are sport bikers´, into urban cycling.
Nowadays, we are dedicated to developing new products, always open to receiving our users feedback.
Hence, BICLA´s bike bags are made to help you by helping you to transport your things on your way to work, school, university, or whatever your destination might be, in a safe, comfortable yet stylish way.
What will you be investing in?
We need your help to make this vision of life a reality, to turn our passion into what we do, our work.
Our products are ready to go out, but to take it to the next level we need to solve the problems of the scale for a first production. The 100% of the money raised will go towards the first production run of the bike bags. These funds will allow us to meet the minimum order quantities set by our different suppliers for certified materials.
- December 2013 - Project Launch.
Funding cycle complete. As soon as our funding targets are met, with pledging continuing, we plan to expedite sourcing and manufacturing.
Pre-Production sourcing all the materials needed for production.
- January 2014 - Process all orders / Purchase Materials / Begin production.
- February 2014 - Ongoing production continues.
- March 2014 - Production complete / Quality control inspection | Logistics and order fulfillment begins.
- April 2014 - Arrive the bike bags for all our customers that choose Kal or Mul bag.
- May 2014 - Arrive the last bike bags, Yak and Buey ready to ride your bike in spring!!
Keep in touch with us
Risks and challenges
Complexity of order fulfilment - We will make sure that you receive your product upon request. However, the latter depends on the correct functioning of the platform. Shipments can eventually have delays, but we will be supervising and making sure that we fullfill the timings we promise.
Product adjustments - As we continue to test our bags, products may be subject to adjustments, which will be made having your needs in mind, always. We'll let you know should the product you ordered may have underwent modifications in relation to what that specifications you know, are.
Colors may vary in relation to what can be communicated virtually. No matter what color you receive, we are sure that you will enjoy riding with your BICLA bike bag.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (40 days)