Exzore: The Rising
An open world Action RPG game set in a medieval world - featuring mechanical medieval gadgets, factions, modular crafting and much more
Exzore: The Rising
An open world Action RPG game set in a medieval world - featuring mechanical medieval gadgets, factions, modular crafting and much more
Important Note to Visitors and Backers:
We are currently in PRE-ALPHA stage of development. Any in-game footage you see is subjected to improve greatly as the game matures; as we hit the polishing stage. Please keep an eye out for updates.
Exzore: The Rising is a third-person, open world, RPG game set in the fictional world of Eogaan, during the medieval times. Damien Clive, ex-commander of the ‘Exzore’ army unit, loses everything after being betrayed. He emerges from the ashes to seek retribution and regain his honour.
Equip mechanical gadgets that give you special abilities and use them to your advantage during combat and exploration. Combine your Exzore abilities and weapon swings to punish your enemies in most devastating ways. Craft and modify your mechanical gadgets, weapons, and armours to tailor your own combat style. Develop your character using the dynamic skill system to become a legendary warrior or a mighty guardian. Explore the vast open world - vanquishing foes, pulling through erratic weather, facing political conspiracies and uncovering ancestral secrets.
All of this and more – brought to life with stunning visuals using Unreal Engine 4.
- Planned platforms: PC (Windows), Xbox One*, PlayStation4*
- Release date: Q4, 2018
- Approximate gameplay time: 60+ hours
* Publishing on XboxOne and PlayStation4 is subject to approval by the platform holders.
- Play as an Exzore – As Master Exzore, you have the ability to equip up to six unique mechanical gadgets at a time - to help in combat and exploration. Each of these gadgets is different from one another and offer unique special abilities.
- Faction Affinity System – Favor any faction of your choice to get special missions, rewards, benefits, and abilities. Each faction has its own motivations and agendas. Choose your faction carefully as it may alter the game progression and ending.
- Companion – Icarus, your pet Golden Eagle is your most trusted ally in the field. Use his abilities to perform various scouting activities, right from spotting targets or treasures to aiding in combat.
- Dynamic World – Feel the game world react to various natural factors like time, seasons, weather (rain, snowfall, the wind), day-night cycle etc. Player interaction and exploration alter the game world, making it more alive.
- Smart Characters and Enemies – Every character in the game has his/her own mind and will develop through the game. Everyone, right from common town folk to your greatest enemies will get smarter and stronger as you level up too.
- Nonlinear Quests – Every quest in the game is designed to be completed in many different ways. Every choice has its own unique outcomes and consequences.
- Unique Combat system – Indulge in well-crafted combat system containing smart and challenging foes. Mix and match multiple Exzore abilities in combination with your weapons to create powerful combos.
The large world of Eogaan allures to be explored. You'll visit the high streets and back alleys of the politically rotten Grand City of Kymoria; delve into the wet and dirty swamps of Cighir Morass where Oorun Tree remains at its greatness; trek through the frigid erratic parts of Qaark Heights where there is a deep underground iron mine; and the thick jungles of Crossroads that is filled with ruins, abandoned settlements and spoils of war.
Having four main regions that are very diverse from each other, Eogaan houses a broad mix of fascinating people from different factions and social classes - everything from filth covered beggars to the wealthiest of kings. Eogaan is filled with sprawling cities, majestic castles, unfathomed caves, dozens of settlements, thick forest, long rivers, abandoned ruins, forts, battlegrounds and much more! The world lives alongside you and resonates with your every action. It also has a complex ecosystem, dynamic seasons and beautiful natural organic spaces, to make exploration more exciting.
The Four Factions Of Eogaan
There are four factions in Eogaan, each having its own community of people, following their own faction rules. They have different motivations and are not in good terms with each other. As you play the game, your interactions between the different factions will affect the game's story and how it progresses.
Not your typical RPG
Right from the pre-production, we decided not to go down the usual RPG road. We do not have magic, monsters, dragons, elves or giants. We focused more on reality, but we also wanted to include some kind of fantasy element to the game, if not it would become a sheer medieval simulator. We want to make an RPG that is very unique; to deliver something exciting that gamers will remember. This is why we introduced the concept of having special abilities using mechanical gadgets, fitted on unique humans called "Exzores"
Our well-designed modular crafting system allows you to make your own weapons and armours. Each weapon or armour is made up of 3 pieces, each holding unique stats, buffs or infliction debuffs. You can mix and combine any 3 pieces in respective slots to create your unique equipment to your heart's content.
Rewarding Open World
You have the complete freedom to just pick a point and venture off to explore unique places of interest. Experience encounters, ambushes, nonlinear events and much more. Discover lore stones and unlock special mission branches which lead to ancestral treasures. There are four diverse regions that have differences not only in aesthetics but also in the life it inhibits and resources it can offer.
Develop your character by spending your experience points on stats, level ups, perks and skills. There are 4 skill trees available to hone Damien’s skills in combat and exploration. Take up the ‘Guardian’ stance wielding fine longswords or be a ‘Warrior’ wielding mighty hammers and axes. Become a gadget master by maxing out the ‘Deadly Exzore’ skill tree or master exploration by training your eagle using the ‘Falconer’ skill tree. The skill tree is designed carefully to give a meaningful impact on how you want to play the game.
The inhabitants of Eogaan know how to have a good time. Take a break from your adventure and visit a local tavern to participate in knife throwing or fist fighting. Play for fun or fame but also earn coins and unique rewards. Will you beat the best in all four factions to become the champion of Eogaan?
Although there are cool mechanics, repetitive or grinding quests can make the game boring after a point. That is why our quests are all crafted carefully to add significance to the game's story and progression. Instead of overwhelming the player with an insane number of soulless quests, we want to rather ensure that the ones we have are rich in detail, highly immersive and unique. We do have a decent amount of quests; just not too many insignificant ones, just to make the game longer.
You decide what to do, how to do!
Our game world is large and filled with opportunities which you can choose to use or abuse. Every quest in the game will have multiple ways of doing it, and you will be given the option to choose which path you want to follow. Each path will yield different rewards, and affinities will be altered according to the choices you make. Every choice you make in the game will have consequences; sometimes your choice may even change the game world and the progression. Being a hero or a villain is entirely up to you!
Damien Clive, the master Exzore has been betrayed by one of his own men, Devon Allmand. He gets stabbed twice by Devon himself in an ambush. He fails to save his king; to fulfil his primary duty as an Exzore Commander. Upon recovery, he emerges from the death bed and sets off on an adventure to reclaim his honour. He aims to take revenge on Devon and to retake the lost kingdom to hand it over to the rightful King. This is not a simple feat and Damien cannot do this alone! He has to find and regroup the banished Exzores and also get support from factions. During his adventure, he also uncovers the secrets of his ancestors to become a "Legendary Exzore".
- Thank You Note: You will be receiving a ‘Thank You!’ note from us as a token of gratitude.
- Hi-Res Wallpapers: You will be receiving 2 exclusive 4K wallpapers. 4 wallpapers from £20
- Digital copy of the game: You will be able to download a digital copy of Exzore: The Rising.
- Forum Badges: Each backer will be receiving a unique forum badge which you can access Exzore: The Rising forums.
- Digital Soundtrack of the game: You will able to download Volume 1 of the game's Official Soundtrack. Also Volume 2 from £30
- End Game Credits: Your name will come up in ‘Special Thanks’ section in the end game credits.
- In-Game starter kit: This kit contains a medium level sword, armour, and little amount of in-game currencies just to give you a head start.
- Digital copy of art book: You will get a PDF copy which contains 45+ pages of artwork done for the game.
- Early access key: You will gain early access to the game. This is similar to Steam's early access.
- 3D Print Data: You will receive an •OBJ file containing a heroic pose of Damien. Using that data file you can print your own figurine.
- Physical copy of the game: You will receive your own copy of the game in a standard Blu-Ray box.
- Physical copy of soundtrack: You will receive your own copy of the game’s soundtrack, both Volume 1 & 2, in a standard DVD pouch.
- Physical copy of art book: Book will contain 45+ pages of exclusive artwork, printed on quality stock paper.
- Physical copy of map: You will receive a game map printed on 11.7” x 16.5” quality stock poster paper.
- Posters/ Signed posters by developers: You will receive 3, 11.7” x 16.5” full-color poster of the game signed by members of the development team.
- Coasters: You will receive 2 coasters of the game factions, in which you can rest your beverage while playing Exzore: The Rising.
- Laptop Stickers: You will receive a 11.7" x 16.5" sheet of high-quality laptop stickers of Exzore: The Rising.
- T-Shirts: You will receive a T-Shirt containing Exzore: The Rising design on it.
- Icarus Skins: You can customize Icarus's anklet and hood of your choice.
- Gadget Skins: You can customize Damien's gadgets of your choice.(Exclusive for the Kickstarter backers)
- Exclusive Kickstarter Armour: You'll be able to equip an armour for Damien which is exclusive for the Kickstarter backers.
- Exclusive Kickstarter Weapons: You'll be able to equip weapons, exclusively engraved sword and hammer which is only available for Kickstarter backers.
- Discord backer Channel: You will gain access to backer's channel in Discord where you can discuss about the game. Be the first to know about the game's announcements.
- Discord DEV Channel: You will gain access to DEV channel in discord where you can chat up with the DEV team.
- Sack Bag: You will receive a drawstring backpack containing Exzore: The Rising design on it.
- Cloth Map: You will receive a game map printed on 11.7” x 16.5”quality cloth.
- Hardcover collector's art book: A hardcover bound book containing 50+ pages printed on quality stock paper, with artworks and story of the game.
- Faction Flag: You will receive a faction flag symbol printed on 40 x 100 cms genuine 100D polyester high-quality fabric.
- Skype with developers: Backers can have a chat with the developers for in-depth news of the game development. Other game devs can also ask questions regarding the development of Exzore: The Rising.
- Dev-Blogs: You can have access to all our "making of" development videos and techniques involved in the making of the game.
- You can be an NPC: You can send us your photographs of your face and we will turn you into one of a character in the game. We will also send you visual updates and ask if you need any changes.
- Design a mission with us: You can design a unique secondary mission with us (within the game constraints). You will be given special credits.
- Exclusive In-game Loadout: You will receive an in-game content containing a rare item, (with appropriate level restrictions) for you to use in the game + the previous in-game starter kit.
- Figurine: You will receive a quality die-cast 6" action figure of Damien Clive, lead character.
- Castle Miniature: You will receive a high-quality die cast 8.27" × 11.69" Castle miniature of the main kingdom from the game.
- Associate producers: Your name will come up in the beginning and ending titles of the game as associate producers.
Important note about Shipping of Physical Rewards
Shipping will be charged after the campaign ends, at the time of fulfilment and is not included in the pledge amount. This is done so we do not over-charge you, as shipping costs fluctuate over time. When we contact you to verify your address right before we send out the rewards, we will let you know about the shipping cost. Please be prepared to pay 50% of the shipping cost; because we will bear rest of the 50% from our end. For example, if shipping costs us £6, you will pay half of it (£3)
Here's what you can do:
- Give us 3000 likes and 100 shares on our official Facebook page and we will release 2 Soundtracks in high quality for free.
- 2000 followers on our Twitter account and 250 Retweets on Kickstarter launch. We will reveal the Arch enemy of Damien.
- 700 Subscribers on our official Youtube channel. We will give you guys the access to play in Demo arena to practice your combat skills.
We have a well-experienced music production and sound design team in-house; who has worked on quite a few games and films. We are highly passionate about Medieval and tribal music which makes it excellent for the project. Here are a few soundtracks of what we produced for the game:
Exzore: The Rising is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. UE4 has proven to be one of the most powerful game engine available and has powered many cutting-edge games like Gears of War, Days gone, Eve Valkyrie etc. The engine provides us with excellent features like PBR rendering, HFGI, DFAO, post process effects, dynamic lighting, soft shadows, etc., which brings out the true next-gen feel to our game's visuals. The powerful level building tools help us craft vast, beautiful, rich, load-free seamless world. In addition to this, thanks to the UE4’s extensibility, we have developed many in-house tools that help us implement all the complex game systems with ease.
We have also implemented various other features which will improve the visuals and make the game feel more real. We have implemented our own full body IK system so that the characters interact better with the game environment.
Our characters get affected by their actions and also by the various changes in the game world. For example, Damien gets sweaty if he runs in warm regions, gets bloody during combat depending on how it goes, get dusty when exploring windy and dirty areas and much more!
The AI in our game is made smart. All Elite Enemies can learn and remember your moves so that they can resist or react to your attacks/abilities next time you fight them. You will have to use a different strategy to vanquish them.
Exzore: The Rising is being developed by Tiny Shark Interactive. We are currently a 14 member team driven by our passion for games and the medieval era. Although, as a studio, this will be our first game the team is not new to the industry. We have highly skilled individuals with industry experience levels ranging from 4 to 11 years. We have individually worked on various AAA and Indie titles - so we are familiar with the challenges that we might face in making a game like this. We have a clear vision, detailed design, experienced team, proven tools and technology to power our development.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
We are currently being funded by a private investor who has agreed to fund the 'development' of our game. But we wish to publish the game by ourselves. In this case, we will have to follow strict budget constraints that will affect the development. This may force us to take creative risks and remove some features from the game. This will make the game smaller in scale and lesser in quality, but we don't want that!
We don't want to just make a good game that sells, but we want to make an AWESOME game that is unique, memorable and special to the gamers! We want to keep immersion and quality as top priorities, during development.
When we expressed this to our investor, he gave us a good deal. He promised that, if we show that there is a big fan base for RPGs and our innovative game features are well received by the gamers, he would, in fact, increase his investment. This means we can implement everything that we planned for, and also have enough funds to publish and market the game. We do not have worry too much about budget constraints and develop the game without compromising on design, visuals or overall quality.
Risks and challenges
RPGs are big games with complex mechanics and our game has strong innovative features. It is definitely complicated to develop, and there are many risks involved. We’ve tried to minimize these risks by selecting proven technology and assembling a strong, passionate and experienced team containing industry experts.
TEAM: The advantage of being a small team is that we are very flexible and can adapt to situations on the go. We’ve carefully planned our development in a smart way with detailed game documentation, clearly defined goals, setting realistic milestones etc. Besides, we are being backed by strong investors who are keen on getting the game out.
The reason for our Kickstarter campaign is to use the funds to give us a little more freedom for the development team to ensure the game is fully done with excellent quality before launching it. The main challenge is to announce a fully accurate delivery date, which is not possible to do before we know how much funding we have. As funding increases, it will allow us to increase the scope and depth of the product.
MINOR DELAYS: We work extremely hard on tight schedules to make sure we deliver what we promise. However, if we have to make choices between quality and time, we always strive for quality. We do not want delays, but sometimes a little delay could yield huge results. So, we will have to accept it - this goes for both demos and final product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)