This November 2013, more than 25 artist-run entities will create collaborative exhibitions, projects, and programming in a variety of venues across the city of Philadelphia. Word is getting out about this month-long celebration of Philadelphia contemporary art that will include performances, panel discussions, gallery openings, and a publication.
We need your support to:
- publish an exhibition catalogue, an index of the contemporary art scene in Philadelphia and an in-depth look at the structure of alternative art spaces and collaborative works.
- move people, free shuttle services allow new audiences to explore venues throughout the city.
- spread the word, engaging a larger audience through wide-spread promotion.
- match funds from the Knight Art Challenge: in order to meet the requirements of our grant, we need to raise money from our generous community.
Be a part of this great endeavor – and be rewarded.
- please join, our emailing list, via our webiste:
Stay informed, receive emails containing news, about upcoming events and opening receptions. As we work on creating our very special Kickstarter rewards, we will email pictures!
CITYWIDE is the proud recipient of a 2013 John S. and James L. Knight Foundation Arts Challenge Grant. The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation’s Knight Arts Challenge is a $9 million initiative funding innovative projects that engage and enrich Philadelphia’s communities-- like CITYWIDE!
Risks and challenges
CITYWIDE is an enormous collaborative endeavor.
Taken as a whole, our group of Philadelphia collective art spaces makes a formidable entity with established and diverse community partnerships and audiences. We are reaching out to these constituents for support for CITYWIDE.
If you have questions, you may contact us at:
- (30 days)