- Planned Platforms: PC, MAC, Linux
Steam Greenlight Page
Go vote yes for us! Help us reach the front page to spread the word!
- EmergeNYC aims towards the fans of games such as Emergency 4, Grand Theft Auto, and LCPDFR, giving an accurate and realistic simulation that is easy to balance between casual play and role playing. It will also be flexible for players of all ages and tastes. The game has the possibility to be something revolutionary in RTS gaming. Not only in the gaming community, but also in the Fire Department, Police Department and other Emergency Services.
Dive into a recreation of Midtown Manhattan featuring the fictional firehouse of Engine Company 32 Ladder Company 66 and Battalion 5, and an adjoining police precinct. These 2 buildings wil have fully explorable interiors and multiple floors such as offices, bunk rooms, locker rooms, and the apparatus floor.
- Accurate recreations of FDNY Apparatus, NYPD cars, citywide ambulances and civil vehicles.
Realistic emergency lighting and fire effects reflect off of windows, walls, and other vehicles.
Take control and drive your vehicles through traffic and use your siren to clear pedestrians and vehicles out of the way.
Respond to dozens of different crimes and emergencies ranging from injured pedestrians, to a building on fire. You will never be too sure whats going on until you arrive.
Dynamic fire will spread unless stopped, it can start on a chair, and by the time you arrive, the entire apartment could be inflames. Can you save the rest of the building before its too late?
- Switch out of the standard Real Time Strategy game play, take direct control and drive your units around traffic and through red lights carefully while avoiding cars and pedestrians. Take control of the nozzle and spray the fire down. Take control of the ladder truck and get it to a window or roof.
Watch from afar as the streets of Manhattan come to life or dive in and get close and personal with the people walking on them.
- Play online with up to 12-32 players and race to be first due to the scene. Cooperate and efficiently distribute your resources to where they may be needed.
- Rank Up your Multiplayer character and unlock weapons, vehicles, and equipment.
Search through buildings with multiple floors, break down doors and walls to reach people who are trapped.
Chase down suspects through the streets, behind buildings and through alleyways. Request backup but don't let him get away.
Treat your patients, check his vitals, beat the clock in time to save them. Are they not breathing? Perform rescue breathing to save them. Is their heart stopped? Bring out the defibrillators.
Become a master dispatcher. Its up to you to save the people of New York City when they need it. Will you succeed or will you fail.
More to be announced...
Risks and challenges
This project needs YOU to become a reality. Its all or nothing when it comes to kickstarter, meaning; if we don't reach the minimum funds for our project, we do not receive any of the funds to continue our project. We can always receive more, but no less.This would also show that the demand for a game like this would not be high enough and it would not be worth dedicating the time into it.
Our small team is experienced in many fields (3D Art, and design, and others) however programming is not a big one of them. To make this project a reality, we need a very experienced coder who can oversee our developments. Obviously these kind of people don't come free, the project will be nearly impossible if we are unable to hire a coder. We will be allocating 50% of our funding to hiring an experienced coder(s).
There are dozens of assets available that can give us a great head start such as Mixamo.com is a great website to use to animate characters in minutes. Should our funding succeed we will allocate 1000$ to a years subscription over at Mixamo, giving our firefighters, police officers, and civilians realistic motion captured animations, and another $5000 to the rest of the assets.
With this project, anything is possible. Its up to you guys and the community to decide how bad you want it. Share this page, share the video, tell your firefighter friends, tell your police officer friends, tell you're paramedic friends, share this on video game forums, on you tube, on imgur. The better you can get the word out, the more chance the project can be finished. If we succeed in our funding we can guaranty we will deliver our product, however, if we are not able to reach our minimum funding, we will have to close down our project as there would be little to no demand. Sadly, that is the way it is.
So please, help us. Pledge to our project and you can receive the rewards listed on the side. Without you there is no EmergeNYC.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)