Tabletop baseball games are nearly as old as baseball itself. Until video games came along, they were the only way to play baseball without putting on a glove and grabbing a bat!
But tabletop baseball games never really went mainstream. Some of them were too simplistic and didn't appeal to fans of the real game, while others were so complex, other board game fans gave up - it took forever to sort through reams of charts and calculations just to see if the batter got a hit!
That's where All-Star Lineup Baseball (ASLB) comes in. This is NOT your grandpa's baseball simulation - it's an evolution!
As with most tabletop baseball games, you roll dice, then check outcomes to see the result, and the game moves along from there. But that's just the tip of the iceberg.
ALL-STAR LINEUP BASEBALL:
- ...is easy to setup.
- ...is fast-paced: You can play a Basic game in 20-30 minutes.
- ...is focused on head-to-head play, but playable solo as well.
- ...doesn't require charts or flipping pages to look up outcomes
- ...includes stats from real big-league players, presented on each player card in an intuitive manner.
- ...has both Basic and Advanced play modes
- ...includes a gorgeous 14x24 playmat that allows you to track all the action on your tabletop
- ...ability to order additional Wildcard decks, including Ballparks, Injuries, Special Plays, and more to customize your game!
- ...allows you to order additional Team, Postseason, and Season card sets
** Download a FREE Demo version of the game at www.barstoolgames.net **
For a look at the Full Version gameplay, click here: https://youtu.be/J1gddcKd5hI
The Full Version of the game includes:
- The full Advanced rules set to expand the game and give you more in-depth, “realistic” game results, still with no additional charts or lookup tables needed including:
- Color-coded Player ratings for Hitting, Pitching, Stolen Bases, Fielding
- Platoon Splits (Lefty vs Righty) for every batter/pitcher combination
- Optional Ballpark type (Hitter vs Pitcher’s park), and Weather modifiers that can be used to affect play.
• 4 teams (2016 & 2017 Fall Classic teams) of full-color, perforated cards to take advantage of the Advanced rules set.
Each Team Set contains 25-30 cards
14 position players
1 “Pitcher Batter” to stand in for weak-hitting pitchers as needed
Up to 5 Pitcher hitting cards
10 Pitchers, including Closer
• A full color, 14x24 neoprene game playmat with room for both Home and Visitor lineups that allows you to track OUTS, INNINGS, Score, runner positions on the base paths, and tokens to help you track which batters are on base.
• A custom dice set that includes:
o Black Pitcher Dice Set: d6, d8, d20
o Red Batter Dice Set: d6, d20
o SAFE/OUT d6 (custom artwork)
o Brown infield d6 (numbered 1-6) for GROUNDOUTS, SAC BUNTS and LINEOUTS
o Blue outfield d6 (LEFT/CENTER/RIGHT field custom artwork) for DOUBLES, TRIPLES, & SAC FLIES
o Green d9 for player selection, SINGLES & FLYOUTS
• Additional Wildcards that include Momentum Shifts, Injuries, Bench-Clearing Brawls, and plenty of other action to add another level or realism to games.
• The ability to order additional Team, Full Season (30 teams), or Post Season (10 teams) sets of full-color, perforated, glossy card stock player cards. You cannot order additional team sets if you don’t own the full version of the game.
All-Star Lineup Baseball is the baseball game everyone in your family will love to play, whether they are die-hard fans, or just casual players - and it just might give grandpa's old games a run for their money too!
Risks and challenges
Sticking to the concept of making the game simple to play, yet complex enough to satisfy die-hard tabletop baseball fans has been a challenge. Using color-coded cards has allowed all the data to be presented in an easy-to-use format, with no additional charts needed.
There is no other tabletop baseball game out there with a unique card design like this - and it makes all the difference!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)