Introducing the Convertible Bike Briefcase
The Convertible Bike Briefcase is the most organized laptop pannier for bike commuters. It quickly converts between pannier and briefcase.
Messenger style briefcase for biking to work.
Quickly converts to pannier that attaches to any bike rack.
Specifically organized for daily items on the commute.
Travel-ready for working from the coffee shop, plane or office.
Briefcase handles and removable padded shoulder strap for off-bike carry.
What Makes the Convertible Bike Briefcase Special?
The Best of Both Worlds
The Convertible Bike Briefcase converts between a bike rack mounted pannier and a professional messenger style briefcase in a matter of seconds. Its a hybrid bag designed specifically for biking to work. It doesn't look, function or carry like any pannier you've seen before.
Secure Rack Mounting System
The German-made Rixen & Kaul Klickfix hooks (blue) lock the pannier to the bike rack. Additional mini inserts are included that clip inside the hooks (if necessary) for small diameter bike racks.
Note: For best riding fit, mount bag on the rear left-side of bike rack
How It Works
Place the bag with open hooks onto the bike rack. Then close the two catches (blue) to lock the bag on the bike rack. Then use the bottom quick release strap to secure the bag to the side of the bike rack.
Organized Pocket Sections
Section 1: Padded Laptop & Accessories Organization
Section 2: Daily Trip Items Organization
Section 3: Accessories (Phone/Passport/Keys/Cords)
Section 4: Rain Cover / Wet Gear (Front Pocket)
Removable Padded Shoulder Strap
Briefcase Carry Handles
Rolling Luggage Attachment
The briefcase lower strap conveniently connects around your rolling luggage's retractable handle. The briefcase handles loop over the top to securely fasten it to your suitcase.
- 600 Denier Polyester with TPE waterproof coating & UV protection
- Weather protected zipper covers
- Fluorescent neon rain cover included
- Hidden compartment to access hardware (repair/replace)
- Angled pannier design (provides maximum pedal heel clearance)
- Rolling luggage attachment
- Internal frame sheet provides structure and support
- Quick-access, padded laptop pocket (fits up to 17" laptop)
- Additional sleeve for second laptop or tablet
- Internal mesh zip pockets (2)
- Mesh organizer pockets for chargers and accessories (2)
- Open mesh passport pockets (2)
- Key fob leashes (2)
- Pen organizers (4)
- Loop for attaching flashing light
- Reflective details for night visibility
- Rock Lockster Quick Release Hardware
- Japanese YKK Zippers
- Zipper pulls to allow access with gloves
- Dimensions: 16" x 12" x 6"
- Weight: 1.5 kg / 3.3 lbs
- Volume: 20 Litres
- Momentum Magazine "a hugely impressive bag which offers much more organization than any other bicycle bag I’ve come across."
- Rob's Run and Ride Blog "professional but slightly rugged. Polished enough for the office but tough enough for a rainy west coast bicycle commute."
In the Media
What the media is saying about our products:
Here is what our customers say about our existing products:
Introducing the 2018 Product Line-up
This Spring we are launching upgraded models of the Classic 2.0 Garment Pannier and the Pannier Backpack Convertible. Backers get the first chance to reserve the new 2018 line.
All Two Wheel Gear bags feature
- Waterproof TPE coated 600 Denier Polyester - UV protected
- Weatherproof design for year-round commuting
- Secure attachment system for standard bike racks (6-12mm)
- Padded laptop pocket (15.6 inch laptop)
- Include high visibility rain cover
The Pannier Backpack Convertible (2018 Edition)
The hybrid bike bag that converts from Pannier to Backpack in seconds. Designed for commuting to work, campus and weekend flexibility.
Pannier Backpack Features
- Converts from pannier to backpack in seconds
- Foam padded zipper panel conceals the pannier mounting system
- 24 Litres of storage to organize your laptop and daily accessories
Classic 2.0 Garment Pannier (2018 Edition)
The Garment Pannier is the bike suit bag designed to keep your clothes protected, wrinkle-free and off your back on your ride to work.
Garment Pannier Features
- Hangs up to 5 garments for daily commuting or business travel
- Carry on your bike as pannier and transfer to padded shoulder strap or briefcase handles off the bike
- 55 Litres of storage to organize your laptop, documents, shoes, lunch, tools and accessories
Inspired by You
Since 1999, we've been making home-made bike bags for bike commuters like you. Our passionate customers have been guiding us the entire time. Through deeply routed "pen pal" exchanges, feedback surveys and lengthy phone interviews we've found out what sucks and what is worth seeing through. You've inspired us to make the best bags possible for biking to work. After much feedback, we created the bag concept most voted on by our loyal fans. We are listening.
About Two Wheel Gear
Two Wheel Gear is about biking to work.
Our roots dig back to 1999. Craig Coulombe borrowed his mother-in-law’s sewing machine and created the world’s first (and possibly ugliest) suit bag to fasten to his bike. He then enlisted his college roommate Ken MacLean to help sell them.
Reid Hemsing took the reigns and started building on Craig and Ken's legacy in 2009. In 2014, the company's mission went full force.
We are still a small startup with some amazing experience and impressive capabilities. We have a cast of supporting employees that fluctuate between 1-5. We now work with a world-class manufacturing partner that is part of MEC's ethical sourcing program.
Production and Fulfillment
We Always Deliver.
We started this in the basement workshop. We know every stitch, zipper, buckle, and notion. We manufacture in a world-class facility that also produces technical bags for the US military. Our quality is top of the industry.
Risks and challenges
We always deliver. We are reliable, honest and pride ourselves on great communication with our customers and backers.
While there are risks and possible delays with any project, our partnerships and company track record allows us to minimize these as much as possible.
We are highly experienced in production and delivery logistics. We work with professional freight forwarders, warehouses and fulfilment partners. We don't rest until our gear is safely in the hands of our customers.
We are 75% of the way to completion of this project. You will get your gear and you will love it!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (24 days)