Reclamation is a roleplaying game that combines sci-fi, fantasy, and survival horror themes with a 100% unique game system. Read more
This project was successfully funded on December 3, 2011.
About this project
Stretch Goal $8,000.00
If we hit 8K...
- Backers of $25.00 or more will get a PDF mini-adventure
- New rules for "hybrid classes" will be written.
- The Kickstarter community will collaboratively build a haven-city that will be described in detail in the core guidebook.
Hi! Thanks for checking out my Kickstarter project for Reclamation—a post-apocalyptic horror RPG where players take on the role of dystopian heroes fighting to “reclaim” the shattered remnants of civilization from a world plagued by radiation and monstrous creatures transformed by the nuclear fallout.
Once published, Reclamation will be around 250 B&W pages of pure dystopian action, suspense, and intrigue! I realize that “color” pages are more desirable, but that would literally increase the price of the game from somewhere in the $20-30 range to $75-80. Besides, I personally believe that the B&W look complements the dark setting of this role-playing game. The money received from your pledges will of course be used to produce your custom deliverables, but they will also go towards paying artists to complete the giant order of pictures that I need to complete this 7-year project of mine. In addition to the other pledge awards, I will also let you know which pictures were “adopted” thanks to your pledges!
Here are a couple screenshots. Once again, the book is written; I just need help with printing and the cost of artwork.
For more information about me or Reclamation, check out my blog at www.architectgames.wordpress.com.
Here are a few "selling points" for Reclamation. This is admittedly pointed towards gamers with experience with other RPGs.
- Homegrown ACE System – The ACE (All Creative Exceptions) system that I have developed is unlike any other RPG on the market; it is the creative culmination of 15+ years of rocking out RPGs nerd-style! In Reclamation, players typically work in cooperation with the main storyteller (called the FateDealer) to create new rules on the fly using the guidelines outlined in the book. The ACE system means anything is possible and everyone has a say in the action. The focus is placed on your creativity and the unfolding story, not the rules.
- Dice-less Gaming – No dice are used in Reclamation. ::gasp:: I know, right?! Instead, each player has a 52-card playing deck (called the Fate Deck) that's used to resolve all action in the game. Reclamation takes advantage of several unique gaming elements that cards offer over dice, and as you'll come to find out, it speeds up the action of the game immensely!
- Unique Settings & Themes – While the overarching backdrop of every Reclamation adventure is a post-apocalyptic earth, Reclamation gives you creative control to sculpt this dystopian world in any way you desire. There are blasted wastelands, verdant jungles, underwater cities, mountaintop settlements, and city ruins galore! There are survivor packs daily threatened by the mortis-horde and sprawling havens where greed, politics, and betrayal are the greatest threats to humanity. There are degenerated zombies, mutated creatures, zealous cults and cannibal tribes. There are entire regions that have fallen into an almost medieval dark age while others have been built up with futuristic technology. So whether you want to explore uncharted lands, build new societies from the ground up, or play out a game of true survival horror, Reclamation has everything you need to live out almost every conceivable kind of adventure.
- Endless Character Customization – Close your eyes and picture your ideal character. Got it? Now open the pages of Reclamation and create him or her! Reclamation offers a flexible Trait/Talent system alongside hundreds of special powers that include everything but the kitchen sink--sorcery, bio-technology, wild mutations, divine providence, personal perfection, etc. Now that I think about it, your character could actually use psychic powers to throw in the kitchen sink too! Reclamation offers a robust character generation system that ensures that no two dystopian heroes are alike!
- Anything Goes Combat – Reclamation introduces a truly unique and fast-paced combat system that lets players have absolute control over how they attack enemies and how they respond to being attacked themselves. Players are asked to describe how they strike an enemies; this isn’t just for storytelling purposes—it can actually get factored into the result of their attacks. Since this is a post-apocalyptic world, it’s also unlikely that you will be well-equipped with Kevlar vests and rocket launchers and giant broadswords. While all of those things exist, Reclamation includes rules to make ANYTHING into combat gear: golf clubs, cable modems, PVC pipes, hockey helmets. To survive the Dystopia, you’ll need ingenuity to turn junk into powerful weapons and armors!
The guidebook contains everything you need to play with the exception of 52-card playing decks for each player and the FateDealer. The book contains everything players need to play their characters, a special chapter for FateDealers to help them through the process of telling a Reclamation story, and perhaps most importantly, the special powers that make the game truly exciting are all included. Reclamation includes 150+ Magi rites (I lost count), 69 Host Evolutions, 126 Pariah Mutations, 5 Paragon Disciplines, and the two special abilities of Survivors.
Absolutely. Just add +$25 to your pledge amount. You can do this even if your current incentive level does not otherwise qualify you for a Fate Deck.
I would greatly appreciate an extra $8 to cover the additional costs of shipping the incentives associated with your pledge. I searched around on other book-based Kickstarter projects and $8 seemed to be right around the average.
Simply add an additional $30.00 to your pledge for an additional paperback copy of Reclamation or $40 for an additional hardback copy. Please send me a message if you add to your pledge for this reason.
Pledge $5 or more
You have contributed to the realization of my seven year project, and for that, you’ve earned a personal email where I shall wax poetic over your generous spirit! I promise the email will contain eloquence, shameless groveling, and of course, emoticons! ;) ;) ;)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $10 or more
Survivor of the Nuclear Cataclysm:
Previous Incentive + You have secured your name in the opening pages of Reclamation as a survivor of the Nuclear Cataclysm! If you don’t get your name in these credits… well… there’s no guarantee you are going to make it when The Sickness destroys our civilization. In fact… you almost certainly won’t.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or more
Previous Incentives + A special reading of several of the short stories included in Reclamation to help bring the setting of the game to life. This will most likely be delivered by email as an MP3 or WAV file.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $20 or more
Previous Incentives + A special, bonus MP3 track where a survivor living in the Dystopia leaves a special message just for you!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or more
Previous Incentives + I will personally contact the Progenitor and request that she download an e-version of the game (upon completion) directly into your brain… or your computer if you prefer. To tide you over to the delivery of the finished game, I will send you a PDF BETA version so that you can start playing Reclamation immediately with your friends!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $30 or more
Secrets of the Dystopia:
Previous Incentives + A special Magi rite, Host evolution, and Pariah mutation that WILL NOT be published in the book; they will only be available to Kickstarter supporters.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $45 or more
Forerunner of the Dystopia:
Previous Incentives + a signed paperback copy of Reclamation. Your title in the Acknowledgments will also be upgraded to "Forerunner."Estimated delivery:
Pledge $60 or more
Champion of the Dystopia:
Previous Incentives + a signed hardback copy of Reclamation (this actually replaces the paperback copy awarded by the ‘Forerunner of the Dystopia’ incentive) You may also add a short epitaph or quotation to your name in the Acknowledgments.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $75 or more
Previous Incentives + I will use your name (or an appropriate pseudonym of your choosing) in the book. You may find that you are the founding member of a secret organization or prominent tribe. It could be that your name is used as an example of how to chop off someone's head... or how to get your own head chopped off! Your Acknowledgment title will also be upgraded to "Founder."Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or more
Previous Incentives + A custom, 52-card deck of playing cards featuring the game logo on the front and game pictures on the “face” cards. This will help you play Reclamation in style! Kickstarters who pledge at this level can vote on which pictures I use for these decks!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or more
Previous Incentives + I will take a picture of you and have an artist draw you into the game! Email me to discuss how you would like to be immortalized on the page.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or more
Previous Incentives + I will personally create a character sheet for you based on the character you had immortalized in the $150 incentive package. A short description of this character or a quotation of your choice will also be included somewhere in the book (probably on the same page as the picture).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or more
3 backers Limited (2 left of 5)
Previous Incentives + To match your nearly perfect pledge, I will in turn write a short story about your character specifically for you. I may even include that story (or at least an excerpt) in the actual book!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or more
1 backer Limited (2 left of 3)
Live Cell Survival Package:
Previous Incentives + five more hardback copies of Reclamation and five more custom decks of Reclamation playing cards. This way, you and your gaming group will be fully equipped to start taking on adventures in the Dystopia. Also, send me a picture and I will have an artist draw your group into the game as a “live cell.” Perhaps you are a band of mercenaries or a tribe of Magi evangelists… or maybe you’re a pack of bloodthirsty zombies. The choice is yours and yours alone… you’ve won two pendants in the temple ga….oh sorry. The choice is yours.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or more
2 backers All gone!
Grand Pillar of Reclamation:
Previous Incentives + Oh geez... I don't even know. For starters, I'll call you personally with a sincere thank you. I'll provide you with a free copy of every game that I create in the future (this is my passion and I plan to be doing this for a long time)! Your Acknowledgment title will be upgraded to "Grand Pillar." I'll let you create a special power or a new kind of mutated creature that inhabits the Dystopia. Basically, I'm going to let you shape this world that I have created with your own imagination!Estimated delivery:
- (60 days)