THE COOKIE DEPARTMENT works around the clock to bring highly calibrated confections to discerning dessert lovers. Starting from simple ingredients, like organic coffee and whey protein powder, we bake creative cookies that are delicious and fully functional.
THE COOKIE DEPARTMENT's "fully functional" cookies are not just mouthwatering treats. Each of TCD’s five flavors fall into a specific lifestyle category, from the "Awaken Baked" caffeinated chocolate chip cookie to the "Snap Back" hangover aid cookie (with ginger, cayenne pepper, blackstrap molasses and a shower of sugar). Our "Snap Back" launches in January of 2012. Our target market includes college students, office geeks, muscle-bound body builders, lonely housewives, repentant drunks and vegan hipsters. We bake cookies for everyone!
1. Awaken Baked - a fully caffeinated chocolate chip cookie infused with organic fair trade coffee. Equivalent to one cup of coffee!! Sprinkled with organic sea salt.
2. Chocolate Chip Nookie - a chocolate chip cookie infused with Maca Root, a Peruvian Root which has been known to be a natural aphrodisiac. Very rich in taste and sprinkled with sea salt.
3. Tough Cookie - a peanut butter toffee cookie infused with 10 grams of whey protein.
4. Great Full - a vegan sweet potato cranberry oatmeal cookie. Cranberries and sweet potatoes are a great source for antioxidants.
5. Snap Back (launching 2012) - a chewy gingersnap infused with cayenne pepper, cloves and blackstrap molasses. These three ingredients are great for body detox. This cookie is being sold as our hangover cookie!
Our concept has had great traction in the San Francisco Bay Area. Founder Akiva Resnikoff is partnering up with consumer goods entrepreneur Pam Marcus to re-launch this trend setting company. We’re ready to expand and want to raise enough capital to take our product nationally. We think all Americans should have the opportunity to enjoy and benefit from THE COOKIE DEPARTMENT's natural, functional treats!
We are trying to raise money to purchase a large packaging machine that will help us to produce product faster and more efficiently so that we can start selling to stores, independent coffee shops, movie theaters, college campuses nationwide as well as giving us the ability to ship more product through our website. We also need to raise capital to help with the marketing of our products once we have these larger grocery accounts. As you can see, its going to be a lot of work and we're so excited to get started!
Help us gain the needed momentum to bust out beyond the Bay and be a part of an innovative product with a great story and a fun appeal. And if you see the "Cookie Guy" in his famous cookie truck (check it out at http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/220322), say hello!
- (30 days)