About this project
PuppeTyranny! (pup·pet tyr·an·ny) is a philadelphia based collective of multimedia performance and theater. We need your help to make our most recent sci-fi saga Iminami a sparkly, shimmery low budget masterwork.
Iminami (im-in-ah-me): A megatsunami, referring to a tsunami with an initial wave amplitude (height) measured in several tens, hundreds, or possibly thousands of meters. In Japanese, "purification wave".
After a devastating iminami plunges Earth into chaos, the last vestiges of the scientific community flee to the moon Enceladus in this post-apocalyptic drama of two worlds. The same folks that brought you the 'utterly, transcendently bizarre' Water Bears in Space present a new sci-fi epic replete with puppets, aerial silks and a live score provided by the music collective Upholstery.
Your generous donation will go towards...
- Rental of performance space, the wonderful, forward-thinking woodworking collective at GreenSaw Design.
- Compensation for set materials and props (the ones that aren't made from cardboard).
- Risers! For the first time, we're getting risers so that everyone can see all the action. Neat!
- 2 Aerial silks and rigging equipment
- Paying our actors, stage crew and musicians (what a concept!)
Iminami is Puppetyranny's third offering to the Philadelphia Fringe Festival. 2011 saw the sold-out run of the microscopic adventure saga, Water Bears in Space, which 'may not be the strangest Fringe show I’ve ever seen, but it at least makes the top three.' (Wendy Rosenfield, Philadelphia inquirer). And in 2009, playwright/director C. Kennedy made her Philadelphia debut with Rails, a 'fiendishly satisfying noir comedy/thriller' (CityPaper).
Support this project
- (30 days)