The Movement Project is asking for your much appreciated help in funding our 1st Official Season! Our company values the importance of authentic and creative movement as well as the collaborative efforts of our dancers.Through our work, we hope to foster conceptual, intellectual, and innovative thinking and most importantly sparks imagination and creativity of our audiences. www.themovementproject.org
Check out our video above to view our work, meet the artistic directors and hear how your help will make it happen!
HERE IS WHAT YOUR GENEROUS PLEDGE WILL FUND:
1. PAYING DANCERS - This includes rehearsal time, tech week, performances, travel, accommodations, and food! They need to eat! Don't let them go hungry!
2. REHEARSAL SPACE RENTAL FEES - in order for us to make this exciting work we need the space and time to do it! Your support helps fund the countless hours spent in the studio to bring a performance to you!
2. RENTING PERFORMANCE SPACES - The cost to produce a concert is very costly. We not only rent the spaces per hour, we also have to pay the production elements of our concerts (lighting designers, stage and house managers, electricians, tech week, dress rehearsals...)
3. PURCHASING COSTUMES - As thrifty as us modern dancers can be, we do need help in this department! Costumes can range between $50 to....well you name it. Your support will literally "put the clothes on our backs!"
4. PROMOTING EVENTS - We want you to join us in everything we do! And in order to do that we need to get the word out through promotion campaigns that unfortunatly cost money. So help us help you hear about all we are up to in Cleveland!
5. THE ART OF DANCE MAKING - And most important your pledges will finically support our artistic visions and our continued push to bring modern dance, as well as dance education to the communities of Cleveland! This is what its all about to us...You!
Risks and challenges
Operating a dance company is a challenge. At this point in the process our challenge is funding. Talk to any dancer and you'll find out just how tough it is. But dancers ALWAYS push to make it happen no matter what. Our tight community always pulls together and helps one another.
The Movement Project is ready for these challenges. We've already conquered a few already. We have wonderful family and friends who believe in us and what our company stands for. Rebecca and I are dedicated to making this happen. We are dedicated to growing a company that values artistic vision, choreographic importance, the collaborative effort of our dancers, and the importance of giving back to a community that has given us so much through the years. We are excited, we are beyond motivated, and we are very lucky to have YOU as supporters!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)